• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Server Time

matcollins

Hi,

Is there anyway I can ammend the timestamp that oscommerce enters on customer orders etc..

My host is based in the USA and my clients store is based in the UK. All the timestamps are 5 hours behind. On a previous ecommerce store I was able to enter a server time correction value that accounted for the timezones. Does oscom have this feature?

Matt

My host is based in the USA and my clients store is based in the UK. All the timestamps are 5 hours behind. On a previous ecommerce store I was able to enter a server time correction value that accounted for the timezones. Does oscom have this feature?

I had a quick look for you. I'm surprised, but it seems OSCommerce doesn't support this situation at all..

It's possible to hack your store in various ways to get it right, but none of the ideas I've just read seemed easy or risk-free.

Start your search here perhaps:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...php/t47302.html

If you have the option, maybe just switching to a host in your timezone may actually be the quickest solution =:-)

Hope this helps!

Adam

...My host is based in the USA and my clients store is based in the UK.

Are you customers aware of this ? If not then you could be in contravention of the data protection act (ie - personal data being shipped outside the EU without customer's consent)

Rich.

Are you customers aware of this ? If not then you could be in contravention of the data protection act (ie - personal data being shipped outside the EU without customer's consent)

Rich.

The site isn't live as yet and it is something I'm trying to work around, hosting in the UK isn't as reasonable as in the US but it might be that I'll have to get UK hosting for this store. Maybe a disclaimer on the privacy section of the site.

Archived