• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin: payment module problem

certified natural uk

I have reinstalled my shop a couple of times to try and fix problem without success

When im trying to pay for an item it says there is only one way to do it, i have installed the payment module but i cant get options to add any other ways of payment, i need paypal and nochex options - when i go to payment module in admin it says to install even tho i have already installed it

I have reinstalled my shop a couple of times to try and fix problem without success

When im trying to pay for an item it says there is only one way to do it, i have installed the payment module but i cant get options to add any other ways of payment, i need paypal and nochex options - when i go to payment module in admin it says to install even tho i have already installed it

anyone?

There is installing as in adding the module to your store so you can use it and then there in installing it as enabling it so your customers can see it. The install button in the admin does the second. Have you clicked on the install button and configured the module making sure that the enable box (if there is one) is checked?

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

There is installing as in adding the module to your store so you can use it and then there in installing it as enabling it so your customers can see it. The install button in the admin does the second. Have you clicked on the install button and configured the module making sure that the enable box (if there is one) is checked?

All i have done is go to admin and payment module then click the green install + button, i dont no what else im meant to do

no other otpions appear when i press the install button, how do i configure the module?

All i have done is go to admin and payment module then click the green install + button, i dont no what else im meant to do

no other otpions appear when i press the install button, how do i configure the module?

if you look at this tutorial

http://www.demodemo.com/1/tutorials/osc_payment.htm

i have no options payment options available to choose, how do i get them to be displayed?

Sorry, you are not permitted to view this tutorial from the link you clicked. If you are reading this and you came here from a web hosting related site, it means the site that has linked to our tutorial product without permission. If that is the case, please assist us. It would help us a great deal if you let us know.

If you have reached our site from a link in a search engine, and you are interested in adding Flash hosting tutorials to your site, then feel free to take a look at our great selection of tutorial product.

We work hard to keep our prices low. Hotlinking to our products without authorization uses up our bandwidth - which we pay for.

Not a lot of good that link!

When you have clicked the 'Install' button for the payment module then you need to click 'Edit', and input your details (e-mail address etc). Have you done this? Or are you saying this option does not exist?

Vger

Not a lot of good that link!

When you have clicked the 'Install' button for the payment module then you need to click 'Edit', and input your details (e-mail address etc).  Have you done this?  Or are you saying this option does not exist?

Vger

i click install, the page refreshes and im left with the same green install button, there is no edit or other buttons displayed

when i check my ftp payment module files like paypal.php seem to be there already

i click install, the page refreshes and im left with the same green install button, there is no edit or other buttons displayed

when i check my ftp payment module files like paypal.php seem to be there already

I am not sure whether your problem have been resolved by now. I want to talk my feeling about your case. When you first enter the payment page in admin, the green install button is NOT available, whick is real fake. U shall click the "paypal" row first, and then this row will become light-blue, then, the green install is correct ! It is my feeling when I installed the payment. Hope any useful.

Good luck.

Check via FTP that the 'modules' have permissions set to 644, and also check your admin/includes/configure.php file for errors.

Vger

im using ws ftp for my files, i cannot find any permisson settings, when i go to properties and change owner to write , an error comes up saying operation not permitted

When you've FTP'd to the folder you right-click, select Operations --> FTP Commands -->CHMOD (Unix), and you should then be able to change the permissions. If you are on a Windows server then the CHMOD command will not work - it only applies to Linux/Unix servers.

Vger

When you've FTP'd to the folder you right-click, select Operations -->  FTP Commands -->CHMOD (Unix), and you should then be able to change the permissions.  If you are on a Windows server then the CHMOD command will not work - it only applies to Linux/Unix servers.

Vger

i am using windows unfortunately

hello, I had the same problem where neither payment or shipping modules would install. I traced it down to a problem with the DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES global in admin/includes/configure.php. When I changed the value of DIR_FS_CATALOG to a hard-coded full path (like 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/Store/') then the definition define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/') works fine and my payment module installs correctly.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I'm having exactly the same problem:

When I get to any of the module pages in the admin menu, eg. payment, shipping, or order total, All I get is a heading and the install button with the green plus sign.

I hard-coded the DIR_FS_CATALOG global variable, as suggested, and the address folder address changes to:

Module Directory: http://ssl.linknet.com.au/freeman/catalog/...odules/payment/

but I still don't get a list of the modules to install. I have made all of the folders along the way to the modules 777, so there should be no permissions problems... but still no install list.... HELP!!!

- solarsister

hello,  I had the same problem where neither payment or shipping modules would install.  I traced it down to a problem with the DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES global in admin/includes/configure.php.  When I changed the value of DIR_FS_CATALOG to a hard-coded full path (like 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/Store/') then the definition define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/') works fine and my payment module installs correctly.

Hope this helps

Archived