• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review my video game store.

scorpio33

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a good holliday.

Please review my Video Game Website. I have a little HTML knowledge which i used along with a few contributions and instructions from this forum to get my site to where it is at the moment.

I know it's the standard OS layout, but i am getting sales so i don't think that my customers have a problem with the way the store looks. I will change the layout in the future when i gain more knowledge.

I also need another means of receiving payment besides Paypal.(Working on it)

Contributions i used and know that they work.

1. Meta Tag Controller

2. Additional Shipping Options for Zone Module. (Add more Zones)

3. Used a small script to make sure that i get the same E-Mail that my customer gets.

All advice welcome

Thanks in advance.

My Website

http://www.gamesrealcheap.com

• 2 weeks later...

I like the site. As you mention is it obviously OS, but if you're getting custom then it doesn't matter. We need to keep our customers happy!

Anyway, I have two comments. The first about the colour. I think the bright blue is a bit - well - bright! But then again, it's the customers that count.

Also, I personally don't like capital letters. I don't find them very easy to read. I know that's my preference, but I know from experience that most adults (including teenagers) read by the shape of the word which is hard to do if you're reading capitals.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck with the store.

Wendy

Wendy

Go on spread some sunshine!

Hiya

I've just realised that your pictures are being stretched. This can be fixed by amending the images in configuration. If you use the following this should correct the stretching:

Small Image Width (leave blank)

Small Image Height 100 (or whatever)

Heading Image Width (leave blank)

Heading Image Height 40 (or whatever)

Subcategory Image Width (leave blank)

Subcategory Image Height 100 (or whatever)

Calculate Image Size true

Image Required true

I hope this helps.

Wendy

Wendy

Hiya

I've just realised that your pictures are being stretched.  This can be fixed by amending the images in configuration.  If you use the following this should correct the stretching:

Small Image Width    (leave blank)

Small Image Height 100  (or whatever)

Heading Image Width    (leave blank)

Heading Image Height 40  (or whatever)

Subcategory Image Width    (leave blank)

Subcategory Image Height 100  (or whatever)

Calculate Image Size true 

Image Required true 

I hope this helps.

Wendy

Hi,

Thanks for looking at my website,

Even more so, thanks for actually leaving a comment. It seems to me that a lot of the big dogs that visit or run this Forum don't have any time for anyone with a standard OS site. I am thinking that they are forgetting that when they started they didn't know jack either. Then again, some people tend to forget where they came from once they reach where they are going.

I think the color is just a matter of preference.

Thanks for the tip about the images. I will check on that right now. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Thanks for looking at my website,

Even more so, thanks for actually leaving a comment. It seems to me that a lot of the big dogs that visit or run this Forum don't have any time for anyone with a standard OS site. I am thinking that they are forgetting that when they started they didn't know jack either. Then again, some people tend to forget where they came from once they reach where they are going.

I think the color is just a matter of preference.

Thanks for the tip about the images. I will check on that right now. :thumbsup:

What you say about the Text make sense too. Although it would thake me quite a while to rewrite all my Titles.

Hiya Ricky

I understand your feelings about the oldies. We were all newbies once!

There are some really nice people on here which take the time to comment, but I get the feeling that basic sites are seen as old hat. I'm pretty impressed with myself (as I'm sure you are). I knew absolutely nothing about html when I started this (let alone php). To get feedback from prospective customers, I've found some forums which my customers are likely to look at and asked them to give comments. I even offer money off for people who are interested (and the forum allows this).

I have a very basic site, but I'm getting good feedback. Lots of nice comments about the site itself, the products and the services.

Best of luck with your store.

Wendy

Wendy

Archived