• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Force a comment to have a word.

Hugo RSF

Hi!

I actualy want this funcionality in phpBB (forum), but i think that is the same in OSC.

What i want to know is if there is a way to force a comment to contain a certain word. "People" for instance.

I want that if a comment don't contain the word, a message box is shown (or something similar) and the comment'll not submit (return to comment box for editing, for instance).

I think that this is possible in PHP, with an If cycle or sometinhg like that, but don't known how and where (wich file(s)) to do it.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Hi!

I actualy want this funcionality in phpBB (forum), but i think that is the same in OSC.

What i want to know is if there is a way to force a comment to contain a certain word. "People" for instance.

I want that if a comment don't contain the word, a message box is shown (or something similar) and the comment'll not submit (return to comment box for editing, for instance).

I think that this is possible in PHP, with an If cycle or sometinhg like that, but don't known how and where (wich file(s)) to do it.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

what comment ?

Treasurer MFC

Sorry, u are rigth. Seams confused even to me reading again.

When i mean comment i'm talking about that comments that user's can do about a product. "Comment Product".

I want to force a comment made by an user about a product of my store, to have a certain word. ;)

Sorry, u are rigth. Seams confused even to me reading again.

When i mean comment i'm talking about that comments that user's can do about a product. "Comment Product".

I want to force a comment made by an user about a product of my store, to have a certain word. ;)

you mean in product review ?

well, the check for that are done with javascript, checking that the text has at least 10 character, so expand the javascript.

Not sure why you would force a customer to write a certain word there though, as soon as that message would come up, I am gone.

Treasurer MFC

things are going to be different coding it for something other than osCommerce. perhaps best posting that question in the forum software you are using

Archived