• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BIG Problem when installing

apk

Hi,

I download the software, upped it to the server and began install. I then made the database and entered all the details for it in the installer.

I then went to go to the page where it copies the oscommerce.sql file. I then came up with this error:

New Installation

Database Import

The following error has occurred:

SQL file does not exist: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/install/oscommerce.sql

I have checked and the sql file is in the install folder where it should be. I thought this was odd and contact SparKy. He then sent me this:

The path to the SQL file is created from your server settings. so if the path is wrong then its likely that there is a configuration issue on the server.

If you want to force the location you need to edit the file install/templates/pages/install_2.php and look at lines 81 - 94.

Regards

I found out that the actual path on the hosts server was:

/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ineopc.com/httpdocs/install/oscommerce.sql

I did as SparKy said and it still doesnt work. I get the same error message. I have talked to my host and they have said that everything was fine as their end.

If ANYONE can help me then please do.

You can PM me or email: piershausjell [at] gmail.com for more info.

If you know whats wrong please let me know.

Piers

Thanks in advance just for reading this :)

I download the software, upped it to the server and began install. I then made the database

Did you actually 'create' a blank database using phpMyAdmin?

Are you installing in the root directory of your site, or in a 'catalog' folder?

Vger

Piers,

I think I've sorted it!

You need to actually edit Install_3.php in the templates/pages folder and then edit line 44 so it looks like this

$sql_file= 'D:\Domains\domain.com\wwwroot\osCommerce\catalog\install\install\oscommerce.sql';

or the relvant local path for your site#

Let me know how you get on

Paul

actually no, it didnt work :(

It managed to copy the sql file and find it then when i try to access the admin cp it just says that it cant connect to the database.

What would you reconmend?

Piers

I get Parse error: parse error in d:\Domains\kabod.co.uk\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\configure.php on line 19

when I hit Administration Tool. Any clue?

Don't know about your speed issue. Faster server ?:)

Archived