• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

either the banner manager is confusing...

scottkenyon

i didn't think it should be this difficult. i created a banner, and placed it in the /catalog/images/banners folder named banner1.jpg.

in the banner manager, i used the optiion to point to the server side file, using the path: /catalog/images/banners/banner1.jpg.

it doesn't display. I thought I was exactly duplicating the oscommece example, (which I deleted...whoops), but, it just isnt that easy I guess.

i did also look intot eh knowledge base, and threefore tried using HTML to get me there, but, again, no luck. maybe becasue I'm not so familiar with .php code...

anyway, can someone please point out my problem?

thanks

scott kenyon

grandevolution

i didn't think it should be this difficult.  i created a banner, and placed it in the /catalog/images/banners folder named banner1.jpg.

in the banner manager, i used the optiion to point to the server side file, using the path: /catalog/images/banners/banner1.jpg.

it doesn't display.  I thought I was exactly duplicating the oscommece example, (which I deleted...whoops), but, it just isnt that easy I guess.

i did also look intot eh knowledge base, and threefore tried using HTML to get me there, but, again, no luck.  maybe becasue I'm not so familiar with .php code...

anyway, can someone please point out my problem?

thanks

What are you using for the group name? By default osC uses 468x50 so if you do not have that as your group name it will not show up. If you want to use a different group name than go to your includes/footer.php file and find the following code

<?php

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

?>

Change the 468x50 to group1 or whatever you want to use.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived