• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple Password Lookup?

Just lately I've had several customers who have lost their passwords and rather than using the lost password at the site they've just been emailing me. I've been just changing their password to mine in the db and then logging in as them and changing it to something they'll remember- is there a simpler way to look these up at the Admin end of things?

the passwords are encryped. you should just ask them to click on the last password.

else if they are that lazy, then go to the site, and click on lost password for them and have the system email them a password.

if it were me . . .

the passwords are encryped.  you should just ask them to click on the last password.

else if they are that lazy, then go to the site, and click on lost password for them and have the system email them a password.

if it were me . . .

Most of them I can do that and no problem but you know there always has to be those few!

I know there is a contrib out there that will let the admin "click" to make a customer a new pw. The admin doesn't know what it is and it gets mailed out to the customer. That would save you having to do any changes, just look the customer up and click the change pw button...let me see......

The contrib is called:

Admin Send Password V1.1

Admin Send Password click here to go to the contrib

Hope that helps

RW

Most of them I can do that and no problem but you know there always has to be those few!

I know there is a contrib out there that will let the admin "click" to make a customer a new pw.  The admin doesn't know what it is and it gets mailed out to the customer. That would save you having to do any changes, just look the customer up and click the change pw button...let me see......

The contrib is called:

Admin Send Password V1.1

Admin Send Password click here to go to the contrib

Hope that helps

RW

Thank you! Much easier than going directly to the db via phpMyAdmin :thumbsup:

Archived