• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 simple question?

mancool

Quick answer to both questions, DO NOT USE THE EDITOR IN ADMIN.

If you have a copy on your PC, edit it with your favorite editor like notepad and ftp the file up to your server. If you don't have a copy on your PC, ftp it to your PC, edit it and ftp it back

As far as I know all files in OSC, not including images, can be edited with notepad.

Again, DO NOT USE THE EDITOR IN ADMIN.

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Thanks! I will remember "DO NOT USE THE EDITOR IN ADMIN"!!

However, How can I change theme template by myself??

Quick answer to both questions, DO NOT USE THE EDITOR IN ADMIN.

If you have a copy on your PC, edit it with your favorite editor like notepad and ftp the file up to your server. If you don't have a copy on your PC, ftp it to your PC, edit it and ftp it back

As far as I know all files in OSC, not including images, can be edited with notepad.

Again, DO NOT USE THE EDITOR IN ADMIN.

Bob G.

The basic OSC shop does not use a template. There are two template packages (BTS and STS). Otherwise, you need to edit the individual files yourself to change the appeanace of your shop. Editing the stylesheet.css file will allow you to change some of the appearance but to move things around will require code changes.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I used sts and liked it, but you can get it done in the files as long as you're careful and you back up your work first.

Work with stylesheet.css, index.php, includes/column_left, includes/column_right, includes/footer etc.

Definitely get a good FTP program. I like FileZilla. It is quick, accurate and free. I edit in Dreamweaver and notepad. Dreamweaver is nice to see the layout but most of the php files don't look like much. Its a whole different world compared to html coding!

Good Luck!

1. Use Notepad: An effective low-tech solution and everyone's favourite!  :thumbsup:  If you need something more advance, try Zend studio (quite expensive though).  There are countless php editors on the net, so suck it and see.

2. You can find BTS and STS + addons here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions/category,8 .

Let me check it out, Thx alot~~~ ;)

Archived