• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My brain's not working tonight

bobg7

Don't know why I can't figure this out.

What I would like to do is in the specials.php and whats_new.php is to have them refresh every 10 seconds or so. That way as a customer is looking around, I'm hoping that the change will catch there eye.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, :thumbsup:

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Those boxes DO change and show different inventory everytime a customer clicks on anything in the website. If you're asking for some automated thingy where the screen changes every ten seconds........good luck. I think you need to relax. LOL.

Those boxes DO change and show different inventory everytime a customer clicks on anything in the website.  If you're asking for some automated thingy where the screen changes every ten seconds........good luck.  I think you need to relax.  LOL.

Anyone have a real suggestion?

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Anyone have a real suggestion?

Andrea is correct. Those boxes change everytime a customer clicks anything.

Anything that automatically flashes, moves or morphs on the screen is quite annoying to me. However, I'm not likely part of your target audience so I will suggest the following:

Search the contributions for "scrolling" or "javascript".

You can use javascript, flash or anything else you want to provide the customer experience you want. However, IMHO I don't think it looks professional at all and a 10 second refresh will distract your customer from what they are actively looking at. I don't see any of the major players doing it.

Robert

Archived