• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation successful but error messages

macgix

After installation I received this error messages:

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(/home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(/home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

If try to enter the admintool under the renamed directory (as adviced in the INSTALL document)<http://www.koelleontherocks.de/catalog/slips/> I receive this error message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/catalog/slips/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Thinking it relies on wrong permissions but I am not sure. I had made the configure.php files writeable before doing the installation using my FTP client.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

You need to delete the Install directory.

You will probably have to create a directory called 'backups' in your 'admin' folder.

The last error is to do with specifying the wrong Database User Name (or not supplying the password) in your slips/includes/configure.php file. Check what you have for your db entries in your other configure.php and match them up.

Vger

Hi Vger

I made it work somehow. Then I tested the database backup on my online web-server and it failed.

By now I am testing the installation on my Fedora Core 1 Linux Server and it seems to work.

But I have trouble with the SAFE MODE restriction on my Internet-Server when trying to backup the database. With my Fedora Box I have not!

Database Backup Manager 

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 56628 is not allowed to access /usr/bin/gzip owned by uid 0 in /home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/catalog/admin/backup.php on line 424

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 56628 is not allowed to access /usr/local/bin owned by uid 0 in /home/www/htdocs/koelleontherocks.de/catalog/admin/backup.php on line 425

Can I change the osCommerce setup or do I have to ask my provider to change its PHP setup?

Regards,

Thomas

Can I change the osCommerce setup or do I have to ask my provider to change its PHP setup?

If they are running their servers in Safe Mode you're not going to get them to change it.

When you mention your Fedora setup is this a local install or an online web server. If it's online then the answer is simple, backup the other site to the Fedora server. Most hosting control panels have a feature which allows you to run regular scheduled backups (of files or whole site backups), and usually you just have to specify the time, frequency, ftp address of the other site, user name and password, path to folder in FTP, plus your e-mail address. Then, whenever a backup is run you get an e-mail notice saying it was either successful (most times it will be) or unsuccessful (occasionally this will happen).

Vger

If they are running their servers in Safe Mode you're not going to get them to change it.

When you mention your Fedora setup is this a local install or an online web server.  If it's online then the answer is simple, backup the other site to the Fedora server.  Most hosting control panels have a feature which allows you to run regular scheduled backups (of files or whole site backups), and usually you just have to specify the time, frequency, ftp address of the other site, user name and password, path to folder in FTP, plus your e-mail address.  Then, whenever a backup is run you get an e-mail notice saying it was either successful (most times it will be) or unsuccessful (occasionally this will happen).

Vger

The Fedora Server is in my local intranet. Unfortunately my provider will not disable safe mode?

A workaround by backing up the whole osCommerce folder seems to be helpful, indeed.

But does anyone know if other features are broken with safe mode enabled too?

Regards,

Thomas

Hi Vger

I Found a workaround by myself. I outcommented the lines 424 and 425 in admin/backup.php like this and now the backup works:

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_draw_radio_field('compress', 'no', true) . ' ' . TEXT_INFO_USE_NO_COMPRESSION);
   //  if (file_exists(LOCAL_EXE_GZIP)) $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_draw_radio_field('compress', 'gzip') . ' ' . TEXT_INFO_USE_GZIP);
   //  if (file_exists(LOCAL_EXE_ZIP)) $contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_radio_field('compress', 'zip') . ' ' . TEXT_INFO_USE_ZIP);

Thanks 4 ur tips!

Thomas

Hi Vger

I Found a workaround by myself. I outcommented the lines 424 and 425 in admin/backup.php like this and now the backup works:

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_draw_radio_field('compress', 'no', true) . ' ' . TEXT_INFO_USE_NO_COMPRESSION);
   //  if (file_exists(LOCAL_EXE_GZIP)) $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_draw_radio_field('compress', 'gzip') . ' ' . TEXT_INFO_USE_GZIP);
   //  if (file_exists(LOCAL_EXE_ZIP)) $contents[] = array('text' => tep_draw_radio_field('compress', 'zip') . ' ' . TEXT_INFO_USE_ZIP);

Thanks 4 ur tips!

Thomas

By this, backing up the database worked but restoring did not.

After I added a folder named "uploads" to the "catalog" directory AND A SECOND ONE to the "admin" directory with (chmod 777 them!) I had success.

And now restoring the shop from a backup DID finally WORK!!!

Happy osCommercing,

Thomas

Archived