• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have no idea how to do this!

Patriarch K

I want to use the osCommerse script on a server. The problem is that i have big problems with creating a server.

I have downloaded apache 1.3 and 2.0 but noone of them works. Please, can someone give me a step to step guide how to do this, and then how to use osCommerce with the server?

First, tell me how to do with Apache, i don't think i did anything wrong, but it doesnt work. I get a messege that "something is already in use" when i create the server.

Well, please help me with this. If you wish you can add me on msn messenger:

[email protected]

i would appreciate that!

hey patrick, relax, have you tryed easy php?

you can downlaod the whole thing in www.easyphp.org and if you want to run oscommerce make sure you change the register_globals_ =on and reboot the machine

let me know

j

also if you are running windows make sure that the iis is off

if it is 2000 go to conotrol panel / administrative tools/services find something like IIS and stop teh service and set it up so you have to start it manually

(that can be the cause of your "..somethjing in use")

As noted installing easyphp is an very easy way to get osC running on your local computer. You can find a very good set of install instructions Here

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Okay, here's a new problem.

I'm configuring my PHP right now and im going to do something with Email.

Email Settings

On or near line 536 you'll find a setting for 'SMTP' which is used by PHP mail functions to determine your outgoing mail server. By default this is set to 'localhost', however unless you are running your own mail server (unlikely), then you need to change this to be the same as your ISP's SMTP server.

To get your ISP's outgoing mail server you can either call them, or check your email settings (as long as you don't use web based email). Often times, it is 'mail.ispname.com'.

Note: If you are connected to the internet via a modem, you need to be online before PHP can send your email.

Recommend changing it to:

SMTP = mail.yourisp.com

Below the SMTP server setting, there is an option called 'sendmail_from', and it is important to place a real email address there or your script's email may be refused.

Recommend changing it to:

sendmail_from = your@real_email_address.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The question is, shall i write your@real_email_address.com or shall i write my email ([email protected])?

And with the mail.yourisp.com, shall i write something else there?

Now you have your server running you can install any number of osCommerce sites locally. If you want to change the name 'root' then you'll have to go right through your php.ini file (many entries), usually in C:\windows and change all references to root. Also check my.ini (for mysql - also usually in c:\windows).

the name 'localhost' I would not recommend you mess with. However, your computer also has a name, and you can use this too e.g. http://mycomputer/oscommerce

Vger

Archived