• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

arrow_right.gif

FixItPete

Ok, So I went in and tried to change the file in the images... dir with another one. Did the change, shows on the server. I went to look at the page and the old pic still shows. I deleted all temp files via IE, I pressed ctrl-refresh, nothing.

So then I went in and simply DELETED the file, and it still shows.

I feel like a dummy, but what did I miss?

Thanks,

Pete

(Also, the right curve corner shows the new one I did, but THEN replaces it with the original @ the end of the page load. Don't know if that is related... but thought I'd try and kill two birds with one stone.) ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

I find the fun in everything.

After you deleted your temp files, did yu close your browser? I make it a habit of doing that as I notice the same problem sometimes. Usually if I delete my temp files and then close and reopen the browser, all is good.

haha i've had this exact same problem.... I fixed it in the end but I don't know exactly WHAT i did.....

try making sure you upload the images in BINARY mode only?

I've not only closed the browser, but I went to a friends house and looked at it from there! -- same problem!!!

I'm going to try the binary idea now... but I think that isn't going help... but if it does, I'll buy you beer. LOL.

Pete

Hey, is it possible that they are located elsewhere? Not that it should matter, they come up in that dir when I do a "Properties" check.

I'm going to go pull my hair out now.

Ok, None of that worked! I literally have DELETED all FOUR files from the dir. The same path as in the image properties box.

So... there has to be a cache on the server or something? I have no idea. This is simply NOT normal. Can somebody try replacing their arrow file in the images/inforbox dir and let me know if it works or not? I mean, come on, this is just silly!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Archived