• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quote or Estimate System

SunnyWales

Hi All

I've searched the forum and KB for any information regarding a quoting system in OSC - without luck.

I'm assuming that this is for one of two reasons:

1 It's so simple that it doesn't need an explanation (except to people like me); or

2 It can't be done.

My thoughts at the moment are to show products with a price and then give options, such as size, number etc. However, would I need to change some coding somewhere to include an email me button?

I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Wendy :huh:

Wendy

Go on spread some sunshine!

Have you also searched the Contributions section? I think I have seen a few that may help you out there.

Good luck.

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Thank - I've checked there too. Problems is where i use different words to those used by others. I searched for quotes and estimated but couldn't think of anything else. I did think I could look at the coding for the Hide Price contribution and add a new button for email me.

Thanks again.

Wendy

Wendy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wendy, I am also in need of something like this. I think that it should be do able however its a bit beyond me.

Hi All

I've searched the forum and KB for any information regarding a quoting system in OSC - without luck.

I'm assuming that this is for one of two reasons:

1 It's so simple that it doesn't need an explanation (except to people like me); or

2 It can't be done.

My thoughts at the moment are to show products with a price and then give options, such as size, number etc.  However, would I need to change some coding somewhere to include an email me button?

I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Wendy :huh:

this is what I want to happen

in product info;

input sizes in cm, search products attributes values for the closest match. and then display the input value on the shopping cart, while also displaying the conbined option value price as the product price

( if width = 84 cm and there is an option value of width = 80 and one of width = 90, get the option value price of the greater value-90)

i.e.

product info input:

width = 84 cm and drop = 102 cm

shopping cart output:

display selected options

width = 84

drop = 102

get option value hidden(width = 90 and drop = 120) from the options value table and display the combined option value price as the product price

I have looked all over the forum and in the contributions for something that I could modify, but whith no luck

I was hoping that you dive in, as I have been looking at yours and berts post, and the two of you seem to be the best people to talk too as fare as somthing like this.

I think that wendy wants the same sort of thing that I want

product info input:

width = 84 cm and drop = 102 cm

shopping cart output:

display selected options

width = 84

drop = 102

get option value hidden(width = 90 and drop = 120) from the options value table and display the combined option value price as the product price

I could post the whole senario if yo want

ps. this would be my senario

input sizes in cm, search products attributes values for the closest match. and then display the input value on the shopping cart, while also displaying the conbined option value price as the product price

( if width = 84 cm and there is an option value of width = 80 and one of width = 90, get the option value price of the greater value-90)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all - thanks for the replies.

I've been away for a little while because I decided to make some changes to the website. The quote system is far from perfect, but it will have to do for now.

I looked at the contributions you suggested but they are not quite right.

If you fancy having a look my shop is URL=http://www.spreadalittlesunshine.co.uk]here[/url]

Speak soon

Wendy

Wendy

Archived