primadude Posted November 16, 2005 Share Posted November 16, 2005 Joe, First, make sure you have already done Set Up: Shipping and Match: Shipping. Then, using phpMyAdmin or similar, look your db tables. Go to the table ot_total, and find an order that is having a problem. Find the line where the field "class" says "ot_shipping". Then, go to the field "title" for that row. It will say something like, "United Parcel Service (1 x 0.84lbs) (Ground):" Do the same for one of your flat rate orders. Now, go to the tale qbi_shiposc. Find the line for the shipping method you are revising. Look at qbi_shiposc_car_text and qbi_shiposc_serv_text. For the example above, this should say "United Parcel Service" and "Ground" (the service is in the parenthesis). If not, correct it. For example, if it says "UPS Ground" instead of just "Ground" it needs to be changed. You'll need to do this for each language that you have installed, so there may be two or more lines for each shipping method. The service can be left blank if there is no service. Thanks, Adam Thanks Adam for your time in providing this information. I had interesting results. I followed your directions and confirmed the mismatch of "Ground" and "UPS Ground". I made the change to the value in the qbi_shiposc table within the qbi_shiposc_serv_text column. I changed "UPS Ground" to "Ground". This indeed did work. I successfully exported an IIS file and imported to Quickbooks Pro 2005 and the previous "Method not Set" was now correct: "UPS" in Quickbooks. However, as soon as I touched the QBI, Match, Shipping administration page (no updates, just view), the qbi_shiposc_serv_text, "Ground" value would immediately revert back to "UPS Ground". So I reversed the thought process. I edited /includes/modules/shipping/ups.php. I changed On line #58: 'GND' => 'Ground', To: 'GND' => 'UPS Ground', I then placed a new order, exported to IIF, Imported to Quickbooks and it was successful. I then investigated the orders_total table, found the new order number (just created previously) and looked at the "title" column value for the new order. It now showed: "United Parcel Service (1 x 0.5lbs) (UPS Ground):" where it had previously had shown: "United Parcel Service (1 x 0.5lbs) (Ground):" for the previous orders. This is a successful fix. I am OK with this fix but don't know why touching the QBI, Match, Shipping would produce a refresh of the qbi_shiposc table values. If you have a fix for that, it may help others. However, my change is working for me. I will be checking all my other shipping options by importing into Quickbooks and verifying that Method Not Set is not shown soon and will let you know if anything else serious pops up. Anyway, thanks VERY much for your time and answer Adam. I really appreciate it. kivimagi, This should help. Let me know, and I will help of I can. ------------------- By the way, this may help someone. When on my local Windows developemnt server, I was easily able to do a grep type command in Windows using the "findstr" command. Here is how I found all the files in my dev web server instantly that had the word "Ground" within it which pointed me to edit the /includes/modules/shipping/ups.php file as mentioned above: At a command prompt, change directory on your windows development server to your /Apache/htdocs folder. Run this command: findstr /s /c:"Ground" *.php It will produce every php in osCommerce that has the word "Ground". I thought this could make life easier for others that didn't know this. Hope this all helps... Joe Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.