• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Sort Order

iukini

Hello,

As a returning newbie, I am now starting to get more familiar with OSC.

However, I have encountered a problem I havent seen before and after searching for help for the past 45min, I would like to make this post in hopes someone can provide me the directions how to achieve my objective below.

I am testing an OSC install. I have created 2 Categories that will be used. In the 2 Categories, I have their relevant products. In Category 1, there are 3 test products, in Category 2, there is 1 test product presently.

I have installed OSC before and found a "Sort Order" box in this area of adding/removing products. However, this install DOES NOT have this sort order box, therefore...all products are sorting Alphabetically as default designed.

My question is...How do I get this Sort Order box to appear in the Admin area?

Or, if there is a quick fix, in phpMyAdmin, is there a way to sort them manually when I have completed listing the products.

I thank you so very much in advance for any assistance you may provide!

Best wishes and a Happy New Year to all!!!!!!

Regards,

iukini

This is not a feature of the stock osCommerce. You may have been using a "loaded" version previously.

In any case, there are Contributions that will add this feature. I don't remember whjich one that I used, but this one looks like it will work.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived