• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP5 - Is This Right?

gillweb

To make OSC compatible with PHP5 all I am finding is to do this:

Comment out the $this on line 31 of upload.php.

Is this all that has to be done or am I missing the big picture? Any help would be appreciated since my host is upgrading with in the next week! :'(

<? Hello There! ?>

Well thats what most of the posts are saying is to either comment out that line or change it to Unset($this) or just ot Rename it ... Well I guess it's trial and error since it's not officially compatible ;)

<? Hello There! ?>

PHP5  :D

Matti

That link no longer works and I'm trying to find some info to run osCommerce under php5. That is 2 hits now from searching for php5 that have gone nowhere. Someone else said "search for php5", and I am doing that to get here, but still no luck in determining what I need to do to run osCommerce under php5... assuming it is possible at all.

I can't even get past the 2nd install page, it just returns to the first page (the first install page at least goes to the 2nd install page so something is working okay).

If you can't get past the 2nd install page, then it's nothing to do with php5. The error you get with php5 only applies to trying to access the 'admin' folder post-install. To correct that all you have to do is to go to admin/includes/classes/upload.php and change $this on line 31 to //$this, and everything works fine.

It sounds more likely that the server is either running with php in Safe Mode, or with Register Globals set to 'Off' in php.ini. If this is a site on a shared server then there is a patch available to allow osCommerce to work without Register Globals set to 'On', but if the server is running with php in Safe Mode I think you are pretty much out of luck.

The reason $this doesn't work with php5 is that $this is a reserved name in php5.

Vger

Archived