• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Adam, awesome contribution! :thumbsup:

I'm setting up a new shop. I'm using Quickbooks Premier Retail 2005. We have about 100 items in QB so far and plan to add several hundred more. Mostly these are inventory items but there are a few non-inventory and a few service items. I've been able to export my items to OSC via QBI. What I don't have is all the items created in OSC yet. I did have 4 products in OSC (for testing) that I was able to match to service items from QB so I know the product upload worked (QB->OSC)

Does anyone have a nifty way to create all my Quickbooks items as products in correct categories in OSC? Do I need another contribution that allows me to do some sort of mass item creation in OSC? I plan to keep the item number/names the same between QB and OSC so the flow through without special matching works.

Look at Easy Populate.

- Adam

I have just installed QBI and when I clicked on QBI in my admin interface it told me

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

Why is this? I have left the import and export folders writable and am using Apache with PHP 5 and the latest mysql. I need this functioning ASAP.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks,

eragon921

I've had this installed in two stores for quite some time. I transferred to new server and think this is likely related to permissions but am stumped:

Warning: fopen(qbi_output/qbi_prod.iif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 44

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 96

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 99

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:44) in /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:44) in /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 106

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:44) in /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 107

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:44) in /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php:44) in /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 109

I get this or something similiar when trying to export orders, customers...etc. Any insight would be helpful.

I've had this installed in two stores for quite some time. I transferred to new server and think this is likely related to permissions but am stumped:

Warning: fopen(qbi_output/qbi_prod.iif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/myuser/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/admin/includes/qbi_engine_prod.php on line 44

I get this or something similiar when trying to export orders, customers...etc. Any insight would be helpful.

QBI can't write the iif file to the qbi_output directory, where it stores it as it is created before prompting you to download it. Make sure that you have made the directory as instructed in the documentation, and have assigned read and write permissions for both the directory and the files it contains. On a unix server, that would be 777 for unrestricted access. If this solves your problem, you might try tighter permissions until there is a problem again.

Thanks,

Adam

QBI can't write the iif file to the qbi_output directory, where it stores it as it is created before prompting you to download it. Make sure that you have made the directory as instructed in the documentation, and have assigned read and write permissions for both the directory and the files it contains. On a unix server, that would be 777 for unrestricted access. If this solves your problem, you might try tighter permissions until there is a problem again.

Thanks,

Adam

I have it set to 777 and apache:apache. It doesn't say in the instructions, that I can find, what the ownership of the files and directories should be but I assume that the folder needs to be writable by apache? Correct or not?

As I said earlier, I had this working on another server for over a year with no issues. When I ssh'd the files over to the new server all ownership and permissions should have been preserved but I'm not so sure they were. What ownership should the files/directories be under?

Edited by TxWebMan

I have just installed QBI and when I clicked on QBI in my admin interface it told me

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

Why is this? I have left the import and export folders writable and am using Apache with PHP 5 and the latest mysql. I need this functioning ASAP.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks,

eragon921

QBI has no permission system of its own, so this isn't something internal to QBI. This problem is usually caused by another contribution which controls access to the admin interface. If you have this contribution, you need to tell it about QBI and set it up to allow you access to it.

Thanks,

Adam

I figured it out. The existing iif files in the output folder were owned by the user instead of apache. I merely deleted those and let the app recreate the new files which it was able to do since I had removed the files owned by a user other than apache.

I have it set to 777 and apache:apache. It doesn't say in the instructions, that I can find, what the ownership of the files and directories should be but I assume that the folder needs to be writable by apache? Correct or not?

As I said earlier, I had this working on another server for over a year with no issues. When I ssh'd the files over to the new server all ownership and permissions should have been preserved but I'm not so sure they were. What ownership should the files/directories be under?

I'm not a unix expert, but my guess is that you'd want to be logged in as root when you create them. But anyway, it seems that QBI is working ok otherwise. I'm not sure that permissions would be preserved. I'd delete the catalog/admin/qbi_output and qbi_input directories, and recreate them and assign permissions and see if it works.

If this doesn't, then I'd make a php test file where you do a write and then a read to a file in the qbi_output directory. This might make troubleshooting faster, and isolate the problem. Once this is working, then QBI should work.

Thanks,

Adam

I finally tried importing my test orders into my test Quickbooks 2005 Premier Retail company file.

My imported orders are showing up with the terms as "Invoice terms not prepaid" setting even though the order was processed through the Authorize.net AIM module (GPL) and I have every payment option in QBI set to Paid online.

I did add the Authorize.net AIM module (GPL) after I originally added the QBI module. Do I need to run something to have QBI rescan my available payment options?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to get QBI to see that my orders were already paid for online.

I finally tried importing my test orders into my test Quickbooks 2005 Premier Retail company file.

My imported orders are showing up with the terms as "Invoice terms not prepaid" setting even though the order was processed through the Authorize.net AIM module (GPL) and I have every payment option in QBI set to Paid online.

I did add the Authorize.net AIM module (GPL) after I originally added the QBI module. Do I need to run something to have QBI rescan my available payment options?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to get QBI to see that my orders were already paid for online.

You also need to go to Match:Payment in QBI and match the QB payment terms to the osC payment terms. This will also automatically update QBI with the Authorize.net module.

And make sure that "Import Payments" is set to "As sales receipt" in the configuration screen.

Thanks,

Adam

Forgive me if this is a stupid question...

My client is using Quickbooks as well as their merchant services. Am I understanding it correctly that this contrib is what she needs to import the info into QB and process her credit card purchases through QB merchant? It sounds like Adam has done a wonderful job on this contribution and I hope it is what is needed.

Thanks for any response, Toni

You also need to go to Match:Payment in QBI and match the QB payment terms to the osC payment terms. This will also automatically update QBI with the Authorize.net module.

And make sure that "Import Payments" is set to "As sales receipt" in the configuration screen.

Thanks,

Adam

Ah, thanks! I knew I was missing something and it's been a bit since I originally setup QBI. Maybe you can add an explicit bullet to the "Configuration and User Manual" (I have v2.10 May 8, 2005) in section 14 about matching payment options. I kept missing this step which is the reason I posted here.

Issue between QBI and Authorize Net AIM (GPL)

I went to the match screen and only had the original 10 from osc. Thought that was strange so I did some digging and found a current issue between QBI and Authorize Net AIM (GPL). The Authorize net module didn't define "MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_TITLE" like QBI was expecting. It's using a different title for the Admin area vs. the catalog area and they are implemented using slightly different TITLE definitions. This caused QBI to not match it in the language file.

To fix this I added this line to includes\languages\english\modules\payment\authorizenet_aim.php

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_TITLE', 'Authorize.net AIM');

and then QBI was able to see it. I'll post in the support forum for that contrib to see if Vger will add this or has any concerns with it.

Below is a grep of the original payment titles to help demonstrate the problem:

....\includes\languages\english\modules\payment>grep TITLE *
authorizenet.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_TEXT_TITLE', 'Authorize.net');
authorizenet_aim.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_ADMIN_TITLE', 'Authorize.net AIM'); // Payment option title as displayed in the admin
authorizenet_aim.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_CATALOG_TITLE', 'Credit Card');  // Payment option title as displayed to the customer
cc.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card');
cod.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_COD_TEXT_TITLE', 'Cash on Delivery');
ipayment.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_IPAYMENT_TEXT_TITLE', 'iPayment');
moneyorder.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_TITLE', 'Check/Money Order');
nochex.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEX_TEXT_TITLE', 'NOCHEX');
paypal.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal');
pm2checkout.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_2CHECKOUT_TEXT_TITLE', '2CheckOut');
psigate.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PSIGATE_TEXT_TITLE', 'PSiGate');
secpay.php:  define('MODULE_PAYMENT_SECPAY_TEXT_TITLE', 'SECPay');

Issue between QBI and Authorize Net AIM (GPL)

I went to the match screen and only had the original 10 from osc. Thought that was strange so I did some digging and found a current issue between QBI and Authorize Net AIM (GPL). The Authorize net module didn't define "MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_AIM_TEXT_TITLE" like QBI was expecting.

Thanks for finding that. I am using the module and don't remember that issue, but the contribution has probably been revised since I downloaded it. Yes, I could make that change in QBI, but it seems to me the best thing would be for the Authorize.net module to be consistent with the others.

Another thing that would be nice for Authorize.net AIM would be for it to inidicate a different payment method for each card type -- instead of just "Credit Card using Authorize.net" or whatever, to say "VISA using Authorize.net" or "MasterCard using Authorize.net." That way, you could match each card type in QBI, and then it would make it a little easier when reconciling the merchant account deposits.

Thanks,

Adam

Toni,

Forgive me if this is a stupid question...

No questions are stupid!

My client is using Quickbooks as well as their merchant services. Am I understanding it correctly that this contrib is what she needs to import the info into QB and process her credit card purchases through QB merchant? It sounds like Adam has done a wonderful job on this contribution and I hope it is what is needed.

Thanks for any response, Toni

If you are using QB merchant services from within Quickbooks, then QBI will only half work. It will import the orders, but not the credit card number. This is due to the iif file format, not something that QBI can get around. You would have to manually copy the CC information from osC into QB and then charge the card.

QB merchant services now has a web store option, but I don't think there is a way to integrate this with osC.

If your client does not do online sales, or is willing to set up two merchant services (that's what I'm doing), then I would suggest using Authorize.net. In this case, the credit card is charged online in real time, it is not necessary to import the CC info into QB, and it works perfectly with QB (via the Authorizenet contribution and QBI).

In the future, QBI will be able to import CC numbers via XML, but this will not be ready for the initial version 3.0 release.

Thanks,

Adam

Toni,

No questions are stupid!

If you are using QB merchant services from within Quickbooks, then QBI will only half work. It will import the orders, but not the credit card number. This is due to the iif file format, not something that QBI can get around. You would have to manually copy the CC information from osC into QB and then charge the card.

QB merchant services now has a web store option, but I don't think there is a way to integrate this with osC.

If your client does not do online sales, or is willing to set up two merchant services (that's what I'm doing), then I would suggest using Authorize.net. In this case, the credit card is charged online in real time, it is not necessary to import the CC info into QB, and it works perfectly with QB (via the Authorizenet contribution and QBI).

In the future, QBI will be able to import CC numbers via XML, but this will not be ready for the initial version 3.0 release.

Thanks,

Adam

Thank you for your reply Adam. So in general, it will be available at some time, meaning it will be something that can be done? (Im not asking a timeline, because I know it takes time to get these completed.) I do appreciate your help with that. Toni

Thank you for your reply Adam. So in general, it will be available at some time, meaning it will be something that can be done?

Yes.

(Im not asking a timeline, because I know it takes time to get these completed.) I do appreciate your help with that. Toni

In the meantime, depending on your store volume, you may want to use Authorize.net with QBI so that your order processing is automated as much as possible.

Thanks,

Adam

I have installed everything as shown on the instructions but when I click on QBI on the left menu I get the following:

Please contact your Webmaster to request

I was looking through the trail of messages but couldnt find anything.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chris

I have installed everything as shown on the instructions but when I click on QBI on the left menu I get the following:

Please contact your Webmaster to request

I was looking through the trail of messages but couldnt find anything.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chris

This isn't a message from QBI.

Try typing directly in your browser:

(replace yoursite of course with your domain)

www.yoursite.com/catalog/admin/qbi_config.php

If that opens QBI, then you have a problem with the box link in the menu.

If it doesn't, then it has something to do with your web site permissions or set-up.

Thanks,

Adam

This isn't a message from QBI.

Try typing directly in your browser:

(replace yoursite of course with your domain)

www.yoursite.com/catalog/admin/qbi_config.php

If that opens QBI, then you have a problem with the box link in the menu.

If it doesn't, then it has something to do with your web site permissions or set-up.

Thanks,

Adam

What special permissions do I have to set or on which directory or file.

Let me know and thanks again ;-)

Chris

What special permissions do I have to set or on which directory or file.

Let me know and thanks again ;-)

Chris

and by the way.....I did try to get to url that you provided directly and it said denied.....like you said it has to be a permissions issue on my side. Just looking for a little guidance.

Thanks

Chris

Is it possible to get invoice orders to come in with a 30 day due date instead of the default of 5?

The invoices will have whatever terms you choose. This is set in the Config page under "Invoice terms not prepaid" and "Invoice terms paid online."

You also need to make sure that you have properly set up and matched Payments in QBI.

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by adam5532

and by the way.....I did try to get to url that you provided directly and it said denied.....like you said it has to be a permissions issue on my side. Just looking for a little guidance.

Thanks

Chris

Make sure that you do not have the osC contribution installed that limits access to the admin panel. This has been the source of access issues for some people. You just need to set up QBI for access in the contribution.

If you used an FTP program to transfer the files, make sure permissions are set to 644 (except for the files noted in the instructions). This normally shouldn't be an issue.

Otherwise, you should contact tech support for your hosting company. It isn't clear from the error message you give where it is coming from -- it doesn't sound like an apache error message to me.

Thanks,

Adam

The invoices will have whatever terms you choose. This is set in the Config page under "Invoice terms not prepaid" and "Invoice terms paid online."

You also need to make sure that you have properly set up and matched Payments in QBI.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks. Any hints on where in QB this can be set?