• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Added a Contribution fine but having trouble??

:D I am learning so much and actually fixed several things on my own using the search and posting here and comparing pages to eachother but I have run into a problem.

I downloaded Current Auctions from the contribution and installed it fine! I set up everything listed in the included .txt file. In admin I set up everything needed. My main page loads great with the box on the side included the auction logo. When I click on the logo I receive 404 File does not exist and it shows myUrl.com/catalogs/FILENAME_CURRENT_AUCTIONS

The quick version on what I did..

installed database

added images/php files where they need to be.

updated: filenames.php - english.php - left_column.php

I think (my newbie thinking that is) the link is either directing to wrong area or I have a file in a wrong area. I tripled checked spelling, coding and where I placed the files but still can't come up with a problem. Any suggestions....

:D I am learning so much and actually fixed several things on my own using the search and posting here and comparing pages to eachother but I have run into a problem.

I downloaded Current Auctions from the contribution and installed it fine!  I set up everything listed in the included .txt file.  In admin I set up everything needed.  My main page loads great with the box on the side included the auction logo.  When I click on the logo I receive 404 File does not exist and it shows myUrl.com/catalogs/FILENAME_CURRENT_AUCTIONS

The quick version on what I did..

installed database

added images/php files where they need to be.

updated: filenames.php - english.php - left_column.php

I think (my newbie thinking that is) the link is either directing to wrong area or I have a file in a wrong area.  I tripled checked spelling, coding and where I placed the files but still can't come up with a problem.  Any suggestions....

Double check your filenames.php define and make sure it matches FILENAME_CURRENT_AUCTIONS You usually get this with a missing define but if what is being asked for is not exactly the same as what is in your define it will not work and will act like it is not there at all.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Double check your filenames.php define and make sure it matches FILENAME_CURRENT_AUCTIONS  You usually get this with a missing define but if what  is being asked for is not exactly the same as what is in your define it will not work and will act like it is not there at all.

Your right!!! Now I checked for hours last night....this afternoon and was lost. I even looked at the coding letter for letter but still missed it! FILENAME was FILNEAME .. changed it and now it loads perfectly!!!! :lol:

THANK YOU!!!

Your right!!!  Now I checked for hours last night....this afternoon and was lost.  I even looked at the coding letter for letter but still missed it!  FILENAME was FILNEAME .. changed it and now it loads perfectly!!!! :lol:

THANK YOU!!!

Well that will probably not be the last time something like that happens. Sometimes you just have to walk away for awhile

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived