• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP Upgrade done by my hosting company

louis1st

Hi

I have noted that i am now getting the following error message on my site:

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/site245/web/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 21

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='/usr/local/include/php:/home/sites/sales.d9i.com/web/whois') in /home/sites/site245/web/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 21

I have queried this with my hosting company, and they told me what follows:

Following our recent upgrade of PHP you need to specify the dirctory

location of included files, if the file using full file system paths.

I would like to know more precisely what to change, which file is concerned, everything else you think I will need to know to sort this.

many thanks

check the root to your site hasn't changed with the upgrade. Look in your Admin under tools and server info, you should be able to see the full path to your site under DOCUMENT_ROOT check this matches with the root specified in your configure.php

Julian

also: What is line 21 of your application top looking for?

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Despite what they say, it may not necessarily mean that they have actually upgraded the version of PHP itself. Hosting companies have the option of setting sites to work in Low, Medium, or High Security mode. In Low or Medium Security mode your files are accessed via this sort of absolute path (which you may have in your configure.php files)

/home/sites/site245/web/shop/

If they have changed it to High Security then this other pathway mentioned may now be your absolute path

'/usr/local/include/php:/home/sites/sales.d9i.com/web/shop/'

Ask them what they actually mean by this

"Following our recent upgrade of PHP you need to specify the dirctory

location of included files, if the file using full file system paths."

At first site it does not make a lot of sense. At the very least they should be able to tell you what the new pathway is that replaces this path

/home/sites/site245/web/shop/

You should also, when you are able, go to your osCommerce 'admin' control panel, click on Tools, then Server Info, and find out what version of PHP they are using. If it is less than 4.3.10 then find a new hosting company.

Vger

Archived