• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Ship From Locations For Each Product

Hello

I am new to osCommerce, but I have been doing a lot of reading and looking through current contributions for something that could possibly fit my solution but to no avail.

My problem is that I have six warehouses that I ship from all across the continental United States, and I have a large item inventory. Sometimes I have an item available in a couple of warehouses but not in another. Then if a customer purchases an item from one of the other warehouses, it will cost me more money to ship to them because of the multiple shipments from multiple warehouses.

I would like to see a solution that could keep track of the inventory of each item for each one of my warehouses, and give the customer the opportunity to select the quantity desired from each warehouse that they wish. That way, there would be no surprises when the shipping total is calculated. An advanced version of this module could possibly automatically highlight the warehouse that is closest to a customer based on their address for faster shipping, but the barebones version would work great for me.

Is there any way to do this within osCommerce or with any existing contributions that you know of?

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

This is still a work in progress but take a look at this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101973

If you ship from your warehouses with each having an inventory each warehouse can be a "vendor"

Don't know if you meant having you inventory calculated between warehouses for a specific product. Don't know how that will be possible. Unless there is a contibution for muliple inventory location.

Is this what you mean....

Say for one product warehouse A has 20 warehouse B is out of it but the product is for shipping under warehouse B.. But since it is out will be shipped from A?????????

Looks like we need a vendor inventory that can have the same products assigned to diff inventory. Seach the contributions "vendor" "multi" or "inventory"

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )

Thank you very much for the reply! That is probably what I am going to have to look at. I'm not nieve enough to expect a contribution out there that will fit my perfect needs, but that looks like something that I could hack around and fit to my design.

Is this what you mean....

Say for one product warehouse A has 20 warehouse B is out of it but the product is for shipping under warehouse B.. But since it is out will be shipped from A?????????

That is kind of what I mean. Every product in my inventory has multiple warehouses that it could ship out of. I would like to display the quantity available in each warehouse to the customer and allow them to choose which warehouse to ship from and the quantity desired.

The contribution you showed me looks promising. I have some Visual Basic .NET experience, so maybe I could help out somehow. VB and PHP are both higher level scripting languages, and looking at some PHP tutorials it looks like I could pick it up pretty fast. I'll buy a few books this weekend and get started.

That is kind of what I mean.  Every product in my inventory has multiple warehouses that it could ship out of.  I would like to display the quantity available in each warehouse to the customer and allow them to choose which warehouse to ship from and the quantity desired. 

Yes I think that shipping contribution would work for you with a slight modification. If your warehouses are the vendors (and only your warehouses, it would get more complex if you actually added vendors/distributors/wholesaler) and if the product is assigned to different vendors I am sure a small modification can be made to show the customer these vendors(warehouses) and have them choose.

I guess we all have see what we get when the contribution is complete and you can go from there.

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )