• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Solution to hide prices?

Does anyone have a solution to hide prices from "guest" users?

I am setting up a B2B only website and only want to have authorized customers be able to see product prices.

I did try the "loginviewprice" contribution; however, I found that it is not compatable with oscommerce-2.2ms2.

Does anyone have a solution to hide prices from "guest" users?

I am setting up a B2B only website and only want to have authorized customers be able to see product prices.

I did try the "loginviewprice" contribution; however, I found that it is not compatable with oscommerce-2.2ms2.

you could hack the currencies->display_price function to return nothing when the customer_id is not registered i.e. he is not logged on.

Treasurer MFC

This is to the end of catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php:

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
     return "Login For Price";
   } else {      
     return $this->format(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $quantity);
     }
   }
 }
?>

Matti

• 1 month later...

This works great but I have found that it will still show the price in the shopping cart even if not logged in. I was thinking that a way to fix this would be to disable the shopping cart to non logged in customers. I know it would be a mod to the shopping_cart.php but I just can't seem to get it right. :o

Any Ideas???

~Steel