• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Doesn't work on my new server.

I have used osCommerce many times in the past on different servers.

I had a shop up-and-running at a client's site. Then we switched server companies to goDaddy.com, because they are insanely affordable and their support is good.

I dumped the database off of the old site, into a .sql file, and I ran that file in the MySQL shell, so that worked fine, and I got my whole database intact, for all I know, on the new server.

So this is the problem: When I go to the catalog, it says:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/s/e/v/seventhfuse/html/store/includes/functions/general.php on line 251

So I wiped the store, reinstalled OS Commerce from an original, configured it to my new database, and the same thing happened. I'm confused. This is right out of the box.

How do I troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher

No, I did that, installed the sample data instead. Same problem. Seemingly it is not working, out-of-the-box. Now, I've done this many times before and never had this problem.

Hmmm.... Does anyone have any idea what my options are in terms of torubleshooting this thing? I am using:

PHP 4.3.10

MySQL 4.0.2

A little help?

Line 251 appears to be dealling with getting country name. Verify line 251 in your source file. Then maybe check that you have set up all the Languages/Countries properly.

At least it will give you a starting point.

Tom

Archived