• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

User permissions and sessions

toulstrup

Hi,

I've installed osCommerce, and started the configuration. I'm almost done with the different things to do, and ready to open the shop. But... I get two errors;

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /customers/birgittebaydesign.dk/birgittebaydesign.dk/httpd.www/shop/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

and:

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

When I try to CHMOD configure.php it keeps changing back to the original 755... What am I doing wrong ?

It runs on an apache server, and I should mention that I am a newbie to php, and all this....

About the session directory, how do I create this, so it will work.?

Any input would be gratly appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin, Denmark.

To get rid of the 'tmp' error message just change the last line of both configure.php files to read:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

This stores sessions in the database, which is a wise move anyway if you are on a shared server.

To reset the permissions on the file do it via FTP'ing to your site, right clicking on the file in question, following the structure until you come to CHMOD (Unix) and change the permission in this way.

As you are on an Apache server this should work.

Vger

• 2 weeks later...
To get rid of the 'tmp' error message just change the last line of both configure.php files to read:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

This stores sessions in the database, which is a wise move anyway if you are on a shared server.

To reset the permissions on the file do it via FTP'ing to your site, right clicking on the file in question, following the structure until you come to CHMOD (Unix) and change the permission in this way.

As you are on an Apache server this should work.

Vger

Thanks a million !

Martin

Archived