• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELp :) - need to add a "listen now" button

elixir

I need ot add a " Listen now " link in the store.. we are adding mp3 downloads and would like people to be able to listen to a sample without having to go right into the product info

listenexample.jpg

how hard is it to add a function like this in oscommerce.. and also do you know any keywords that might help me find this mod already done on the oscommerce website

• 1 month later...

hi how you doing im new to oscommerce but was wondering if you could help me out how did you add mp3 to your store as i am working on starting up a on line store but im a bit green im thinking of using either the os or the german xt commerce system and im just trying to figure out which is best, what system do you use :)

My web site is a heavily modified OSC store, so this contribution is giving me problems. I'm probably going to have to modify my store even more to get this to work. I've seen this script work on other music sites, and it's rather nice. Here take a look at this one to get an idea:

http://trancesource.com/catalog/index.php?...=26_29_33_36_32

You can see the first set in action with the LISTEN NOW button - click it - and a pop-up window appears. When you click the product, you get more information, and the player is embedded into the product page. You can load as many audio samples into the player, which is nice.

It's not very hard to install, if you haven't modified OSC too much. Unfortunately, for me I have to spend more time figuring this out than I would like to. Just download the script and follow the instructions for installation. It's not hard. Expect to spend a good 30minutes on it. If you haven't modified OSC at all, you can just upload all the files the script includes, and your all set.

There are English and French files included. You will have to modify for your specific language.

Good luck.

- O.

Archived