• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Update 2.2 CVS to 2.2 MS2

RikR

I have a store running with osC 2.2 CVS. I have installed osC 2.2 MS2 in a new directory and it seems to be working fine with the demo database.

I want, if possible , to move my old database to the new version's database.

I have placed the update.php and the mysql.php files that were in the Extras folder into the directory the new version is in.

When I run update.php I get an error:

Warning: main(../mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXX/XXX/catalog/update.php on line 3

Warning: main(../mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/xxx/catalog/update.php on line 3

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/xxx/catalog/update.php on line 3

Select an SQL file to install.

The db is MySQL version 4.0.22-standard

1. should I be using these files at all?

2. how do I move my data?

I have read messages here about upgrading and I have read the Knowledge Base, I can't reconcile the difference in some of the instructions.

Thanks

Rik Rasmussen

The Knowledge Base article on updating says:

"Then copy the old database over to the new database in phpmyadmin.

"

How is this done. I do not see a copy function. I have exported my old database and saved the file on my computer. However, I am unable to import this to the new database.

Rik Rasmussen

Being a newbie to OsCommerce it just occurred to me that osc2.2 CVS might be "newer" than 2.2 ms2.

Which is "newer"? I don't want "upgrade" from newer to older version.

Rik Rasmussen

Not knowing any better, I did the install from the cPanel of my host. It installed the CVS version. Now I have downloaded and installled Milestone 2 and it is working fine.

What I need now is a little help on how to copy my data from the CVS data base to the MS2 database.

I believe I will have to make changes in the php files manually like I did on the CVS version.

But, I believe there must be a way to copy data from the CVS database to the MS2 database. I have not been able to do it yet. I am trying to use myPHPadmin to copy and insert, but not having any success.

Thanks for you comments,

Rik Rasmussen

I agree with John, you shouldn't use CVS in a production server. Hundreds of things could go wrong. Some faults maybe obvious, other serious faults can be well hidden. Check out the workboard. :D

You are preaching to the choir now. The whole point of this topic is my attempt to get off CVS and move to MS2.

The decision is made. I don't need recommendations to do what I am already trying to do.

What I need is a little push in the right direction on getting my data copied from the old databse to the new database.

Like I said above, I have installed MS2, left the CVS in place, and I need to copy my data.

Rik Rasmussen

OK, I think I have it.

I am exporting the tables one at a time as .csv files, and then importing the next file into the new database table after first emptying it.

Should be done in a few minutes.

Probably seems like cave man stuff to some of you, but has been an interesting learning experience for me.

Rik Rasmussen

In case any other newbies might see this litany of my ignorance let me mention something I have learned.

The Milestone 2 version has some differences in some of the tables compared to the CVS version I am moving from.

So, I am comparing the table data in Excel and copying and pasting the rows that match and leaving the default data in the other rows, then import the newly edited table back into the MS2's database.

So far so good, but it is a little more than just importing the table data from the old database.

By the time I get this done, at least I will be more familiar with osC, mysql, and phpMyadmin.

Rik Rasmussen

Archived