• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ftp installation

in the knowledge base it gives these 2 options what is the better way and w

wy? :D

If the catalog directory is kept and copied to, for example, /home/hpdl/public_html/catalog/, the web server public address would be http://www.my-server.com/catalog/.

If the osCommerce installation is to reside on the root path, for example http://www.my-server.com/, then the files within the catalog directory should be copied over and not the actual catalog directory itself.

does it make a difference

Two thoughts on this. If you have an existing website and wish to add OSC as and additional feature, you should install it to /catalog or /store or whatever you want to call it. If you don't have a website already, you can install it to the root directory of your website and when you have visitors they will go right into the index.php (main page) of your store.

Hope this helps.

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Two thoughts on this. If you have an existing website and wish to add OSC as and additional feature, you should install it to /catalog or /store or whatever you want to call it. If you don't have a website already, you can install it to the root directory of your website and when you have visitors they will go right into the index.php (main page) of your store.

Hope this helps.

Bob G.

thanxs bobg7 i have copied the catalog folder itself over is it best to leave it like this or open it up cut and paste into public_html folder then delete the catalog folder

this is all a personal preference, depending upon what you want your site to look like. many have a main site with lots of other info. others just want a store.

Archived