• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

hey guys i just installed qbi and need a little help with Customer number configuration . This is the code i have %F10%WL-%I and this is how i see it in my quickbooks

First Name"First Letter of last name"-OrderNumber

so like

JohnD-2054

i want it to appear as

First Name Last Name - Order number

John Doe - 2054

also can any one please tell me how to delete all the customers from quickbooks. i imported around 1000 customers and its really hard to delete them one by one instead of deleting all at once

any help is greatly apprecaited

thankyou

Hi to all,

Having a few issues, tried to search but cannot seem to solve my problems.

I have not matched my products as there are too many. What i want is QB to just create a new product with every order (if it hasnt already been entered by a previous order).

Problem is, each new product is entered as a "service" part not an inventory part.

When i make a sale, i then create a PO for the product and drop ship from the warehouse, so i keep stock (track it), but sort of dont if that makes any sense and has any impact on my issue.

I looked into the QBI IIF file and could see item type but nowhere does it show "serv" for service part as QB is treating them.

I am using QB Premier 2005/06 Australian version.

My second issue is that my taxes are not working. GST (sales tax) shows as a service item, not good, and any order i download just becomes a general journal entry, not even a sale (invoice).

The customer imports find but has no balance against them either.

I have tried various settings in the configure page, but cannot get this right.

Any ideas

Does that mean there is now in international edition of this contribution or are you just trying to create one yourself?

To my understanding, still no. However im sure there isnt much to it, or at least much to my problem. I think the service problem is just an issue of putting in inventory parts in the iif file.

Then again, the general journal thing might be indicative of something worse.

Thanks for any and all interest.

Daniel

Hi to all,

Having a few issues, tried to search but cannot seem to solve my problems.

I have not matched my products as there are too many. What i want is QB to just create a new product with every order (if it hasnt already been entered by a previous order).

Problem is, each new product is entered as a "service" part not an inventory part.

QBI does not currently add new items to QB automatically the first time they appear in an invoice. You need to create a Products iif from the QBI Create page and import it into QB. When you add new products, you can import only the new ones. The QBI orders iif does not create new products that are not already in QB, or matched in QBI. When QB sees a product in an invoice that doesn't exist, it creates it as a service item. That's why this is happening.

Thanks,

Adam

My second issue is that my taxes are not working. GST (sales tax) shows as a service item, not good, and any order i download just becomes a general journal entry, not even a sale (invoice).

The customer imports find but has no balance against them either.

I have tried various settings in the configure page, but cannot get this right.

Any ideas

QBI does not support non-us versions of QB. The taxation systems, and the fields that are required in the iif are different.

This has been requested many times, and it is my top priority, as well as converting the rest of the design to OOP, so that the port to ZenCart and International versions of QB can be supported easily.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi All,

I'm on vacation for the next 4 weeks, so that's why I won't be able to provide much support during that time. I'm checking email every few days, but may not have time to answer questions or maybe will answer just a few. I will give full support as usual when I return.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

I am a brand new user of OSC. I have just installed the "thestorezone" version and have yet to make any changes accept adding your V2.10

It did add the Quickbooks Import QBI line to the Catalog tab so I am guessing that part worked.

When I click on it I get an "Access Denied" message. then it says "no Right Permission Access"

Please contact your Web Administrator to request more access or if you found any problem.

I followed your install direction to a tee.

I would love to use your program so I don't have to populate my item list "catalog" one item at a time.

Since it is a fresh install of OSC and your script I hope I am able to do that.

Thanks.

Bill

I know, at least in windows, that the webserver user needs write access to the QBIExport directory. I have been bitten by this one more times than I care to admit. If you using IIS, then it will be MACHINENAME\IUSR_MACHINENAME. I don't know what the user agent is for Apache (although I probably should), so I usually just add Everyone on my dev machine.

If your using *nix, you need to make sure that you chmod the directory to the right permissions. It has been so long since I've worked in a *nix environment, I can't remeber what the exact correct permissions are, but for testing you could just set it to 777(full permission).

Edited by RyanSmith

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Adam,

I am a brand new user of OSC. I have just installed the "thestorezone" version and have yet to make any changes accept adding your V2.10

It did add the Quickbooks Import QBI line to the Catalog tab so I am guessing that part worked.

When I click on it I get an "Access Denied" message. then it says "no Right Permission Access"

Please contact your Web Administrator to request more access or if you found any problem.

I followed your install direction to a tee.

I would love to use your program so I don't have to populate my item list "catalog" one item at a time.

Since it is a fresh install of OSC and your script I hope I am able to do that.

Thanks.

Bill

I'm not familiar with thestorezone build, but it sounds like it has the admin access mod installed. You probably need to go under your administrator tab / file access / catalog / store files, and provide permissions to the QBI files.

Dan

Dan Stevens

BTW, due to a bug the discount feature isn't working right now but will be fixed in the next release -- I had assumed that a discount would be the opposite sign of a product, but it isn't, so right now it gets added instead of subtracted. At least, that's what I found while helping one person -- if it does work for you now, let me know so I don't undo someting that is working.

It sounds like you use a QB discount item in your QB groups. That wasn't anticipated, but it makes complete sense. Currently, this won't work, but I will fix this in the next version.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

This is an awesome contribution. Thanks a bunch for taking your time to help out the community! :D

Ok, I ran into the same problem with QBI not importing correctly for gift voucher payments because the number is positive and not negative. BUT I don't think this is the issue that needs to be solved at all. Actually, a Gift Voucher is a PAYMENT, not a discount/fee. The Gift Voucher line in OSC should be matched to a payment type in Quickbooks. This would muck things up a little for you because there could then be multiple payment types for one invoice. (I.e. someone spends more than their GV amount, and puts the rest on credit card.)

Along the same vein, the GIFT product categories that are assigned for buying gift vouchers, can't be matched to items in QBI because in Quickbooks they are not Inventory Items, but Other Charges. I had to do this because Inventory Items must be associated with income accounts, but Gift Vouchers are technically liabilities, not income. So ideally, I want to match my OSC GIFT products to my Quickbooks Other Charges, but as it is configured currently, I can't do that.

Those changes would keep your Quickbooks straight - you get money before you sell (gift voucher purchase => liability), then you sell and the liability account is used for payment (gift voucher usage => payment). Of course, actual coupons are still just discounts, so that would stay the same as you have it now, although they aren't negative either, unfortunately. (This messes with the Order Editor function, too.)

Anyway, this is very easy for me to say, but I don't know a thing about php... :blush: I know you're gone for a month, so I'm going to attempt to explain this to my programmer husband and see if he can fix it for me. If so, we'll try to post the code. If not, I guess I'll be importing GV sales by hand until the next update. :blink:

I hope this line of thought will help you design the next generation discount/fee module in a more logical way.

Cheers,

Adrienne

I'm not familiar with thestorezone build, but it sounds like it has the admin access mod installed.  You probably need to go under your administrator tab / file access / catalog / store files, and provide permissions to the QBI files.

Dan

I found I had to go into the set user permissions and include all the new mods installed by the programs.

Thanks.

Hi Adam,

This is an awesome contribution.  Thanks a bunch for taking your time to help out the community!  :D

Ok, I ran into the same problem with QBI not importing correctly for gift voucher payments because the number is positive and not negative.  BUT I don't think this is the issue that needs to be solved at all.  Actually, a Gift Voucher is a PAYMENT, not a discount/fee.

QB doesn?t handle gift vouchers the same way as osC. It can?t be imported as payment separate from the Sale Receipt. It works quite well as a Discount -- it simply matches to a Discount item in QB that subtracts the gift voucher amount as a line item on the invoice.

The problem with sign being incorrect was fixed previously. Make sure that you are using the latest version of QBI, make sure that you have done Setup and Matching for the Discount item, and that you already have a discount item created in QB for the Gift Voucher. If you still are having a problem then let me/us know!

Thanks,

Adam

Those changes would keep your Quickbooks straight - you get money before you sell (gift voucher purchase => liability), then you sell and the liability account is used for payment (gift voucher usage => payment).  Of course, actual coupons are still just discounts, so that would stay the same as you have it now, although they aren't negative either, unfortunately.  (This messes with the Order Editor function, too.)

Adrienne,

Rereading your message, I see you are considering Gift Vouchers different from Coupons, and I?m assuming that a Gift Voucher and a Coupon are two names for essentially the same thing. It looks like you are getting into an accounting technicality that isn?t something I?ve considered or that has been asked for previously. I don?t think what you are asking for is possible with a Sales Receipt, but may be possible with an Invoice. However, the import with QBI works much smoother with Sales Receipts if you are using a payment gateway, since you don?t have to manually match payments. Anyway, I?ll look at this again when I return.

Thanks,

Adam

Help with item list import.

I am trying to import my item list. It is importing my inventory parts but not inventory assemblies.

Can someone tell me where in the code I would change this so that it imports my inventory assemblies as well?

Help with item list import.

I am trying to import my item list.  It is importing my inventory parts but not inventory assemblies.

Can someone tell me where in the code I would change this so that it imports my inventory assemblies as well?

QBI does not presently support Inventory Assembly in QB Premier.

It does support QB Groups, which is a more basic way to assemble products that is also suported by QB Pro.

When I return I will look at this issue. In the meantime, however, I can not suggest a simple fix as it would involve making changes in a number of areas.

Thanks,

Adam

Well, I'm back to the accounting side of things again, and once again, I guess it's time to talk to the expert.

We are trying to setup our QB store to work with the multi-shops contrib. I think that everything is working fine (I haven't fully tested it yet, but I can't see why it wouldn't work) but now we have the issue of needing to know which store each purchase came from.

We were thinking of setting up a custom field in the transaction that has the store id, but it isn't importing into QB the way we had thought. So question one is:

How do we deal with custom fields with in the IIF format. Can we add a custom field to the end of a SPL transaction called STOREID, and if so, how would we setup quickbooks to reconize that custom field?

Is this the best way of handling the different stores. I had the idea of vectoring off the purchases to different accounts based on where they came from. However, I'm not sure this is the best way of doing it either.

If you could please let me know of the best way to accomplish this, I can figure out the necessary PHP modifications to the qbi_orders. Once again, if I could figure out this damn accounting stuff this would be a million times easier.

Thanks a lot.

OK, I've been digging into this a little bit, I'm it's looking like the way to do this is to set up classes in QB for each one of my stores, then in the qbi_engine_orders.php file do a check to see orders_store_id it is. Then I set that as the ITEM_CLASS.

Does this sound like a good way to go?

I hate to be a complete bother, but as I was digging through the code I noticed that there is a blank line printed before the shipping line with nothing but the date, an INVOICE, SPL, and N for taxable. It also looks like it is done before the comments as well. What is the reason for this? I'm guessing it's just to make the IIF easier to read, but I would like to know for sure. This won't cause any problems will it?

Thanks again.

I hate to be a complete bother, but as I was digging through the code I noticed that there is a blank line printed before the shipping line with nothing but the date, an INVOICE, SPL, and N for taxable.  It also looks like it is done before the comments as well.  What is the reason for this?  I'm guessing it's just to make the IIF easier to read, but I would like to know for sure.  This won't cause any problems will it?

Thanks again.

The blank line was added to separate the shipping and make the Invoice look nicer.

- Adam

OK,  I've been digging into this a little bit, I'm it's looking like the way to do this is to set up classes in QB for each one of my stores, then in the qbi_engine_orders.php file do a check to see orders_store_id it is.  Then I set that as the ITEM_CLASS.

Does this sound like a good way to go?

Ryan,

Do you use separate QB company files for each store? If so, then the modification is very easy - you can easily add a Where clause to the object on the qbi_create page.

I can help more when I return from vacation in about 15 days.

Thanks,

- Adam

Hi,

Anyone has any experience with Option Type Feature Contribution? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Adam,

Thanks for your response. We are using the same QB store for each of the store fronts, but we needed a way to tell which store the orders came from. We made a simple addition to the code to vector off to different classes within QuickBooks. I think that it's going to work OK.

Akkinmore,

We are using QBI with the options type attributes, at least using the text box feature of option type. We had to add in some custom code to make it work the way we wanted. What we ended up doing for the import is to place the actual text in the memo field. Then for the product sub-product, we just passed in a value if it existed. We also have one that uses a yes no value.

For example, we have one text field called name drop where a user can add custom text to a T-Shirt. In the QBI we created custom code so if it's there it gets a value of ND if not it gets a value of NOND so a T-Shirt combo might look like:

TSHIRT2000:Blue:Large:ND

Where TSHIRT2000 is our product ID. This seems to be working pretty well, but I would be interested to see other approaches if someone has a better idea.

First of all thank you for such great contribution.

but Sorry. someome might have ask this question already.

i just installed this contribution and i think my files are too big. when i try to DL All Previous Orders it times out.. and my DL is never finish.

Is there a way that i can go around it?^^

Thank you :P

First of all thank you for such great contribution.

but Sorry. someome might have ask this question already.

i just installed this contribution and i think my files are too big. when i try to DL All Previous Orders it times out.. and my DL is never finish.

Is there a way that i can go around it?^^

Thank you :P

You may want to try adding

tep_set_time_limit(0);

To the top of the orders script. I think this will stop php from timing out.