• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flaw in checkout process.

Sincraft

When customers click on 'their cart', there is no button for 'checkout'. They physically have to click on 'add to cart', but then it readds the last item they click on that is listed in their shopping cart giving them a quantity of two.

How can this be corrected? I'd also like it so no matter what item they click on in their shopping cart, it takes them to the shopping cart itself, not the product. I hate that feature.

Any suggestions? This is causing us a big headache.

S

When customers click on 'their cart', there is no button for 'checkout'.  They physically have to click on 'add to cart', but then it readds the last item they click on that is listed in their shopping cart giving them a quantity of two.

How can this be corrected?  I'd also like it so no matter what item they click on in their shopping cart, it takes them to the shopping cart itself, not the product.  I hate that feature.

Any suggestions?  This is causing us a big headache.

S

This does not seem like normal behavior to me. I just looked at a couple of my osC stores and on both of them there was a checkout button and I could link to the products listed on the my cart page. Either you have made changes that have affected your cart or I am not understanding where the problem is. You might want to give a url.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hi

I had the same problem. There is actually a checkout button. It is the tiny arrow in the top right corner of the cart box. Not the most evident of checkout buttons.......

Fortunately, there is a contribution that adds a checkout button to the bottom of the cart. I have forgotten the link, but search for checkout in the contributions.

Hope this helps

Hi

I had the same problem. There is actually a checkout button. It is the tiny arrow in the top right corner of the cart box. Not the most evident of checkout buttons.......

Fortunately, there is a contribution that adds a checkout button to the bottom of the cart. I have forgotten the link, but search for checkout in the contributions.

Hope this helps

that arrow takes you to the cart contents, not checkout and that is as it should be.

Treasurer MFC

I meant the arrow takes you to the cart. The checkout button contribution also takes you to the cart. In my opinion, going to the cart is the start of the checkout procedure.

When you've added an item to the cart already, and later click to view the cart you should see three buttons - update - continue shopping - checkout. If you don't have those buttons then there is something wrong with your install. Is this a standard osCommerce install, or is this a 'loaded' version of osCommerce you've got from somewhere else?

Vger

No, when I VIEW an item, I have two options..

Reviews and Add to Cart.

If I click add to cart, I have an additional button ...checkout.

That's ok.

The problem is the Shopping Cart on the right hand side.

If you choose an item, there is still an option to add it to the cart. Many people think..oh ok..it must have unadded it or is asking me if I want this added to my cart. Then they click on it, it adds ANOTHER item, they dont see or know it, and click checkout..and pay double for one item causing us mass problems with refunding and explaining to the customer.

I'd like to have it so it has the item listed as 'ALREADY ADDED TO CART' with a CHECKOUT option. OR, if they clikc on >>>>>>>ANY<<<< item, it takes them to their shopping cart list. Then they can view the item etc.

S

No, when I VIEW an item, I have two options..

Reviews and Add to Cart.

If I click add to cart, I have an additional button ...checkout.

That's ok.

The problem is the Shopping Cart on the right hand side.

If you choose an item, there is still an option to add it to the cart.  Many people think..oh ok..it must have unadded it or is asking me if I want this added to my cart.  Then they click on it, it adds ANOTHER item, they dont see or know it, and click checkout..and pay double for one item causing us mass problems with refunding and explaining to the customer.

I'd like to have it so it has the item listed as 'ALREADY ADDED TO CART' with a CHECKOUT option.  OR, if they clikc on >>>>>>>ANY<<<< item, it takes them to their shopping cart list.  Then they can view the item etc.

S

you can set the option that they go to the cart when adding to the cart.

Treasurer MFC

seems maybe I am wording this incorrectly maybe? Or maybe people aren't aware of the other carts out there that do this?

I DO have it set to goto the cart after they add it, where it says 'continue shopping'.

WHAT I WANT OSC to do is:

-Look at the shopping cart ot the right, with 2 added items in it let's say.

-YOU as a customer, do not know that you have to click on that TINY little arrow to view your cart. Yes I know there is a view cart icon above the cart, but I would ALSO like it so that when you click on >>>>>>>>ANY<<<<<<<<<< item in the cart, it takes you to the cart view. >>>>>>>>>>NOT<<<<<<<<<< to just THAT item. People are confused by this, and are adding TWO items or more because they think it is not added to their cart, as it took them to the orginal description they saw when they first viewed the product.

In other words, I DO NOT want the customer to be able to view the item they clicked on in the cart. I want it to take them to the ENTIRE cart contents.

FYI - I added that contrib that adds a button 'checkout' to the cart once there is an item added. Very nice, already relieving SOME confusion with my customers.

seems maybe I am wording this incorrectly maybe?  Or maybe people aren't aware of the other carts out there that do this?

I DO have it set to goto the cart after they add it, where it says 'continue shopping'. 

WHAT I WANT OSC to do is:

-Look at the shopping cart ot the right, with 2 added items in it let's say. 

-YOU as a customer, do not know that you have to click on that TINY little arrow to view your cart.  Yes I know there is a view cart icon above the cart, but I would ALSO like it so that when you click on >>>>>>>>ANY<<<<<<<<<< item in the cart, it takes you to the cart view.  >>>>>>>>>>NOT<<<<<<<<<< to just THAT item.  People are confused by this, and are adding TWO items or more because they think it is not added to their cart, as it took them to the orginal description they saw when they first viewed the product. 

In other words, I DO NOT want the customer to be able to view the item they clicked on in the cart.  I want it to take them to the ENTIRE cart contents. 

FYI - I added that contrib that adds a button 'checkout' to the cart once there is an item added.  Very nice, already relieving SOME confusion with my customers.

well, then why don't you redefine the product links in the shopping_cart box to point to the general shopping cart.

Treasurer MFC

well, then why don't you redefine the product links in the shopping_cart box to point to the general shopping cart.

all it takes is redefine this code:

$cart_contents_string .= $products[$i]['quantity'] . ' x </span></td><td align="left" valign="top" class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">';

Treasurer MFC

The confusion came from you were saying cart and talking about the cartbox up in the corner and we were hearing cart and thinking the shopping cart page. The word box in there somewhere would have pointed us in the right direction quicker.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

all it takes is redefine this code:

$cart_contents_string .= $products[$i]['quantity'] . ' x </span></td><td align="left" valign="top" class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">';

THANKS AMANDA! :D

S

Archived