• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

couple questions

I have 2 questions... if anyone can help I'd really appreciate your time.

1) At the bottom middle of my site I have a section for "New products for January". The left top is rounded and the right top is square.... I know I need to set them to either true or false (as I did on my side columns).. but my problem is... I can't figure out which file to edit. Can anyone tell me which file that would be in?

2) One other quick question... Some of my header boxes have little white arrows to the right of the header name. I'm not really sure what purpose they serve but shouldn't they all have it or not have it? I have them in some boxes and not others... I didn't know if thats normal or yet another thing i messed up. Any ideas anyone? Is there a way to edit those arrows out?

:blink: I'm gonna get this all figured out someday! Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

1) The file is: catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php

2) You need to click on these arrows and you will see what they are for ;) They are shortcust for example: in the box Specials, if you click on the white arrow, you will be redirected to the specials.php page. To remove this arrow, you need to edit the file:

catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php

-DS

I have 2 questions... if anyone can help I'd really appreciate your time.

1)  At the bottom middle of my site I have a section for "New products for January".  The left top is rounded and the right top is square.... I know I need to set them to either true or false (as I did on my side columns).. but my problem is...  I can't figure out which file to edit.  Can anyone tell me which file that would be in?

2)  One other quick question... Some of my header boxes have little white arrows to the right of the header name. I'm not really sure what purpose they serve but shouldn't they all have it or not have it? I have them in some boxes and not others... I didn't know if thats normal or yet another thing i messed up. Any ideas anyone?  Is there a way to edit those arrows out? 

:blink:  I'm gonna get this all figured out someday!  Thanks everyone!  :thumbsup:

1) For changing the box header left and right you need to change those in

/catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php

2)The little arrows on the right is nothing but browe button thati s suppose u want to view all the special products or top selling products then clicking on the arrow will display all the products under that on a page.. .

If you want remove those arrows then, say u want to remove it from specials then go to this line in catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS));

and remove the fourth arument from the above that is

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

This will remove the right arrow from specials box...Hope this helps

:rolleyes:

1) For changing the box header left and right you need to  change those in

/catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php

2)The little arrows on the right is nothing but browe button thati s suppose u want to view all the special products or top selling products then clicking on the arrow will display all the products under that on a page.. .

If you want remove those arrows then, say u want to remove it from specials then go to this line in catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS));

and remove the fourth arument from the above that is

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

This will remove the right arrow from specials box...Hope this helps

:rolleyes:

however, the box for new products is a module in the includes/modules directory.

Treasurer MFC

Archived