LeeSkye

I am using my old computer as a localhost and the following set up

Win XP Pro

Apache 2.052

PHP 5.0.3

MySql 4..8

MySqlAdmin 1.0.18

I downloaded OsCommerce -2.2ms2

Unzipped it and then copied "catalogue" to C:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs and tried to "install" from my browser as per instructions on this forum.

After the "New Installation" screen where it asks me to "Please enter the database server information" etc [and after I fill everything in] when I press "continue" the next screen pops up but it only the upper half that appears.

The next screen at the top shows

New Installation

Database Import

and there is nothing below that. No error message or successful test connection made etc. and the osCommerce template itself is only half there.

I can't figure out what I have done wrong. Any ideas?

Well, you will have a small problem with php5, but that should not present itself until after the install, when you will need to go to admin/includes/classes/upload.php and change $this on line 31 to //$this

There may also be an issue with the version of mysql installed, but that's difficult to tell because your description is not complete.

Vger

Well, you will have  a small problem with php5, but that should not present itself until after the install, when you will need to go to admin/includes/classes/upload.php and change $this on line 31 to //$this

There may also be an issue with the version of mysql installed, but that's difficult to tell because your description is not complete.

Vger

Thanks for the reply.

I see where I had missed something between the two periods-

I'm using MySql-4.1.8-essential-win

Would you suggest using earlier specific versions of PHP and MySql?

Archived