• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing layout

vertmonkee

I have removed column right and would like to know how to extend the new products box etc so the use the vacant space.

I have tried a few things but can not get anything to work.

Thanks

you have to take all this out or the column remains:

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

</table></td>

Treasurer MFC

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

</table></td>

That's 38 files in the root folder! LOL :lol:

If you have programs like Dreamweaver, you perform search and replace an entire folder semi-automatically!

If not, there's free trial!

If you have programs like Dreamweaver, you perform search and replace an entire folder semi-automatically!

If not, there's free trial!

Also dont forget if you want to completley remove column right then you will have to modify the files with write a review box, notify a friend, etc, or you will end with errors on the right side of your site.

I was going to remove column right until I thought of that!!

Jubba

It doesn't quite work like that. Also you can move any boxes to any part of the page as you wish.

One of the most important things when customising osCommerce is to pay attention to the structure of the table.

To under stand the structure of PHP, you'll have to pay attention to lines beginning with require and include functions.

To make things even easier, give STS a try.

I have removed the table that Alpha Ray said to do.

Great, everything has shifted so there is no longer that left over space on the right.

The only problem is that above column left there is text saying " valign="top>"

Any ideas why this has occured?

Archived