• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ssl certificate problem - Newbie question

kd5itr

Hi folks,

I'm a site developer but completely new to oscommerce.

I've inherited a site to administer that was developed entirely with oscommerce.

The first big question:

Each time a new visitor goes to the secure part of the site, they get a message that the site certificate is self signed and not trusted.

This bothers the customers.

I've contected the hosting web site and they assure me that the certificates are shared and should not issue a problem.

Being new to oscommerce, I'm not sure if this may be a problem with the original code of with the hosting site,

Here is a link to show the problem:

https://server1025.worldwidewebhostingserve...f51cf88001cd64c

Now, does anyone have any suggestions on where I should start to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

John

SSL certificates are very cheap now, i would get a full certificate (not shared).

Ask the host how much they will do a full cert for, or get your own.

This doesn't answer the question why you get the message, but it should sort it out.

I hope this helps

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

SSL certificates are very cheap now, i would get a full certificate (not shared).

Ask the host how much they will do a full cert for, or get your own.

This doesn't answer the question why you get the message, but it should sort it out.

I hope this helps

Julian

Thanks Julian for the response.

The host admin tells me they only support shared certs at this time. It seems to me that shouldn't make any difference. However, the site is fourced to go to worldwidewebhostingserver.com as part of the url, I tried to work around that with ho luck. I hate to spend the clients money if it's not necessary or won't end up working.

Does the hex character string after 'osCid' identify the cert?

Thanks in advance,

John

The host admin tells me they only support shared certs at this time. It seems to me that shouldn't make any difference. However, the site is fourced to go to worldwidewebhostingserver.com as part of the url, I tried to work around that with ho luck. I hate to spend the clients money if it's not necessary or won't end up working.

Thanks in advance,

John

as a site developer, at least you would recognise a session_id if you saw one ?

Treasurer MFC

Thanks in advance,

John

The site seems to be using ssl for all the links even the ones that do not need it. If the hosting company cannot/willnot help you move to another server and get the site set up properly.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived