• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem accessing mysite.com/admin

NiceGuyEd

Greetings.

I've recently had to start my shop from scratch due to some problems I was having. My host runs Apache/PLESK and offers the osC2.2 from within Plesk which I have successfully installed.

When I try to access my shop's admin from mysite.com/admin, I get a popup for username/password just as I always did. However, I was under the impression that there is no user/pass for the default shop but entering nothing and hitting enter doesn't seem to work. I've also tried the user/pass for my PLESK desk as well as the user/pass for the database to no avail.

Where can I find that user/pass information?

Thanks for any insight!

Ed

I'm no expert but it sounds like a server issue rather than an oscommerce issue. Is the password set up for that directory in an .htaccess file on the server? You could check the contents of the .htaccess file via FTP.

Has your service provider set security on that directory?

When you run an install from your web hosting Control Panel it comes with a login which is set up by the server. You have to go to your web hosting control panel and Password Protect the 'admin' folder (do it after renaming the folder and altering the pathways to /admin/ in admin/includes/configure.php). This will set up the .htaccess and .htpasswd for you and you'll be able to get in.

Vger

You have to go to your web hosting control panel and Password Protect the 'admin' folder (do it after renaming the folder and altering the pathways to /admin/ in admin/includes/configure.php).? This will set up the .htaccess and .htpasswd? for you and you'll be able to get in.

Vger

Hmm... You lost me. :D

Basically what I've done so far is install the osCommerce shop from within PLESK. And then via FTP I moved the entire shop's directory structure from '/catalog' to '/'. I then have made the appropriate changes from within admin/includes/configure.php. The default shop is showing up properly at my web address.

Now I'm back in PLESK and can't seem to find where I can Password Protect the admin folder. I'm looking in the file manager, but don't see a .htaccess file or .htpasswd.

Is there a place in PLESK that would show my current user/pass?

hmm... I was looking in the wrong spot and have found 3 files in PLESK inside the admin folder that I think I may need to be editing. I have .htaccess, .htaccess.old, and htpasswd.

I tried using the user/pass shown in .htpasswd, but it still won't let me log into the admin. I must be missing something simple.

Any insight? :)

Ed

hmm... I was looking in the wrong spot and have found 3 files in PLESK inside the admin folder that I think I may need to be editing.  I have .htaccess, .htaccess.old, and htpasswd. 

I tried using the user/pass shown in .htpasswd, but it still won't let me log into the admin.  I must be missing something simple.

Ed

I also use a plesk server for my store. The way mine works is in the Web administrative control panel I can go to my installed oscommerce store (mine is under Application Vault) and set information such as username and password.

Hope this helps,

Shannon

I also use a plesk server for my store.  The way mine works is in the Web administrative control panel I can go to my installed oscommerce store (mine is under Application Vault) and set information such as username and password.

Hope this helps,

Shannon

Thanks shannon... indeed that's where it was. I'm in. :thumbsup::D

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I can't get in my admin panel under my host after I moved my files up to the root directory. I dont have a configure.php file in admin, nor any of these .htaccess files. What can I do?

hmm... I was looking in the wrong spot and have found 3 files in PLESK inside the admin folder that I think I may need to be editing.  I have .htaccess, .htaccess.old, and htpasswd. 

I tried using the user/pass shown in .htpasswd, but it still won't let me log into the admin.  I must be missing something simple.

Ed

Archived