• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Messages at the top of index.php

edwuh

Hello I have just installed osCommerce and can not get rid of the message which reads:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/www/webdiner.bz/test/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

the knowledge base hass answers.

anyway set the properties on your catalog/includes/configure.php file to 644 via the host cpanel file manager

the knowledge base hass answers.

anyway set the properties on your catalog/includes/configure.php file to 644 via the host cpanel file manager

I am using WS_FTP and when I right click on the file and change the properties to 644 nothing happens. I have looked throught he knowledge base and have not found anything yet. Thanks for your suggestion and I will keep looking.

I have checked with my hosting and confirmed that they do not have "cpanel" or "vdeck". Additionally they confirmed that the permissions were set to 644 on the /catalog/configure.php script and should not be receiving the error. I have also looked through the Knowledge Base with no success. Any thoughts or ideas on how I may resolve this? So far I love the look and feel of this program and would like to continue using it but I really need to have that error message gone. Any help is greatly appreciated

U know what? there are THREE config files u must set.

/catalog/includes/configure.php is the one i had to set to get that error to go away.

There's also one in the admin folder. Set all of em...

Thanks for the tip! I only found two files named configure.php, one in catalog/includes and one in catalog/admin/includes and changed them both...still nothing! I will keep looking for the third and if you have any other suggestions I will be grateful? I am very close to scrapping this whole thing!

Look to see if you have a folder called 'local' with an alternative configure.php file in there. If it exists it has the ability to supercede your includes/configure.php file and application_top.php.

Vger

644 gives the owner read and write permissions - so the file is still writable (if only by you). Set the includes/configure.php to 400 (Owner - Read Only). You can set the permissions for admin/includes/configure.php to either 644 or 400 (up to you on that file).

Vger

Archived