• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Password Lost from Admin area !!!!

chowhan

Hello ,

I just copyed My website to a new domain and server From my old webshop. but now the admin user Id and password don't work . What should i do ?? i have tzry to read an page but it don't really help me . Is there any other easy way to do that ??

Thepage i read is

http://www.htmlite.com/HTA006.php

Please Help me out of this problem .

With reagrds

Joney Chowhan

As Peter recommanded me this website to create the .htaccess file but i already have this file . What my problem is that what should i do with this genatored files and where should i put them ? I really need to get it working soon .

Please help me out of this problem

With best regards.

Hi,

If you have the 2 files ...............

1. The .htaccess goes in your /admin path

2. The 'password' file (usually called .htpasswd , but it can be called anything you like) usually also goes in the same path .. /admin

3. You can put the password file anywhere you like, as long as you change the line in .htaccess, to show the correct path. It is in fact more secure if you place the password file outside the webroot path, although any decent server will be configured to disallow the viewing of any files beginning with a period.

Peter

There is another way to do this. FTP to your website and rename the admin folder, change the paths in admin/includes/configure.php from /admin/ to /newname/, then go to your web hosting control panel and password protect the folder under it's new name. This will give you a User Name and Password you can use to access the 'admin' folder, and will write the changes into .htaccess and .htpasswd for you.

Vger

ONE THING I HAVE NOTICED IN THE STORE THAT NO ONE MENTIONED

in the admin, Config, My Store I notice that you can set the currency to default language, you default language is english, and you have no english currency setup Eg: GBP, have a look at setting up GBP as a currency and if this changes the 0 to a ?"value" the you know that this was the problem. you can then set that pram to false

Steve

PS: Nice mod by the way

Hi,

ONE THING I HAVE NOTICED IN THE STORE THAT NO ONE MENTIONED

in the admin, Config, My Store I notice that you can set the currency to default language, you default language is english, and you have no english currency setup Eg: GBP, have a look at setting up GBP as a currency and if this changes the 0 to a ?"value" the you know that this was the problem. you can then set that pram to false

No one mentioned it, because the thread topic was:

Password Lost from Admin area !!!!, Please Help !!!!!

and has nothing to do with languages or currencies. :lol:

Peter

Archived