• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Your Critique is Requested

jcisar

Hello,

I am creating a website and seek your feedback.

Please be honest, for I will not take any criticism personally.

However, all criticism must be constructive, objective, and in my best interest.

This is a bumper sticker website, so take note that you may find some material offensive.

Click for my website:

My Website

Thanks

jcisar

:thumbsup:

Ok, sleep deprevation has taken its toll on me, but I think I can manage:

I am not sure how many are this way, but the Ted Kennedy sticker for example is regularly $4.49 and on sale for $4.49. :-"

The website design is not bad. At first I did not like it, but that is just me talking personal tastes. You can see that someone has put their time into it. I would possibly do something else to visually separate the two beige colors between header and body. Possibly a black horizontal as is lower down.

I would possibly consider placing a border on the left and right of the entire site as to provide again a bit of separation. Clean things up a bit I would speculate.

When I try to use your navigation menu at the top, I get secure/non-secure warnings. Might get a bit frustrating after the first few.

On the subject of those menus, any way you can clean the main images up a bit, they look stretched and fuzzy.

Something about that orange background color on the shopping pages makes me dizzy. Of course, it could be advanced stages of fatigue. It contrasts with all the colors in your bumper stickers. Maybe you should try a lighter color (light beige to keep with theme) and just test it out.

Best of luck to you!

Ruhl

I like it. It is very busy and I think that is good for what you are selling. When I click on thumnail the large image is not very large. You might wat to adjust your image size in admin. Besides that...I like it!

Ok, sleep deprevation has taken its toll on me, but I think I can manage:

I am not sure how many are this way, but the Ted Kennedy sticker for example is regularly $4.49 and on sale for $4.49.  :-"

The website design is not bad.  At first I did not like it, but that is just me talking personal tastes.  You can see that someone has put their time into it.  I would possibly do something else to visually separate the two beige colors between header and body.  Possibly a black horizontal as is lower down.

I would possibly consider placing a border on the left and right of the entire site as to provide again a bit of separation.  Clean things up a bit I would speculate.

When I try to use your navigation menu at the top, I get secure/non-secure warnings.  Might get a bit frustrating after the first few.

On the subject of those menus, any way you can clean the main images up a bit, they look stretched and fuzzy.

Something about that orange background color on the shopping pages makes me dizzy.  Of course, it could be advanced stages of fatigue.  It contrasts with all the colors in your bumper stickers.  Maybe you should try a lighter color (light beige to keep with theme) and just test it out.

Best of luck to you!

Ruhl

I will take your advice aout the separation of the two beige area.

I also do not like receiving the ""secure non-secure items" and may give the to some impression that the site is "not secure." I will seek advice on how to fix this.

Did anyone notice this, but I am having trouble with that navbar. I purchased a rollover menu creator from Xara.com. When veiwed in Netscape, the rollovers occur so far away from where they are supposed to that it becomes nearly impossible to use.

I will also test differecnt colors on my catalog background.

Thank for all your time!

jcisar

Archived