• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Language

designbysue

I am totally new to osCommerce but am making headway - with one block so far. How do I "turn off" additional languages. I would like English only and the installation includes German and Spanish. What I am referring to is in the area to add products and categories, there are places to add the other two languages. Even if I leave these blank, they show up on the site. (hope I explained that so you understand!) Thanks in advance for any help.

I am totally new to osCommerce but am making headway - with one block so far.  How do I "turn off" additional languages.  I would like English only and the installation includes German and Spanish.  What I am referring to is in the area to add products and categories, there are places to add the other two languages.  Even if I leave these blank, they show up on the site.  (hope I explained that so you understand!)  Thanks in advance for any help.

Go to your admin side

Go to Localization

Go to Languages and delete the other languages. That's what I did.

Thanks! That's what I needed.

If you are only going to have one language you should probably remove the language box from the catalog section and may the currency box as well. You can do this by editing your includes/column_right.php file.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

And also delete the other language directories from your lnaguages directory. They just waste disk space and bandwidth (on backups) at this point.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are only going to have one language you should probably remove the language box from the catalog section and may the currency box as well. You can do this by editing your includes/column_right.php file.

sample:

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {
   //include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');
 }
?>

Archived