• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Adam, So far the best way I could come up with dealing wit the Invoice number was to create another Field in my configuration for Pre Order Number (I think there may be a contribution for this) ANd then I added this prefix in front of everyplace that calls the number (Both QB and OSC) . This does invlolve some hacking but atleast now An on-line order has: Web-0001 so it is easier to remember to remove the first web on the next off-line order in QB : 0001. Doing it this way there is duplicate numbers but alteast not exactly the same...

It sitll requires some manuall work but was they way I cam up with for my clients who do not use gateway and a slaes recp't was not an option.

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

hey adaM, I AM LOVING THIS CONTRIB. but one question.

i just installed this and i need to retrive all my previous orders from day 1 so i can import them into QB however wheni click on "Recreate IFF from all prior orders" it times out after like 1 minute. i got about 6k orders to retrieve.

thanks

i just installed this and i need to retrive all my previous orders from day 1 so i can import them into QB however wheni? click on "Recreate IFF from all prior orders" it times out after like 1 minute. i got about 6k orders to retrieve. Also.. How do you Mark Paid on the invoices?

Is there a way to show the description of the item code? I imported my products already

help.jpg

Edited by superman123

Hi Adam,

great work you did!!

a few months ago i coded some functionalities to an older quickbooks contribution.

i see that your customers only imported from the registered customers table.

i did add functionality for shopowners using "purchase without account"

maybe you have a look for this old contrib to use for your work:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2191

its all in the sourcecode. all settings are only possible in the code..maybe you could use my functions for your files with some checkboxes for users using" purchase without account" and users with different languages. i added some german files too..

but its too long ago.. i can?t remember the whole changes... you should see it yourself..

greetings from Germany

Ronald

WAR is not the answer!

Hello Everyone,

I want to wish everyone a healthy and a happy 2005 for all of you.

I have a question and a small problem with Quickbooks IIF Import w Tax Option I have followed the steps on the "install instructions" but when sales are created I get no file generated. My questions are as follows

1-On the qb_iif_sale.php if have this path

$myfile = "/homepages/28/d116176931/htdocs/catalog/qb_sale/qb_sales.iif"; ist his correct for a unix box or does it have to be the relative path?

2- The installation instructions says that its for MS2.2 and thats what I have but on the first step it tell you to modify the "1) In catalog/application_top.php" and that does not exist, it exists for me in catalog/includes/application_top.php. Was that a typo?

3- Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Adam,  So far the best way I could come up with dealing wit the Invoice number was to create another Field in my configuration for Pre Order Number

That's a good idea. Actually, I was already planning to add pre and post order number settings in the config options!

Thanks,

Adam

i just installed this and i need to retrive all my previous orders from day 1 so i can import them into QB however wheni  click on "Recreate IFF from all prior orders" it times out after like 1 minute. i got about 6k orders to retrieve.

QBI creates the iif file, then adds data to it as it goes through the orders. Then the file is uploaded. Please tell me exactly what kind of error message you get when you say it "times out." This will help me to figure out what the problem is.

Also.. How do you Mark Paid on the invoices?

QBI does not mark invoices as paid. If you choose the option "Include payment with Invoices," then QBI imports the payment, but QB is not smart enough to mark which invoices are paid. So, you need to go to the "Receive Payments" window in QB, go backwards through the payments you just downloaded, and put a check mark next to each paid Invoice. Then the Invoices will show as paid.

A better way is to select "Use Sales Orders for paid orders" in QBI. This will create a Sales Order instead of an Invoice, import the payment, and automatically mark it as paid, since all Sales Orders have to be paid. This is much simpler, as you don't have to do the extra steps.

Check / money orders will always import as Invoices.

If you don't use an online payment gateway, then they can't be marked as paid (because they aren't) until you process the credit card in QB or otherwise enter the payment in QB.

Is there a way to show the description of the item code? I imported my products already

The description should be importing. I will check this.

Thanks,

Adam

i did add functionality for shopowners using "purchase without account"

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add "Purchase without account" to my fix/wish list, but now it is 3 pages long, so I think this will have lower priority.

i added some german files too..

Someone else did a German language translation, but hasn't sent me the files yet. I'd love to get them -- please send me your translation to my email (included in the QBI instructions document).

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by adam5532

Hello Everyone,

I want to wish everyone a healthy and a happy 2005 for all of you.

I have a question and a small problem with Quickbooks IIF Import w Tax Option

Hi,

This topic is for discussion of the new contribution "QBI Quickbooks Import." You might try it out instead of using the older one. Support for Quickbooks IIF Import w Tax Options is at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=33657

Thanks,

Adam

Hi,

This topic is for discussion of the new contribution "QBI Quickbooks Import." You might try it out instead of using the older one. Support for Quickbooks IIF Import w Tax Options is at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=33657

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks Adam5532,

I had trouble finding it and thought this was the one.

Hi Adam,

I am still a little confused.. My question earlier was:

I record all sales paid for with a credit card as a sales receipt/not an invoice and our osC order numbers are not in sync with our Sale No. as we use QB to record all sales (not just on osC). Is their anyway for the import to find the next available sales receipt number?

Your response:

I suspect that QB's behaviour is a bug, but in this case it looks like it will do exactly what you want.

For sales receipts, they will always be sequencially numbered, whether done offline in QB or imported from the iif.

But since the Sales Reciept number doesn't match the Order number in osC, I've made QBI add the order number a a comment line on the invoice, so you know what osC order it goes with.

Thanks,

Adam

Right now I am manually entering all the sales data from osC into QB so when I open sales receipts it automatically brings me to the newest (next available) sales receipt .. What about this? Could I somehow tell your import tool what sales receipt number to use when it creates the IIF file?

Have you heard of a company called BigRedConsulting?

They offer an excel plug-in tool that allows me to download sales from PayPal and import via IIF into QB.. It's very basic and doesn't handle multiple items that are paid for together well but they offer a free trial so you might want to check it out.. Once you have the tool/plug in installed, you open a blank document in excel, click import from PayPal and you see a small interface that allows you to update your QB lists but also lets you enter the Sales Receipt number..

Please let me know if this makes sense of if you need any clarification..

Thanks..

QBI creates the iif file, then adds data to it as it goes through the orders. Then the file is uploaded. Please tell me exactly what kind of error message you get when you say it "times out." This will help me to figure out what the problem is.

i dont' get any kind of message.. but after like. 2 minutes or so afte ri press the prior order button. .. the browser just goes "page cannot be displayed" cuz its been too long i guess.

Edited by superman123

i dont' get any kind of message.. but after like. 2 minutes or so afteri press the "recreat from all prior orders" button. .. the browser just goes "page cannot be displayed" cuz its been too long i guess.

Also.. if i changed the settings of QBI and i reimport all the invoices again or if i changed anything about the products (like model number or name).. will the old invoices change too or just the orders after it.

.. What about this? Could I somehow tell your import tool what sales receipt number to use when it creates the IIF file?

I've found what may be a reasonable solution to the Invoice and Sales Receipt numbering issues:

Invoices: If I leave DOCNUM empty, QB will leave the Invoice number blank and will not change its autonumbering sequence and offline orders will pick up the next offline Invoice number available.

The osC order number can be imported as "PO Number," so your invoices will have the osC number, just not as the Invoice number. You can change "PO Number" in the QB Template to read "Web Order Number" or similar on your Invoices. In Advanced Find, you can search for a web order by searching on "PO Number."

Sales Orders: QB ignores DOCNUM and always sequencially numbers the sales orders, whether they are offline orders or imported with QBI. There does not seem to be any way for me to set the Sales Order number in the iif file. If I put the osC order number in the PONUM field, it will show up as "Check Number" (rather illogical, but that's what it does!) on the Sales Order. In the QB template, you can change "Check Number" to read "Web Order Number." In Advanced Find, you can search for a web order by searching on "PO Number."

In version 1.1, I will make a configuration option to leave Invoice number blank and put the osC number as PO Number. Those who only do online sales may prefer to keep importing the osC number as the Invoice number. I will also have options to add a prefix and suffix to the order number. I will also have an option for Sales Orders to import the osC order number as PO Number (Check Number).

Have you heard of a company called BigRedConsulting?

Yes, I've downloaded their trial. It will help in figuring out the tax format for international versions.

Thanks,

Adam

i dont' get any kind of message.. but after like. 2 minutes or so afteri press the "recreat from all prior orders" button. .. the browser just goes "page cannot be displayed" cuz its been too long i guess.

The browser has gotten tired waiting for the page to be displayed because there are so many records. I will work on solutions to this, but not for version 1.1.

You might see if this free tool will help:

http://www.dirfile.com/ie_timeout_tuner.htm

There are also apparently settings on the server that may affect this, but you may not have access to them.

In the meantime, the iif file should actually be created properly, even though the browser times out before it is done.. Use an ftp program or your web design program, and see if you can go to the qbi_output directory and download the file using ftp.

Also.. if i changed the settings of QBI and i reimport all the invoices again or if i changed anything about the products (like model number or name).. will the old invoices change too or just the orders after it.

QBI always creates a new file every time you download, so any changes in QBI will be reflected in the file.

Changes to osC product names will be reflected in all orders for QBI but not in previous orders when displayed in osC. Renaming product attributes in osC and then reimporting old invoices is problematic if you have matched products with attributes because osC only stores these as text for each order and there is no unique reference ID stored (I have issues here with osC's database design).

Thanks,

Adam

i duno if i'm doing anything wrong.. but when i checked "Use Sales Receipts for paid orders" and "Import payments with invoice:" so that the invoices get marked paid wutever.. i d/l my orders but nothing is in the payments section nor the sales receip.. it still shows up as an invoice w/ outstanding balances. am i doing something wrong?

Edited by superman123

Hi

Thanks for this great contribution. I want to install quickbooks from scratch and import all my oSc products to it, but the only ones that I can manage to export from osc are the ones with atributtes. Is there a way to export all products? What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for this great contribution. I want to install quickbooks from scratch and import all my oSc products to it, but the only ones that I can manage to export from osc are the ones with atributtes. Is there a way to export all products? What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks

You are using "Utilities" "Create iif file from all osC products?"

I just tested it with my store and it is working properly, exporting all products (with or without attributes) and their descriptions.

Open the iif file in Excel and see if the other products are missing from the iif, or just don't show up in Quickbooks. This will help in troubleshooting.

Also, which version of QBI did you download (it will say 1.00 in the config screen for both versions 1.00 and 1.01 -- this has been corrected)? And what version of QB are you using?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Adam

i duno if i'm doing anything wrong.. but when i checked "Use Sales Receipts for paid orders" and "Import payments with invoice:" so that the invoices get marked paid wutever.. i d/l my orders but nothing is in the payments section nor the sales receip.. it still shows up as an invoice w/ outstanding balances. am i doing something wrong?

Open the iif file in Excel, and tell me what is listed under TERMS and PAYMETH. If it does not say "Credit Card" QBI will not recognize it as paid. Also. what payment modules are you using in osC?

Thanks,

Adam

hi,

i have translate as to german but I have any small problems to Import as QB2005 german version, the problems is with german VAT, here you can download it:

export_from_qb2005.rar

adam look at this I have Export product.iif, customer.iif and VAT.iff for german version QB2005 and included the translat files for german but that is no finished when the hack functioned I make it finish the translate, please you must first help me.

Best you

Open the iif file in Excel, and tell me what is listed under TERMS and PAYMETH. If it does not say "Credit Card" QBI will not recognize it as paid. Also. what payment modules are you using in osC?

Thanks,

Adam

"Method not set"

I use Authorize.net consolidated w/ Curl Fix. (Which accepts CVV #'s) but i dun think that makes a diff.

hi,

i have translate as to german but I have any small problems to Import as QB2005 german version, the problems is with german VAT, here you can download it:

Thanks for the files and the translation! I will be working on the previously listed improvements for version 1.1. I will probably add support for German, UK, Canadian, and Australian versions in 1.2

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks,

Adam

This brings up an interesting question. Currently, we do not use a gateway, but process our credit cards through quickbooks, like many others. No problem, the invoices come in as they should, just bring in the card number and it works great.

We also accept paypal, which is normally a paid transaction when it is imported. Actually, this is a question... would a paypal order, that is still in a processing state, such as waiting for an e-check to clear, get exported? Is there a minimum order status before an order is exported?

What I was really wondering though, is it possible to bring paypal orders in as paid, and credit card orders as not paid? This is actually a request for future work, I realize it's not there yet.

I'd be willing to take a quick look at adding this, if your not already working on it. I'm assuming it would be similar to the credit card payment code, just with a different payment method and verifying the order status is above a certain state.....

Dan

Dan Stevens

Hi I'm looking at integrating an existing OSC site with quickbooks, this contribution looks great a few questions:

I keep seeing QBI and iif mentioned here, maybe a daft question but what is QBI and iif?

Is there a new version coming out soon, should I wait for that to be released?

If i understand correctly, if this contribution is set up correctly and osc and quickbooks are properly set up, then this will allow OSC to handle all front end ordering and Quickbooks will do all the backend invoicing, stock control, etc.

If i update stock in Quickbooks will the stock in OSC get updated too? If I add/Delete products in quickbooks will OSC get updated also?

Credit card processing is done via LinkPoint does quickbooks intergrate with this? or does osc pass all payment info to quickbooks?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm basically trying to figure out if Quickbooks will become a OneStop Admin area to handle everything regarding stock/invoicing/payments etc for the store?

What I was really wondering though, is it possible to bring paypal orders in as paid, and credit card orders as not paid?  This is actually a request for future work, I realize it's not there yet.

Dan,

Open an order in osC and tell me what it says under "Payment Method" for PayPal orders, in all the languages you have in your store.

Credit card orders should say Credit Card.

Then I can do what you request.

Thanks,

Adam