• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

This sure is taking a long time to be approved.

I'm not sure I follow your stance on making it available for everyone. I could have the file up on my server in about 10 minutes and post a link here, making the file available for everyone to share in the QBI goodness until whomever is responsible for approving such things gets it approved in the contributions section.

Brandon

Well, I guess I will tell you what I am trying to do and you can tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree. From what I understand, my client has an online server from Quickbooks, they likely have the desktop version used for bookkeeping. The Online Application allows them to process credit cards. If I go to the Intuit web site they recommend several Web Store Providers (websitepros, goDaddy, homestead Storefront, ProStores, etc). I want to know if I can use OSCommerce instead... Am I high?

No, you aren't high! Yes, you can use osCommerce and QBI instead of their approved web store providers -- in fact, from what I can tell from their web site, QBI provides far better integration than their offerings.

But, you will need to install the osC contribution for Innovative Merchant Solutions to be able to use their payment gateway with osC.

Or, use Authorize.net instead, and install the appropriate Authorize.net contribution for osC. The only disadvantage here is that if your client also has non-internet sales, you'll still need the QB merchant service to charge cards directly in Quickbooks.

Thanks,

Adam

This sure is taking a long time to be approved.

I'm not sure I follow your stance on making it available for everyone. I could have the file up on my server in about 10 minutes and post a link here, making the file available for everyone to share in the QBI goodness until whomever is responsible for approving such things gets it approved in the contributions section.

Brandon

Brandon,

I just objected to people asking me to individually send it to them, as if I didn't have better things to do with my time! But yes, I am rather frustrated at the wait, and that isn't going to work when I want to post updates quickly.

*Solicitation

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by 241

No, you aren't high! Yes, you can use osCommerce and QBI instead of their approved web store providers -- in fact, from what I can tell from their web site, QBI provides far better integration than their offerings.

But, you will need to install the osC contribution for Innovative Merchant Solutions to be able to use their payment gateway with osC.

Or, use Authorize.net instead, and install the appropriate Authorize.net contribution for osC. The only disadvantage here is that if your client also has non-internet sales, you'll still need the QB merchant service to charge cards directly in Quickbooks.

Thanks,

Adam

Thank you Adam, I know I'll have more questions since I have never done any of this before - but I really appreciate you clearing this piece up for me. Thanks so MUCH!!

Hello All,

QBI 3.0 will not be posted in the contribution section, as it looks like there would be a long delay anyway. Due to the non-commercial nature of the osC forums, forum support for version 3.0 will be continued but will not be available here.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi, I need a Quickbooks contrib like this one. The work done to date looks awesome, and should fit my needs. Adam, do you mean you won't ever be posting v.3.0? A new version would be great, but should I just get 2.1 and install it now if 3.0 won't be coming? I'd love to have use the new version, but my clients want their Quickbooks going as soon as possible.

Thanks for the files and the translation! I will be working on the previously listed improvements for version 1.1. I will probably add support for German, UK, Canadian, and Australian versions in 1.2

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I was just wondering if:

a) You had added support for the Australian version?

b) Do you know what would be involved in adding support for the Australian version? (If anything)

c) Whether we should just go ahead and try it!

Thanks for your wonderful effort,

r

Hi Adam,

I was just wondering if:

c) Whether we should just go ahead and try it!

I don't know specifically about Australia -- you can try it, but it is most likely it won't work. In general, in different versions the fields are labeled differently. Also, the main thing is that sales tax is dealt with differently in different countries -- in the US, prices are always quoted without tax, and the tax is stuck on the end. In various other countries, it is included with each product.

a) You had added support for the Australian version?

B) Do you know what would be involved in adding support for the Australian version? (If anything)

In respect for the rules of the forum (and also so they don't edit my posts :'( ), I can answer questions about QBI v2.10b here, since it is free software. But any questions about the current or future versions should be asked at my QBI support site and I will be glad to answer.

Thanks for your wonderful effort,

r

Thanks!

- Adam

• 3 weeks later...
Nick,

It will probably be late summer before I will have time to work on that part.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

How you doing on the international version?

Thanks

Nick

If the answer to my question is previously posted and I missed it, I apologize now. I have spent over an hour reading posts to find my answer.

I have just started a new shopping cart with the newest download of osCommerce. I bought Beyond Compare and installed other mods. Cart works great except for the following problem.

I went through the installation of QBI twice now and came to the same point twice. In the end I reach a point that I come up with the qbi_create.php page. On this page, I have a horizonal navigation that says "Create iif", "Set Up", "Match", "Configure", and "About" Clicking on any of these links takes me to a page not found. Looking at the address bar, I get "www.mywebsite.com/admin/admin/qbi_*.php". Note that admin/ is duplicated as admin/admin/ .

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong and/or how to fix it.

Thank you for your help

If the answer to my question is previously posted and I missed it, I apologize now. I have spent over an hour reading posts to find my answer.

I have just started a new shopping cart with the newest download of osCommerce. I bought Beyond Compare and installed other mods. Cart works great except for the following problem.

I went through the installation of QBI twice now and came to the same point twice. In the end I reach a point that I come up with the qbi_create.php page. On this page, I have a horizonal navigation that says "Create iif", "Set Up", "Match", "Configure", and "About" Clicking on any of these links takes me to a page not found. Looking at the address bar, I get "www.mywebsite.com/admin/admin/qbi_*.php". Note that admin/ is duplicated as admin/admin/ .

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong and/or how to fix it.

Thank you for your help

Hi,

You don't mention if you are using QBI 2.10b, or 3. QBI 3 questions are answered on the private QBI support site.

Either way, it sounds like the problem is in your osC configuration directory constants, since QBI simply reads these. Check that you have this set up correctly in osC.

Thanks,

Adam

This looks fantastic, but I must say, I'm a bit over my head at the moment with this contribution and Quickbooks Pro.

I have both Quckbooks Pro new install, only banking records updated in it, and then the QBI installed on my web site.

I'm not sure what would be the next best step to get my sales from OSC to QB. DO I set up accounts first in Quickbooks (some are generic at the moment) or do I just do an import from the QBI export?

Thanks.

This looks fantastic, but I must say, I'm a bit over my head at the moment with this contribution and Quickbooks Pro.

I have both Quckbooks Pro new install, only banking records updated in it, and then the QBI installed on my web site.

I'm not sure what would be the next best step to get my sales from OSC to QB. DO I set up accounts first in Quickbooks (some are generic at the moment) or do I just do an import from the QBI export?

Thanks.

(I've answered this question by private message).

Thanks,

Adam

Hello and good day!!

Thanks so much for your contribution!! I can't wait to complete this automation!!

Currently when I go to QBI Setup > Products, my items.iif file is found in the input directory, however when I try to import the file, it is not imported. It appears that an error message should be displayed, as "SETUP_FAIL" is shown on the page. When I do a "find all" for SETUP_FAIL, it is found in the languages pages, where the error messages are set. I am not seeing a SETUP_FAIL definition in the catalog/admin/qbi_products.php file.

Is this not where the error text would be? I was hoping the error would lead me closer to why my items are not being imported. I have tried importing the items.iif file from several different browser, both Mac and Windows, but keep getting the same result.

I am also wondering about how discounts are set up to work between osC and QB. I have installed a contribution for separate pricing based on user login (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,716/). As we do both retail and wholesale sales, I was hoping I could somehow make it so our wholesale clients could log in, receive their wholesale pricing, and the transaction could follow through to QB. Currently the only osC item in the QBI Discounts/ Fees Matching is a "Low Order Fee".

Can you help me to understand how I can set up other Discounts / Fees in osC?

Any suggestions you can offer are greatly appreciated!! Thanks again for such a great contribution!!

Hello,

When I try and import the lists.iff file, I get the following error...

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/*********/public_html/admin/qbi_products.php on line 34

Also, when I try and download my orders I get this error-

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter. in /home/********/public_html/admin/includes/classes/qbi_classes.php on line 613

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter. in /home/*****/public_html/admin/includes/classes/qbi_classes.php on line 613

Any ideas what is wrong?

Sorry I can't offer any suggestions, I'm just getting educated on this contribution myself. I heard from Adam, and he mentioned he will be on vacation until the 15th. He seems really nice and helpful, so I would think he'll address any open questions when he returns.

Anyone...

This is the new version I paid for BTW.

He has corrections on his Forums to fix $this. Works great after that. Bigger issue is to be sure QB codes TAX, Inventory,,,, are correct

Edited by rgach

I have installed the QBI module release 2.10b on a clean oscommerce install.

When i go to the catalog configuration, i clicked the button that said click here to update the database. It was a success. It says click here to go to complete the install. When i click it the page just loads and loads and loads. Never gives me an error, but it never loads either.

I have tried to reload it several times and it just keeps freezing. I checked my tables in my mysql file and all the tables it wrote seem to be there.

ANY help or advice would greatly be appreciated.

I have installed the QBI module release 2.10b on a clean oscommerce install.

When i go to the catalog configuration, i clicked the button that said click here to update the database. It was a success. It says click here to go to complete the install. When i click it the page just loads and loads and loads. Never gives me an error, but it never loads either.

I have tried to reload it several times and it just keeps freezing. I checked my tables in my mysql file and all the tables it wrote seem to be there.

ANY help or advice would greatly be appreciated.

(I have also replied privately to bryanfilm)

Occasionally this happens with 2.10b, and I haven't always figuered out why -- ver 3 has an improved installation routine which doesn't have these problems any more.

One way to fix this is that you can comment out the code that checks if QBI is properly installed. This is where the loop is happening.

In file: catalog/admin/includes/qbi_version.php

After line 33 (// Check if QB Import configured and installed)

Comment out lines 34 - 40

Make sure that the database tables are indeed installed, and check the qbi_config table and make sure that qbi_config_active is set to 1.

Thanks,

Adam

Occasionally this happens with 2.10b, and I haven't always figuered out why -- ver 3 has an improved installation routine which doesn't have these problems any more.

Hey Adam,

where do I find ver. 3? Can't seem to find it in the contrib section?

thanks!

Shayne

Hey Adam,

where do I find ver. 3? Can't seem to find it in the contrib section?

thanks!

Shayne

The contrib section only includes free contributions, and v 2.10b was the last free version of QBI. In respect of the rules of the forums, I can't say any more than that here!

Thanks,

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've been using this FANTASTIC contribution (2.10) many months now and it is WONDERFUL!

However.... tonight I tried to add a new product and it's not working.

In Set Up > Products, it recoginzes there's a lists.IIF file and asks Import Now? When I click the "Import iif File" button it returns "Set Up Successful" howver, it doesn't add my new product.

:o

I've verified that the new product data is in the lists.IIF file that I uploaded, so I can't figure out why it's not adding it in setup when I import it.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Craig,

Sorry for the late response -- I think my spam filter deleted notification of the post.

1) Make sure that you have set the correct item types in the QBI config option 'Match types'

"Determines which QB item types (inventory, non-inventory, and service) will be displayed in the matching drop-down menu. If none are selected, then all types will be displayed."

2) Make sure that it is reading the new file and not the old one. You might have two files, and it may be giving priority to the old one. Look at your qbi_input directory and if there are two files delete the old one.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello,

I've been using this FANTASTIC contribution (2.10) many months now and it is WONDERFUL!

However.... tonight I tried to add a new product and it's not working.

In Set Up > Products, it recoginzes there's a lists.IIF file and asks Import Now? When I click the "Import iif File" button it returns "Set Up Successful" howver, it doesn't add my new product.

:o

I've verified that the new product data is in the lists.IIF file that I uploaded, so I can't figure out why it's not adding it in setup when I import it.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Craig