• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add new infobox to main page.....

Hello all,

After searching the forums and contribs section for hours ive finally given up, any one know how to add a new info box but not into colum left or right, instead on the main center page above 'whats new' info box?

If some one could just point out the files that would be great, many thanks.

-Colin

Thanks very much for the reply me old mate, I read through all the chapters on boxes found at the Knowledge Base and unfortunately it only mentioned adding a box to the left and right side of the store (colum_left and colum_right).

Any ideas how I can get the infobox showing on the main page just above the ?new products? infobox?

Help very much appreciated.

-Colin

Once you've set up a new info box, just take a look at the code for existing boxes in left and right columns, modify to your new box, and paste it below your main page text in includes/languages/english/index.php

Vger

Hello again and thanks for your help, i followed your instructions and think i missed some thing. I have outlined below....

1) Created new infobox in /includes/boxes called welcome.php (code for new info box shown below).

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => 'BOX_HEADING_WELCOME');

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => 'Test box');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

2) went into /includes/languages/english/index.php and ammended to the following with the new line of code as found in Colum_left.php -snap shown below

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'welcome.php'); //added

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

----------

Not to sure what i missed, if you could point it out to me that would be smashing.

Thanks again,

-Colin

The infobox is appearing right the way accross the top of the page above my store when i add it to both /catalog/index.php or /includes/languages/english/index.php, possibly this may be due to a center shop contribution, any ideas?

-Colin

Archived