• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES

mue_ninja

hi,

following problem...

i have installed oscommerce on a strato(name of provider) server and everthing is ok... everything but the modules in the admin section. i got following error message there:

Warning: main(): Unable to access \\h/henderson/www/1/409/00000002.43kr2sd1x21i3pnnr0i1c0epnyjkzgct/root/htdocs/oscommerce/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet.php in \\henderson\www\1\409\00000002.43kr2sd1x21i3pnnr0i1c0epnyjkzgct\root\htdocs\oscommerce\catalog\admin\modules.php on line 128

the suspect point for me is the "\\h/henderson" because i saw the "\\h" for the first time in a path...

what can the failure be?

greets...

configure.php:

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.musiad.net'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.musiad.net');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/oscommerce/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/oscommerce/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/henderson/www/1/409/00000002.43kr2sd1x21i3pnnr0i1c0epnyjkzgct/root/htdocs/oscommerce/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'mysql4.strato.de'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'U******');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '*******');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'DB*******');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

I don't see anything right off the bat. I agree the \\h does appear suspect.

However, you are running with php safe_mode set to on! This might be part of the problem. Certainly other things will not work with safe_mode on.

HTH

Tom

I don't see anything right off the bat. I agree the \\h does appear suspect.

However, you are running with php safe_mode set to on! This might be part of the problem. Certainly other things will not work with safe_mode on.

HTH

Tom

hmm, how do you know that?

although i'm working with these php scripts for a month now, i'm lacking in many terms of php (and english :blush: )

so is this safe mode the reason of the \\h? and how can i turn it off? and how do you know i have it on?

I ran "server_info" via your admin panel.

You need to protect your oscommerce/catalog/admin folder via your "cpanel" or use .htaccess or use a contribution in oscommerce that will "secure" your administartion area with a login and password.

"safe_mode" off is a requirement to run oscommerce. I don't know if the \\h is the result of this.

You need to contact your host provider to have him set safe_mode = off in the php.ini file and then restart your server. Running server_info via your oscommerce admin tools section gives you the exact location of the php.ini file (C:\WINDOWS\php.ini).

HTH

Tom

I ran "server_info" via your admin panel.

You need to protect your oscommerce/catalog/admin folder via your "cpanel" or use .htaccess or use a contribution in oscommerce that will "secure" your administartion area with a login and password.

"safe_mode" off is a requirement to run oscommerce. I don't know if the \\h is the result of this.

You need to contact your host provider to have him set safe_mode = off in the php.ini file and then restart your server. Running server_info via your oscommerce admin tools section gives you the exact location of the php.ini file (C:\WINDOWS\php.ini).

HTH

Tom

hmm, can't do that with my host provider.. they won't do it... but that's not the problem... i tried the installation on my local server... with safe_mode = on... and it worked# worked without the problem in the modules part on the admin page.

maybe there will be other problems otherwhere, but not in that point.

i don't know why, but i have similar problems with other php scripts on the same server (not my local one).

the confusing thing is that other have the same scripts working... and no one has a (real) clue what the problem can be... the provider himself isn't very helpful at all

Archived