• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

I also see that your shipping methods have not been set up yet either.

Please tell your client that they'll save a great deal of time by reading the Config and Users' Manual completely, and following all the steps to set up and configure everything, without skipping anything.

Thanks,

Adam

Hey Adam,

Thanks again for your help and I apologize for any amount of this that might have been eased by a more complete reading of the config manual by my client. He's not terribly technical so I think he thought I could handle it all (until recently) even though I don't have QB or his QB DB.

His less-than-super-tech-savviness might also account for how he set up his QB, about which he has repeatedly mentioned that he set it all up himself and to the minimum requirements for it to work for his business. In so doing, he has never used the 'shipping methods' inside quickbooks. Do you foresee any problem with this setup, or is there something he should change in his quickbooks setup in order for this to work smoothly?

Thanks!!!

Allen

I am only importing orders when the order is shipped, the order only ships after the payment is received and cleared. -- Thats why I want to bring in check orders along w/ prepaid.

As for the qty, I mean it is not showing up on certain orders on the sales receipt.

any ideas ?

Thanks

Mark

okay,

Where do I send it,

Ill send you one that comes up w/ a qty, and one that doesnt.

Mark

In so doing, he has never used the 'shipping methods' inside quickbooks. Do you foresee any problem with this setup, or is there something he should change in his quickbooks setup in order for this to work smoothly?

Thanks!!!

Allen

Just to clarify for everyone, there are two shipping settings, and they are independent of one another.

The first is are the shipping settings in the config. These must be set up so that the shipping charge correctly enters into Quickbooks.

The second is the Set Up:Shipping and Match:Shipping. You don't have to set this up, but if you don't, then the "Ship Via" field on the Invoice or Sales Receipt won't be filled in (it will say "Method not set"). So, if someone pays extra for overnight shipping, all you'll see is the $ amount of the shipping charge but you won't know that they chose overnight (without pulling up the invoice in osC, which defeats part of the purpose of QBI to avoid need to do this).

Thanks,

Adam

My email is in the instruction manual.

Thanks,

Adam

I think I figured out the problem, however I have more important questions.

1. As far as what your contribution can do, can it automatically make a PO when you import it?

2. If not, When you enter a bill from the vendor, is there anyway to put that against the sales receipt?

Thanks

Mark

I think I figured out the problem, however I have more important questions.

1. As far as what your contribution can do, can it automatically make a PO when you import it?

2. If not, When you enter a bill from the vendor, is there anyway to put that against the sales receipt?

Thanks

Mark

QBI does not have any connection with vendors or PO's in QB - it only creates invoices and sales receipts. If you want to associate a line item on a PO with a particular customer, you'll have to do that manually.

Thanks,

Adam

Just to clarify for everyone, there are two shipping settings, and they are independent of one another.

The first is are the shipping settings in the config. These must be set up so that the shipping charge correctly enters into Quickbooks.

The second is the Set Up:Shipping and Match:Shipping. You don't have to set this up, but if you don't, then the "Ship Via" field on the Invoice or Sales Receipt won't be filled in (it will say "Method not set"). So, if someone pays extra for overnight shipping, all you'll see is the $ amount of the shipping charge but you won't know that they chose overnight (without pulling up the invoice in osC, which defeats part of the purpose of QBI to avoid need to do this).

Thanks,

Adam

Hooray! Success! Both order and payment have imported properly. Thanks a lot, guys!

Now there's just one more thing my client inquires about:

> I need help to determine how to reconcile/integrate my current customer

> names in QB with the naming convention that will be used by osC. I have a

> lot of historical data reports I update monthly that depend upon the names

> as they currently appear in QB.

Do you have any suggestions in this area? Being a non-QB guy, this is the last item I feel inadequate to address on my own.

Thanks so much again and again! :)

Allen

Hooray! Success! Both order and payment have imported properly. Thanks a lot, guys!

Now there's just one more thing my client inquires about:

> I need help to determine how to reconcile/integrate my current customer

> names in QB with the naming convention that will be used by osC. I have a

> lot of historical data reports I update monthly that depend upon the names

> as they currently appear in QB.

Do you have any suggestions in this area? Being a non-QB guy, this is the last item I feel inadequate to address on my own.

Thanks so much again and again! :)

Allen

Allen,

The customer naming sceme in QBI is completely customizable, and can be constructed using any or all of the first name, last name, company name, osC customer number, and fixed characters and symbols. Also, it can be configured differently for customers with and without a company name. Instructions for doing this are in the manual in the configuration options. It is advisable to use the osC customer number somewhere in the customer name as this guarantees that names are unique.

You don't say what you current sceme is in QB, or how many customers there are. It may be difficult to make QBI match the method you are currently using in QB. For example, if the first customer with last name Jones is "JONES" and the next you call "JONES-01", there's no way that QBI can know that the next Jones should be "JONES-02". Likewise, if you set QBI to just use "JONES", then you run the risk of over-writing that customer when a different Jones buys something.

Note, that when a customer is imported into QB that has the same QB "name" as another, all the address and customer information will get over-written. In this way, when an existing customer changes their address or phone in osC, it will get updated in QB. QB won't create a second customer with the same "name."

You may be faced with the fact that existing customer are going to have duplicate "names" created in QB when they make an online purchase. You can remove the old name manually.

Thanks,

Adam

I wanted to say that this Contribution is a thing of beauty. It is truly amazing. :D

My production Osc site is under construction and I also have a local functioning mirrored development Osc site. I have a test business set up in Quickbooks. I have successfully installed the QBI 2.10b contribution on my development site and it is nearly fully functional. I am able to successfully import orders via IIF file. I have a current issue that I need help with:

When importing orders via IIF, in Quickbooks (2005) and when viewing the QBI imported Invoices on the Invoice screen (Customer Navigator, Invoices, <-- Previous button), on the shipping "Via" field, I am showing "Method Not Set" only for "Flat Rate" Osc imported shipping Invoices. Invoices that are QBI imported that have USPS or UPS shipping methods are correct. The problem also occurs no matter what QBI shipping method is Matched (US Mail or UPS for example).

I have verified that the QBI Match:Shipping page is set properly:

001.jpg

I have verified that Quickbooks has "US Mail" and "UPS" as available shipping options:

002.jpg

I have looked at the IIF Orders file that is uploaded when Flat Rate shipping is selected by a customer. The "Method not set" entry is being uploaded in the IIF file (line 6):

TRNS INVOICE 10/16/2005 Accounts Receivable Customer-8 35.74 45 N Y Test Customer 123 Fake Way Littleton CO 80125 Test Customer 123 Fake Way Littleton CO 80125 Y Net 15 Method not set Cash 45

Any assistance regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

I wanted to say that this Contribution is a thing of beauty. It is truly amazing. :D

My production Osc site is under construction and I also have a local functioning mirrored development Osc site. I have a test business set up in Quickbooks. I have successfully installed the QBI 2.10b contribution on my development site and it is nearly fully functional. I am able to successfully import orders via IIF file. I have a current issue that I need help with:

When importing orders via IIF, in Quickbooks (2005) and when viewing the QBI imported Invoices on the Invoice screen (Customer Navigator, Invoices, <-- Previous button), on the shipping "Via" field, I am showing "Method Not Set" only for "Flat Rate" Osc imported shipping Invoices. Invoices that are QBI imported that have USPS or UPS shipping methods are correct. The problem also occurs no matter what QBI shipping method is Matched (US Mail or UPS for example).

I have verified that the QBI Match:Shipping page is set properly:

001.jpg

I have verified that Quickbooks has "US Mail" and "UPS" as available shipping options:

002.jpg

I have looked at the IIF Orders file that is uploaded when Flat Rate shipping is selected by a customer. The "Method not set" entry is being uploaded in the IIF file (line 6):

TRNS INVOICE 10/16/2005 Accounts Receivable Customer-8 35.74 45 N Y Test Customer 123 Fake Way Littleton CO 80125 Test Customer 123 Fake Way Littleton CO 80125 Y Net 15 Method not set Cash 45

Any assistance regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

It is happening because there is a discrepency in osC between the internal name of the shipping method and the text that is saved with the order, so this is causing a problem for the QBI routine that matches the shipping method on the invoice. This is a problem I'm aware of. When I have a moment I'll let you know if there is a way to work around this for now by manually editing one of the db tables.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Adam,

Can you please let me know of the progress of QBI with UK support, as I am getting quite jealous of all the users in the US, as my fingers are killing me from typing all our customers names and order into quick books :)

All the best for your work on this.

Regards

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

Hello Adam,

Can you please let me know of the progress of QBI with UK support, as I am getting quite jealous of all the users in the US, as my fingers are killing me from typing all our customers names and order into quick books :)

All the best for your work on this.

Regards

Andy

I'm still working on a complete rewrite of QBI, which I need to do first. Then, it will be pretty easy to add the UK support. I've converted the configuration page to OOP, and am part way through converting the orders engine to OOP. Some times I can't work on it for a bit, and then I find 5 - 10 hours to work on it at once! I'm hoping in about 30 days, but that's a rough guess!

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam

Thanks for the update, looking forward to using the finished article.

Sterling work :thumbsup:

All the best

Andy

Hi Adam,

I'm another guy here in the UK who is watching progress and very excited about the new version. I suspect there are quite a few of us. Just thought I'd add my best wishes and encouragement.

Great Stuff

Frank

Now that i have the this up and running i was wondering if you guys had a solution about importing the iif file without admin access. I want to have the guys in the warehouse be able to upload the iif file without needed to switch to single user or to the admin name. If you guys have a solution for this it would be much appreciated.

It is happening because there is a discrepency in osC between the internal name of the shipping method and the text that is saved with the order, so this is causing a problem for the QBI routine that matches the shipping method on the invoice. This is a problem I'm aware of. When I have a moment I'll let you know if there is a way to work around this for now by manually editing one of the db tables.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I moved on and installed QBI v2.10b into my production server. USPS IIF imports to Quickbooks 2005 show up correctly. My Flat Rate and UPS both show "Method not set". Would you be able to help me with the work around editing the DB as you had mentoned previously? Your help is much appreciated.

Joe

Howdy Adam, just wondering how the International version is coming along? (I am using Australian Quick Books Pro)

Am trying to bludgeon my shop to put orders into Quickbooks. Is there somwhere you know of I can read about people trying to get QBI going with non US versions?

On ya!

Matt.

Well that'll teach me not to do my research properly! >_<

I decided I needed to invest in some accounting software and saw this contribution was available so chose Quickbooks over Sage because it looked like it was easier to use and would integrate with OSc - never even considered that the contribution might not work with UK Quickbooks.

My new software arrived this morning, I haven't installed it yet - and I am a total non-Quickbooks user and not an accountant.

Can anyone here from the UK give me any hints as to how I might easily import my OSC data in - can it not be done via Excel? I'm sure I read somewhere that it integrates with Excel (Quickbooks that is) and its fairly easy to get data out of OSC into Access, do some queries and then get it into Excel...

I am not bothered about keeping it up to date - I get few enough online orders that once I have all the historical data I can keep it up to date manually - I just wanted to get the initial data load done cos I have nearly 18 months worth to input!

Please PM/Email me if you can help with Excel/Quickbooks integration as I don't want to hijack this thread.

Thanks

Christine

Can I use this contribution to create a basic IIF file and then tweak it by hand before importing it to UK QB? Is there a huge difference in the IIF formats?

Christine

Hi,

I know there are a lot of you that want UK support, and all I can say is that I'm working on it whenever I get a chance. It is a big job to rewrite QBI! I don't have time to help with manually changing the iif, or doing any mods to the current 2.10b. Sorry for the wait, but I'm doing the best I can to get it done! When it is ready, it will also be better constructed and better documented, making it easier for others to customize as needed.

Also, I know there are some of you I haven't gotten back to recently on support issues. Trying to write and support a software product in your spare time isn't easy! I'll try to answer your questions shortly, but I'm trying to put my time into programming QBI right now, as answering all the support questions can sometimes take up hours a day!

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by adam5532

I'm still having same problem from way back from post #249 & #250

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=127893&st=249

IE just hangs, FF returns this error:

Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page.

Has anyone figured out what the problem there is?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ciraklizer

I'm still having same problem from way back from post #249 & #250

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=127893&st=249

IE just hangs, FF returns this error:

Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page.

Has anyone figured out what the problem there is?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ciraklizer

1) Make sure you have installed the files for the latest version, 2.10b

2) Make sure your link in the osC box goes to qbi_create.php (I'm seeing qbi_db.php in your posted page source)

3) Make sure that the table definitions are correctly inserted into admin/includes/database_tables.php

4) Try going straight to www.yourdomain.com/catalog/admin/qbi_create.php or qbi_config.php

The redirection problem is because it is going into an endless loop. Whenever a page of qbi loads, it checks that the database version and the program versions match, and that the configuration has been set to active. If not, it directs you to the proper page to update the database or configuration. It is having trouble getting past this point due to some error and is repeatedly loading this part.

If all else fails, go to admin/catalog/includes/qbi_version.php, and comment out lines 33 to 40 (leave only the "define" line). The go into your database, check that qbi_config_ver has the correct version number (note that 2.10b should just say 2.10), and set qbi_config_active to 1 if it isn't already. This disables the checking system and will avoid the endless loop. Let me know if this works. If it doesn't, then there is still a problem -- probably it can't find the database tables. Make sure there is no typo or ";" missing in the database_tables.php file where you instered the QBI table info.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I moved on and installed QBI v2.10b into my production server. USPS IIF imports to Quickbooks 2005 show up correctly. My Flat Rate and UPS both show "Method not set". Would you be able to help me with the work around editing the DB as you had mentoned previously? Your help is much appreciated.

Joe

Joe,

First, make sure you have already done Set Up: Shipping and Match: Shipping.

Then, using phpMyAdmin or similar, look your db tables. Go to the table ot_total, and find an order that is having a problem. Find the line where the field "class" says "ot_shipping". Then, go to the field "title" for that row. It will say something like, "United Parcel Service (1 x 0.84lbs) (Ground):" Do the same for one of your flat rate orders.

Now, go to the tale qbi_shiposc. Find the line for the shipping method you are revising. Look at qbi_shiposc_car_text and qbi_shiposc_serv_text. For the example above, this should say "United Parcel Service" and "Ground" (the service is in the parenthesis). If not, correct it. For example, if it says "UPS Ground" instead of just "Ground" it needs to be changed. You'll need to do this for each language that you have installed, so there may be two or more lines for each shipping method. The service can be left blank if there is no service.

Thanks,

Adam