• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I allow USA and Canada customers only?

homewetbar

Hello,

I only want to ship to USA and Canada customers currently, how can I disable the other countries so I can stop getting people from other countries creating accounts?

Thanks!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Hello,

I only want to ship to USA and Canada customers currently, how can I disable the other countries so I can stop getting people from other countries creating accounts?

Thanks!

Remove the other countries from your site. You can do this from the osC admin (long way) or you can go to your database via phpmyadmin and recored the info from the two countries you want to keep then empty the table and add the two back in (much shorter way)

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Remove the other countries from your site. You can do this from the osC admin (long way) or you can go to your database via phpmyadmin and recored the info from the two countries you want to keep then empty the table and add the two back in  (much shorter way)

backup the table first,

run query:

delete from countries

where countries_id != 38 and countries_id != 223;

Treasurer MFC

I'll put my question in here. What if you just want to disable the other Countries for products that have to be shipped? But let them buy if it is a download product . :rolleyes:

Steve

I think you keep the countries but only add can and us to the shipping modules. But better check first.

Treasurer MFC

Archived