• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Arrgh! Newbie startup probs. I've beat my head against the wall for days on this and really would appreciate some help.

When using the QBI panel buttons to download current orders I keep getting permission errors as shown below even though my admin / qbi_output directory chmode is 777 and the admin / qbi_input directory is chmode is 755:

Warning: fopen(qbi_output/error_log_orders.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/Mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/qbi_functions.php on line 612

Warning: fopen(qbi_output/qbi_orders.iif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/Mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/qbi_engine_orders.php on line 58

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/Mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/qbi_engine_orders.php on line 357

and so on?

When I try the Create iff command in the QBI control panel nothing seems to happen.

The error_log_orders.txt, qbi_orders.iif, qbi_prod.iif all appear unchanged from July 20, even though orders are being generated.

Thanks

TimC.

Arrgh! Newbie startup probs. I've beat my head against the wall for days on this and really would appreciate some help. 

When using the QBI panel buttons to download current orders I keep getting permission errors as shown below even though my admin / qbi_output directory chmode is 777 and the admin / qbi_input directory is chmode is 755:

Warning: fopen(qbi_output/error_log_orders.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/Mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/qbi_functions.php on line 612

Warning: fopen(qbi_output/qbi_orders.iif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/Mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/qbi_engine_orders.php on line 58

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/Mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/qbi_engine_orders.php on line 357

and so on?

When I try the Create iff command in the QBI control panel nothing seems to happen.

The error_log_orders.txt, qbi_orders.iif, qbi_prod.iif all appear unchanged from July 20, even though orders are being generated.

Thanks

TimC.

So you were able to use it at one time, up through July 20th? Did you change anything at that time? It would seem that this isn't an issue with QBI itself but is a server permissions error.

Make sure that the files as well as the directories are set to be writable.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello all,

I tried to search in this forum for my problem but could not find it.

I am a newbie on QBI and Quickbooks. I installed QBI in my OSC store. I set up a new empty company in QB and changed most of the settings to my needs. There are still no items(products) in QB. When i try to import all my 1500 OSC products to QB items with a qbi_products.iif file the import runs OK but the prices are wrong in QB.

e.g.: a price of 24.99 in OSC is imported as 2499,00 in QB, a price of 295.5 in OSC is imported as 2955,00 in QB.

It seems QB has problems with the decimal seperator in OSC

Anyone can help me with this?

I am using QB enterprise 2005 and QBI version 2.10

You can check the prices in the qbi_products.iif file by opening it in Excel to see if the problem is in creating the iif file or is when it imports into QB. I see you are writing the prices using a comma instead of a period as the decimal separator. Is your store, your operating system, or Quickbooks set to a country or currency format that uses commas instead of periods to separate the decimal? I suspect that this is the problem. QBI presently is only designed to work with US versions of QB.

Thanks,

Adam

So you were able to use it at one time, up through July 20th? Did you change anything at that time? It would seem that this isn't an issue with QBI itself but is a server permissions error.

Make sure that the files as well as the directories are set to be writable.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks for being kind enough to reply.

Yes, we got some test setups. There was an Associations contribution added but I can't recollect whether the errors started at that time.

Does "Make sure that the files ...are writable" mean that the error_log_orders.txt, qbi_orders.iif, qbi_prod.iif files in the qbi_output directory should have a chmode of 777? I did make these changes but nothing seemed affected and no result occured using the Create command.

Thanks again

tim c.

Those are commands that you need to enter into a mySQL command prompt.  If your site is hosted and you don't have access to your mySQL command prompt, then they probably gave you a PHPMyAdmin tool that you can enter the command in.

Let me know if you can't figure it out.

Thank you for your reply. but i still cannot figure this out :blush:

Thank you for your reply. but i still cannot figure this out  :blush:

You might try following the instructions to do a clean uninstall, and then try reinstalling QBI, making sure each step is followed. The database should be set up correctly automatically when you install QBI.

If you have changed the name of the orders table from its default "orders," or added a prefix, then this would cause problems.

Thanks,

Adam

You might try following the instructions to do a clean uninstall, and then try reinstalling QBI, making sure each step is followed. The database should be set up correctly automatically when you install QBI.

If you have changed the name of the orders table from its default "orders," or added a prefix, then this would cause problems.

Thanks,

Adam

Thank you adam, ill do that. however,

a) Delete the table qbi_config (the other tables don?t need to be deleted as they will be deleted and then replaced during the database installation).

B) Delete the field qbi_imported from the orders table.

c) Delete the field qbi_imported from the products table.

are these file/lines can be found in database_table.php?

Thank you

Thank you adam, ill do that. however,

a) Delete the table qbi_config (the other tables don?t need to be deleted as they will be deleted and then replaced during the database installation).

are these file/lines can be found in database_table.php?

Thank you

No. You need to access your MySQL database directly to make these changes to the tables and fields. There should be some utility provided by your web host, like phpMyAdmin, to access your database.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for a wonderful contribution and support! I'm hoping you can help me with cross-contribution issue. (groan...) I'm using QT Pro to keep track of stock by attributes in OSC.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,888

This contribution lets you assign attributes that are NOT associated with stock. For example, I have gift wrapping (yes, no) as an attribute, which doesn't affect my stock. So, when I export my products from OSC via iif file to Quickbooks, the items get listed WITHOUT the non-stock attributes (which is exactly what I want). This happens automatically in QBI without any manipulation from me. But when I get a sale, the sales receipt records the item WITH the non-stock attribute, doesn't find it in Quickbooks, and then creates a new item with gift wrap as a subitem.

I tried to do a manual match via the QBI interface, but gift wrap is a 3rd attribute (there are only 2 associated with stock), so alas, the matching doesn't work out. I can't match Item:Gift Wrap on the OSC side to any of the Item:Subitem:Subitems on the Quickbooks side.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your insight,

Adrienne

Hey, I just want to say thank you for this contribution. I am experiencing a bug...

I uploaded all my files, then I go to the page qb_about.php, which gives me a form button to install the QBI tables... I do this, and then it says:

Now you must go to the configuration page.

I click on that link, which I see in the status bar should take me to qbi_config.php, but it just takes me back to qbi_db.php?db_ver=0.00&qbi_vers=2.10

I added the following code to the .sql file you provided to delete the column qbi_imported from products and orders table because if not I could not proceed.

ALTER TABLE `orders` DROP `qbi_imported`;
ALTER TABLE `products` DROP `qbi_imported`;

Anyway, I can't get to the next step. I tried to see if I could find where it "redirects" me in your code, but to no avail. That way I can bypass it I figure. Any help greatly appreciated. As I type this, the thoughts that I don't have SSL on the admin directory come to my mind, and I will try to see if that is the problem. Thanks.

I click on that link, which I see in the status bar should take me to qbi_config.php, but it just takes me back to qbi_db.php?db_ver=0.00&qbi_vers=2.10

Anyway, I can't get to the next step.  I tried to see if I could find where it "redirects" me in your code, but to no avail.  That way I can bypass it I figure.  Any help greatly appreciated.  As I type this, the thoughts that I don't have SSL on the admin directory come to my mind, and I will try to see if that is the problem. Thanks.

This happens on rare occasions, but I haven't identified yet exactly what the cause is. One person had different domain names for their non-secure and SSL roots, which apparently caused a problem.

If the tables are actually all installed correctly, then go to the table qbi_config and field qbi_config_active and change it from 0 to 1.

But a return to the database installation page normally indicates that the qbi_config table (and probably the others as well) does not exist, as this is what the program checks for. If the tables are installed, but not made active yet, then you get redirected to the configuration page to set up the options.

One possible cause is if you forget to put all the database table names in the osC database file as indicated in the QBI installation instructions.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for a wonderful contribution and support!  I'm hoping you can help me with cross-contribution issue.  (groan...)  I'm using QT Pro to keep track of stock by attributes in OSC. 

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,888

This contribution lets you assign attributes that are NOT associated with stock...

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your insight,

Adrienne

I'm going to have to look at this again later when I have more time to understand what you are doing!

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by adam5532

Hi All,

I've been really busy lately, but progress is happening! I am pretty much re-writing QBI using OOP, so that all the requested and needed features (international versions, iif and xml output, ports to other shopping carts) can be incorporated in a managable and maintainable way. So, it will be a while more, but I haven't forgotten about you!

The current version is quite stable. The only bug is in the sales tax rounding, so follow the small bug fix described in a previous post if you haven't already.

Thanks,

Adam

Please can you help?

Start:

Quickbooks Import QBI

Install QBI database tables for version 2.10?

Next:

Quickbooks Import QBI

Database table installation successfull.

Now you must go to the configuration page.

Next:

Quickbooks Import QBI

Install QBI database tables for version 2.10?

Next:

Quickbooks Import QBI

1060 - Duplicate column name 'qbi_imported'

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `qbi_imported` TINYINT(2) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '2' NOT NULL;

[TEP STOP]

I have tried:

:'(

Edited by w1ngl

Please can you help?

:'(

The program is unable to find the qbi_config table, so it thinks that the database has not been installed.

Make sure that you have put all the table names in the osC file admin/includes/database_tables.php

as instructed in section 2i of the installation instructions.

Thanks,

Adam

I am using QuickBooks Pro (UK version) and I cannot import Bill Payments, via IIF, with transaction type BILLPMT.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you solve it?

I would REALLY appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

QBI does NOT work with anything but US versions of Quickbooks! I'm working hard on adding the ability to work with other versions, but it will be a while longer.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi, thanks for the contribution.

I installed QBI and successfully added customers and also products. But when I tried to import orders into quickbooks it would keep saying "cannot add blank line"

I changed my "import orders with status" from any to Delivery but it still would do the same thing.

Any ideas?

thanks

Phil

I have been using QBI for a while and it works great, thanks Adam!

But I have run into a problem on my last round of adding some attributes to some products. Here are the steps I took:

- I went into QuickBooks and added the products I needed.

- I then exported the item list and imported it into QBI.

- Added the attributes to the products in osc

- Matched the new attributes to the correct QuickBook items in QBI

Now when I just created the iif for my latest orders the new items with attributes don't have an account assiciated with them in the iif. I looked over my matches and I even looked in the database and everything looks fine. Are there any pointers that someone can suggest as to where to look?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi, thanks for the contribution.

I installed QBI and successfully added customers and also products.  But when I tried to import orders into quickbooks it would keep saying "cannot add blank line"

I changed my "import orders with status" from any to Delivery but it still would do the same thing. 

Any ideas?

thanks

Phil

Did it give a line number in the error message?

Email me the iif file and I will take a look at it for you.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello,

first off is this the correct way to post a message for qbi support?

Okay, I have been a quickbooks user for years and a OScommerce users for a few months.

This looks like the best contribution I have ever seen, and as soon as I get it fully operation I plan on making a nice donation to the creaters.

Okay, -- Here are the problems I am facing.

When I go to import orders I get the following message. -- " Quickbooks has detected that one of your items does not have an account associated with it. Go to the item List to make sure all items are accociated with accounts"

----- okay, well if this is refering to my items in quickbooks already - they all have accounts associated with them..

When I go to import products it starts to upload the file, and freezes on 2%.

--only thing I can do is close the program.

------ here are some of my issues that I think may need fixing.

I have about 3500 active products in oscommerce, - and about 3550 in quickbooks, 3500 identical from oscommerce, and a few extra. ---- I do not know if this would cause a problem, -- also I did not match any of these products, I do not think I would have to. is that correct?

I charge sales tax to New York State residents only, currently it is setup properly in oscommerce, how do I match that with quickbooks, (what do I modify in quickbooks?)

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions. I really would benefit alot from this contribution, and hope that I can get it working correctly.

Thank you,

Mark

I have a quick question. This may be more of a Quickbooks question but i'll ask anyway.

We got the mod working after some tweaking (which works fantastically) and ran into a problem. Our online purchases get deposited directy into our bank account via our merchant service. My problem is i've got all these orders imported, but i'm duplicating my sales by reporting the orders from QBI and the money from our merchant services. I can't figure out what the best way is to keep both my merchant deposit records and sales transactions without duplicating sales.

Thanks again for this great contribution!