• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seach Engine Friendly URL Support

BlueYon

I am running 2.2-MS2 and I just installed Search Engine Friendly URL v-1.13. It is running fine. But I have a slight problem regarding the product_info page. Before the install I had some extra text which would display under the reviews and add to cart button. Something like this:

<HR width="80%" color="#044476">
<tr>
<td align="left" class="smallText"><h3>Here are a few reasons to shop here...</h3>
<ul><li><b><u>Order Confirmation:</u></b>    You will receive immediate email confirmation from us after placing your order to confirm that it was entered correctly and that we have received it.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee:</u></b>    We guarantee that we will ship the correct products to you in pristine condition.  If for any reason your products are damaged or lost in shipping, we will replace them immediately.  Simply call or email us so that we can help you.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>Track your order from our door to yours:</u></b>    With our store, you'll never wonder when your products are going to arrive.  We happily send you a unique tracking number that will allow you to get an estimated delivery date, as well as see where your package is at any time.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>Order Status Updates via Telephone & Email:</u></b>    If any item from your selection is out of stock, we will immediately send you an email, giving you the option of waiting or shipping immediately.  Your satisfaction is our highest priority, and communicating with you is the first step toward meeting your needs.</li>
</ul>
</td></tr>

Now it does not appear on page. Even though it is visible in the the php script. Below you will see the bottom section of product_info.php:

<tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
				<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_path($current_category_id = '')) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>                
			<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td>
<?php
   if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
     echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
   } else {
     include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
   }
 }
?>

<HR width="80%" color="#044476">
<tr>
<td align="left" class="smallText"><h3>Here are a few reasons to shop here...</h3>
<ul><li><b><u>Order Confirmation:</u></b>    You will receive immediate email confirmation from us after placing your order to confirm that it was entered correctly and that we have received it.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee:</u></b>    We guarantee that we will ship the correct products to you in pristine condition.  If for any reason your products are damaged or lost in shipping, we will replace them immediately.  Simply call or email us so that we can help you.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>Track your order from our door to yours:</u></b>    With our store, you'll never wonder when your products are going to arrive.  We happily send you a unique tracking number that will allow you to get an estimated delivery date, as well as see where your package is at any time.</li><br>
   <li><b><u>Order Status Updates via Telephone & Email:</u></b>    If any item from your selection is out of stock, we will immediately send you an email, giving you the option of waiting or shipping immediately.  Your satisfaction is our highest priority, and communicating with you is the first step toward meeting your needs.</li>
</ul>
</td></tr>
       </td>
     </tr>
  <tr>
      <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
      <td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
      <?php echo '<a title="' . $tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $tags_array['title'] . '">' . $tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>
     </tr>
   </table></table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I have no reason why is happening, So am asking for some help or suggestions please.

Site is located here!!

Thank you.

ble044

The index.php was combined with product_info.php by the previous contributors. This would be the result of not seeing anything you had changed in the product_info.php at any time.

Also, the updated version I put together was made to work on osCommerce 2.2RC2a/ I have no idea if it is compatible with 2.2-MS2

Just a Suggestion

Go and use Ultimate SEO Urls instead of this one.

2.1d ORIGINAL updated by FWR Media on 23 Feb 2008

Download:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823

Forum: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130999

Edited by googlejunky

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, I am installing this contribution but keep getting this error when I try to add the application_top.php

Warning: require(includes/classes/url_rewrite.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 125

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/url_rewrite.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 125

Do you happen to know whats wrong?

hello, I am installing this contribution but keep getting this error when I try to add the application_top.php

Warning: require(includes/classes/url_rewrite.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 125

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/url_rewrite.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 125

Do you happen to know whats wrong?

Hi Stephie, all u need to do is go the package you downloaded and upload the new url_rewrite.php file. It's a new file that you just upload.

:)

Hi!

I have tryed to install Search Engine Friendly URL 1.13

but it dont seem to work when i place the .htaccess file in the root the site is closed and also admin

this happens:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

is this problem beacuse i have an old version of oscommerce and not the new one?

and this problem also occur when i have tryed on my website ( not my server )

Hope someone have a qlue?

Regards Tony

Edited by El_Heso

Hi!

Again now i tryed to install Search Engine Friendly URL 1.13 on a clean oscommerce 2.2RC2a

i have done everything and this happens:

IISPassword

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. It is most likely that configuration files for this url are corrupted.

HTTP Error 500

IISPassword for Internet Information Services

Anyone know what is going wrong?

When i remove the htaccess from the root the site starts but when i click on a category

this happens:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.

If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.

Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.

Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

so i think the problem is in the .htaccess file

/Tony

Edited by El_Heso

Hi!

Again now i tryed to install Search Engine Friendly URL 1.13 on a clean oscommerce 2.2RC2a

i have done everything and this happens:

IISPassword

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. It is most likely that configuration files for this url are corrupted.

HTTP Error 500

IISPassword for Internet Information Services

Anyone know what is going wrong?

When i remove the htaccess from the root the site starts but when i click on a category

this happens:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.

If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.

Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.

Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

so i think the problem is in the .htaccess file

/Tony

Tony are you running your own server or are you on a hosting plan?

I'll start by saying that I know nothing about IIS other than what I have read.

The consensus of my reading mostly said get another host and get off of IIS.

Yes, it has something to do with the htaccess file.

Do a search on Google for this

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums IISPassword for Internet Information Services

and see what you think you need to do according to others responses

Google Junky

Edited by googlejunky

Tony are you running your own server or are you on a hosting plan?

I'll start by saying that I know nothing about IIS other than what I have read.

The consensus of my reading mostly said get another host and get off of IIS.

Yes, it has something to do with the htaccess file.

Do a search on Google for this

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums IISPassword for Internet Information Services

and see what you think you need to do according to others responses

Google Junky

Hi!

I have tryed both my own server by wamp: apache server doesn´t work and also my hosting site, it´s the same errors

/Tony

I downloaded a add ones and When using this add one I got error 404 message, without .htaccess editing.

And after editing in .htaccess i got error 505.

How can i fix it! :'(

Original error appears on IE is:

URL is : http://192.168.0.207/oscommerce/catalog/DV...n/The-Matrix-6/

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

localhost

04/01/08 19:01:20

Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5

When I was born, I was cryed and everyone around me was smiling.

Live our life so at the end,

I am the one who is smiling and everyone around me is crying.

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

localhost

04/02/08 12:34:43

Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.5

I am using Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13 from

url: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2796

that contains:

---------------------------------------------------------

Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13

Updated by: Google Junky on March 16, 2008

Support at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129041

Contribution was combined from previous versions.

It works with osCommerce v2.2RC2a

You have 2 options.

1. Use the files that are provided(for a fresh install of oscommerce)

2. Use the instructions to add the code yourself

- Cache needs to be set to TRUE

Path: Configuration > Use Cache

- SEF URLs needs to be set to TRUE to use SEO URL's

Path: Configuration > MyStore > Use Search-Engine Safe URLs

- Force cookie needs to be set to true

Path: Configuration > Force Cookie Use

- Cookie domain needs to be setup in config file to use SEO URLs

hey googlejunky,

thanks for your reply.

Yaah.. that's on my localserver. once I correct everything then I want to upload to the remote server.

I am not using .htaccess file because when I am using .htaccess file it shows error.

Will you please tell me how can I edit in .htaccess file.

after some modification I got

http://localhost/shazeonoscomm/catalog/pro.../products_id/26

but I want to be "productname" instead of "/products_id/26"

Please guide me.

Thanks and regards

Praful

Edited by prafulkr

You may find it out on

http://shaze.in/catalog/

But add ons are not included in that proj. so I am checking on localserver.

How can I modify add ons file to use in our project.

Thanks and regards.

Praful

hey googlejunky,

thanks for your reply.

Yaah.. that's on my localserver. once I correct everything then I want to upload to the remote server.

I am not using .htaccess file because when I am using .htaccess file it shows error.

Will you please tell me how can I edit in .htaccess file.

after some modification I got

http://localhost/shazeonoscomm/catalog/pro.../products_id/26

but I want to be "productname" instead of "/products_id/26"

Please guide me.

Thanks and regards

Praful

it is very hard to follow if you have the original working yet. You have made multiple posts of different problems. have you resolved any of them? Do you have it working the way it was intended, followed the instructions and included every file that was supposed to be used?

it is very hard to follow if you have the original working yet. You have made multiple posts of different problems. have you resolved any of them? Do you have it working the way it was intended, followed the instructions and included every file that was supposed to be used?

I am not able to use .htaccess file

I keep my code in

D:\xampp\htdocs\oscom\catalog\

so how can i set my .htaccess file.

I am not able to use .htaccess file

I keep my code in

D:\xampp\htdocs\oscom\catalog\

so how can i set my .htaccess file.

I finished installation correctly and links appears right and cache files are created but when i clich on any link this shows the 404 error. I am not using .htaccess file because using .htaccess file i got 500 error message.

my site url is

http://shaze.in/catalog/index.php

what would be the .htaccess file for this site.

I am not able to write .htaccess file for this site.

my current htaccess file contant is:

------------------------------------------------

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

# <IfDefine SSL>

# SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

# nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

# downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

# </IfDefine>

#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

php_value session.auto_start 0

This is my second attempt at creating a better version of the search engine safe urls.

It will change URLS from:

http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php?c...p;products_id=1

to:

http://www.yoursite.com/Hardware/Graphics-...atrox-G200-MMS/

You can see it being used on a live site here:

http://www.itchi-tech.com

Hi, Is there any way to change:

http://www.site.com/contact_us.php to http://www.site.com/contact_us/

I have try with this in htacces:

RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ contact_us.php?=$1 [L]

It work's ok. But when I try to make another sef link ex:( RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ shipping.php?=$1 [L] it redirects to contact_us/

can you help me with this, Thanks

any one have an Idea about .htaccess.

How t owrite .htaccess file. How to create own 404 error page.

etc..

prafulkr: Which contribution are you using?

You have left comments in the "Ultimate SEO Urls" thread and in the "Search Engine Friendly Urls" thread.

I'm not sure you realize that they are not the same.

I downloaded from

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2796

and install it to my local server

My .htaccess file is

# SEF BEGIN

# Change ReWrite base according to where your store is located

# / is domain.com and /catalog is domain.com/catalog

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /sosc/catalog //because this is my directory path.

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

# SEF END

but it shows server error.

??