• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Hi Gazzzzzza,

Unfortunately there is a lot of difference between Quick Books US and UK versions, as I have found out, the main differences are in the way the data structure for the databases are setup, the main problems being the datalayout for tax in the US and VAT in the UK, in the US different States have different tax rates, it could be 7% in one but only 5% in another, in UK as you pointed out we only have 1 @ 17.5%, found this snippet while searching for answers.

First US version of salesreceiptline data structure, dealing with tax

ItemSalesTaxRefListID 	 Varchar 	 36 	 True 	 False 	 True 	 No 	 String 	 
Yes
ItemSalesTaxRefFullName  Varchar  31  True  False  True  No  String  
SalesTaxPercentage  Decimal  13  True  False  False  N/A  %7.5f  
SalesTaxTotal  Decimal  11  True  False  False  N/A  %8.2f  
TotalAmount  Decimal  11  True  False  False  N/A  %8.2f

Now the UK, I belive the equivilent is this

Tax1Total 	 Decimal 	 11 	 True 	 False 	 True 	 No 	 %8.2f 	 
Tax2Total  Decimal  11  True  False  True  No  %8.2f  
ExchangeRate  Decimal  13  True  False  True  No  %6.6f  
AmountIncludesVAT  Bit  5  True  False  True  No  |1|0|true|false|

From Adams posts his next release should contain UK/European compatability, I have talked with several people from UK about the availability of SDK for UK version of Quickbooks, but it look as though Intuit are NOT going to release one, as program support for the the iif format is getting less, it looks like QBXML will take over, but again here in the UK we'll be the last to get an SDK if at all.

It may sound a bit downer :D but that happens when you've been waiting over a year for Intuit UK to release an SDK, US has release i think 3 versions of the US SDK in that time, in the end I suppose its all down to money, and whether they deam it profitable to release one in the UK.

So I'm just waiting for the next release of Adams contrib, that should have the long awaited UK support.

All the best

Andy :thumbsup:

------------------------

Cheers for the reply djs

I began working with Quickbooks Pro 2001  :D

But now I am working with QuickBooks Pro Edition 2004.

I am based in England so it may be a slightly different version but I cannot imagine they would differ that much??! Do you guys have knowledge of that?

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

I hear ya... I would have thought it was simply a 'number' for the tax rate as well, which you would think would make Quickbooks easier to maintain, test, release. Apparently, there is a LOT more to it than that.

I usually like the simple answer (tax is tax is tax) but being a realist, if this was true, then it would work, and politicians would be out of part of their job :)

Dan

Cheers for the reply djs

I began working with Quickbooks Pro 2001  :D

But now I am working with QuickBooks Pro Edition 2004.

I am based in England so it may be a slightly different version but I cannot imagine they would differ that much??! Do you guys have knowledge of that?

The tax rate in England is always 17.5% but this is merely a number I thought. Surely this could be different for each user? It is programmed into the database so why should it make a difference?

Surely the equations are the same, but with a different number within the equation?

Any suggestions on what I can change? I think I have tried pretty much all of the available options through the contribution admin panel with no success. I'm open to trying most things!  :blink:

Dan Stevens

Wow thanks for the info. Doesn't look promising does it :'(

Any chance we could use that code you just posted (the IIF examples) and possibly modify the tax exporter bit to write the UK 'style' IIF instead of the USA one (just for the tax part of the IIF)? To be honest I do not really understand Quickbooks myself but I'm not bad with PHP so maybe if I could actually understand what needs to be worked out/outputted from where then I could do this (with your help of course!).

The other option I guess would be to not include tax? But would that error also because some of my totals from the shop would contain VAT? Or would it just ignore the VAT and continue on happily?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a program that OSC orders can be imported into successfully? In England ;) That is not going to break the bank....

and cool your from Hull volumax - I'm living in Scarboro...small world isn't it

Edited by gazzzzzza

always here to offer some useless advice....

Hi Gazzzzzza,

(Another long post)

Adams contrib is as I said the one i am waiting for, simply because of all that it can do, I think he is still on holiday (well deserved after all his work). All I can say if its worth waiting for, (which it is) wait for it if you can.

Thought you were scarbro from the sample iif's you posted, the bits for US and UK were just a few lines, there are more lines :blink: in the file.

in your post you put this from the iif

!TRNS TRNSID TRNSTYPE DATE ACCNT NAME CLASS AMOUNT DOCNUM MEMO CLEAR TOPRINT ADDR1 ADDR2 ADDR3

Headers that tell QB during import where to stuff the info, the thing is that the snips of the db structure if found for uk I cant be sure if you just use them as is or not with there being no support from QB UK, unless you pay i think its about ?300 for the support package, so they can say yes or no.

I think starting with 2004 Pro (might be 2005 pro), they added QBXML which made things a lot easier, but a again it uses field name as the tags in xml to tell QB where to put it.

Found this in a US contrib.

echo "<CustomerAddRq>" .
"<CustomerAdd>" . 
     "<Name>" . trim($order->customer['name']) . "</Name>" .
     "<IsActive>1</IsActive>" .
     "<CompanyName>" . trim($order->customer['company']) . "</CompanyName>" .
     "<Salutation>" . trim($orders['customers_gender']) . "</Salutation>" .
     "<FirstName>" . trim($orders['customers_firstname']) . "</FirstName>" .
     "<MiddleName></MiddleName>" .
     "<LastName>" . trim($orders['customers_lastname']) . "</LastName>" .
     "<Suffix></Suffix>" .
     "<BillAddress>" .
       "<Addr1>" . trim($order->customer['name']) . "</Addr1>" .
       "<Addr2>" . trim($order->billing['street_address']) . "</Addr2>" .
       "<Addr3></Addr3>" .
       "<Addr4></Addr4>" .
       "<City>" . trim($order->billing['city']) . "</City>" .
       "<Province>" . trim($order->billing['state']) . "</Province>" .
       "<PostalCode>" . trim($order->billing['postcode']) . "</PostalCode>" .
       "<Country>" . trim($order->billing['country']) . "</Country>" . 
     "</BillAddress>" .
     "<ShipAddress>" .
       "<Addr1>" . trim($order->customer['name']) . "</Addr1>" .
       "<Addr2>". trim($order->delivery['street_address']) . "</Addr2>" .
       "<Addr3></Addr3>" .
       "<Addr4></Addr4>" .
       "<City>" . trim($order->delivery['city']) . "</City>" .
       "<Province>" . trim($order->delivery['state']) . "</Province>" .
       "<PostalCode>" . trim($order->delivery['postcode']) . "</PostalCode>" .
       "<Country>" . trim($order->delivery['country']) . "</Country>" . 
     "</ShipAddress>" .
     "<Phone>" . trim($order->customer['telephone']) . "</Phone>" . 
     "<Mobile></Mobile>" . 
     "<Pager></Pager>" .
     "<AltPhone></AltPhone>" . 
     "<Fax>" . trim($orders['customers_fax']) . "</Fax>" . 
     "<Email>" . trim($order->customer['email_address']) . "</Email>" .
     "<Contact>" . trim($order->customer['name']) . "</Contact>" .
     "<CurrencyRef>" .
          "<FullName>" .
            $currency_name .
       "</FullName>" .
        "</CurrencyRef>" .
   "</CustomerAdd>" .
   "</CustomerAddRq>";

this is for the US version again, field name are again in places different, but there also key tags for QB, basically as far as i can see, the <CustomerAddRq></CustomerAddRq> sends/issues a request to QB to add a Customer, within that the <CustomerAdd></CustomerAdd> contains the data to add, each one tagged to the appropriate field in the DB.

Then follows the xml for each of the product lines, as a sales receiptline, one for each item on the invoice.

Once the code has run then output the QBXML file, you would use "qbXML Test+" utility from QB XML US SDK to import the file into QB.

I am not an accountant nor programmer (can get round php, sql pretty well...), for me it would be a huge task and alot of it would be guess work, thats why i aint tried it :)

Here endeth the ramblings :D

regards

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

I already spoke to intuit about XML. Guess what...they are not releasing the Quickbooks version with XML support in the UK. Bunch of muppets. They are debating whether it would be worth releasing it and if they do it is likely to be next year. How ridiculous! So we get stuck with IIF. I found another contribution which exports to allow input using XML but it is for the canadian version unfortunately, thats what lead me to contact Intuit about XML. O and we cannot import a foreign version either cos the tax is all setup differently. Great huh :angry:

Has anyone heard from Adam about a likely release date for the next version of this contribution? It sounds like it will be just the job! You are right about a well deserved holiday though-I can't believe he is still replying to these posts after 30 odds pages of posting!

always here to offer some useless advice....

Hey everyone,

I found an error when importing sales receipts. Apparently, the 2nd address line is not being imported if you do sales receipts, but it does import if you use invoices. Has anyone else found this to be true? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Also, all of my products have attributes, but I have modified my store so that each attribute has it's own unique price, weight, cost, inventory amt, etc. The reason I did this is because I sell for example a liquid product, and it comes in a pint size, quart size, gallon size, etc, and all of those I consider comletely different products. So it's almost as if I've created a system where there is one "MASTER product" and then "slave products" under the master one. What I'm wondering is if these will input just fine into Quicbooks as items and subitems?

Each product has several attributes (or "sub-products") but I think it only goes one level deep.

Hey everyone,

I found an error when importing sales receipts.  Apparently, the 2nd address line is not being imported if you do sales receipts, but it does import if you use invoices.  Has anyone else found this to be true?  Any ideas on how to fix it?

I will check this out.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello

I have follow instruction to install QuickBooks.

I don?t know what I am doing wrong. But I get this error when I click QuickBooks Import QBI under my Catalog.

1054 - Unknown column 'qbi_imported' in 'where clause'

SELECT COUNT(*), MIN(orders_id), MAX(orders_id), MIN(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(date_purchased)) as date_min, MAX(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(date_purchased)) as date_max FROM orders WHERE qbi_imported='0'

[TEP STOP]

What did I do wrong =)

Thank you

Hello

I have follow instruction to install QuickBooks.

I don?t know what I am doing wrong. But I get this error when I click QuickBooks Import QBI under my Catalog.

1054 - Unknown column 'qbi_imported' in 'where clause'

SELECT COUNT(*), MIN(orders_id), MAX(orders_id), MIN(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(date_purchased)) as date_min, MAX(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(date_purchased)) as date_max FROM orders WHERE qbi_imported='0'

[TEP STOP]

What did I do wrong =)

Thank you

Part of the install process requires that you modify the orders table. You should make sure that you ran the update script that came with QBI. If you did, the column should be there.

Type

desc orders

and see if the qbi_imported column is in that table. If not, you should be able to add it with.

Alter table orders add qbi_imported int

I also think that it has a default value of 0, but at the moment, I can't remeber the exact syntax to set a default when adding a column.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

the command is

Alter table orders add column (qbi_imported int not null default 0);

if you want null to be left the obviosuly do not insert the 'not null' bit

Actually, you want to set the default to 2 when you create the column, then immediately change the default to 0. This will cause all existing orders to be set to 2 and any new orders to be set to 0, so that the first time you use QBI it won't show all your previous orders as new orders. You can also use tinyint to save space, since only one digit is needed.

If everything is installed correctly, this should have happened automatically.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello all,

I am new to this thread and I have ran into an error. I had already ran into the tax round up error and made the mod, but after that I get this error.

You cannot associate an item with Sales Tax Payable, undeposited funds, accounts receivable, accounts payable, non-posting accounts, or suspense accounts. Usually, if you sell the item, use an income account; if you buy it, use an expense account.

This is a US quickbooks version 2005.

Below is the LOG:

Quickbooks Import QBI Error Log

QBI Version: 2.10

Date/Time: Aug 19, 2005 04:47:24 PM

Default Language Name: en

Default Language ID: 1

Configuration:

QBI

Quickbooks version: 2003

Download iif: 1

Product rows dispayed: 25

Products dropdown sort order: 0

Products dropdown width: 48

Products dropdown width: 1

Orders

Import orders with status: 1

Update status: 1

Change CC order status to: 2

Change check/mo status to: 2

Send status email: 1

Delete credit card number: 1

Customers

Customer number (business): %C10W-%I

Customer number (residence): %F10W %L10W-%I

Customer limit: 0

Customer type:

Use state codes: 1

Include local country: 1

Include company and contact: 1

Invoices

Invoice account: Accounts Receivable

Sales Receipt account: Undeposited Funds

Invoice number: %I

Invoice/Sales Receipt 'PO Number': %I

Invoice to print: 1

Invoice terms paid online: Due on receipt

Invoice terms not prepaid: Due on receipt

Invoice rep: Online Sale

Invoice fob:

Include customer comments: 1

Customer message: THANK YOU!  WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

Invoice memo:

Items

Item income account: Inventory Asset

Item asset account: Inventory Asset

Item class:

COGS account: Cost of Goods Sold

Description language: 0

Match inventory: 1

Match non-inventory: 0

Match services: 0

Use default item: 0

Default name:

Import type: 0

Shipping

Shipping name:

Shipping description:

Shipping account:

Shipping class:

Shipping taxable: 0

Taxes

Tax turned on: 1

Tax name: Florida Tax

Tax agency: IRS

Tax rate: 0

Use tax name table: 0

Payments

Import payments: 2

Payment memo: Online Shopping Cart Payment

And here is the Order:

!CUST NAME BADDR1 BADDR2 BADDR3 BADDR4 BADDR5 SADDR1 SADDR2 SADDR3 SADDR4 SADDR5 PHONE1 PHONE2 FAXNUM EMAIL NOTE CONT1 CONT2 CTYPE TERMS TAXABLE TAXITEM LIMIT RESALENUM REP COMPANYNAME SALUTATION FIRSTNAME LASTNAME

CUST John Smith-15 John Smith 111 Falls Bridge Way Boca Raton FL 33428 United States  John Smith 111 Falls Bridge Way Boca Raton FL 33428 United States  000-000-0000  [email protected]  John Smith  Due on receipt Y Florida Tax  Online Sale  Jason Schneider

!TRNS TRNSID TRNSTYPE DATE ACCNT NAME CLASS AMOUNT DOCNUM MEMO CLEAR TOPRINT ADDR1 ADDR2 ADDR3 ADDR4 ADDR5 SADDR1 SADDR2 SADDR3 SADDR4 SADDR5 NAMEISTAXABLE TERMS SHIPVIA REP FOB INVMEMO PAYMETH PONUM

!SPL SPLID TRNSTYPE DATE ACCNT NAME CLASS AMOUNT DOCNUM MEMO CLEAR QNTY PRICE INVITEM TAXABLE PAYMETHOD EXTRA           

!ENDTRNS                           

TRNS  INVOICE 8/19/2005 Accounts Receivable John Smith-15  201.29 1002  N Y John Smith 111 Falls Bridge Way Boca Raton FL 33428 United States  John Smith 111 Falls Bridge Way Boca Raton FL 33428 United States  Y Due on receipt Method not set Online Sale  THANK YOU!  WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS! Check 1002

SPL  INVOICE 8/19/2005 Inventory Asset  -189  Secrets de L'Amour N -1 189 WP:AG1098BOU-30 Y             

SPL  INVOICE 8/19/2005      N                 

SPL  INVOICE 8/19/2005    0  N -1 0  N             

SPL  INVOICE 8/19/2005 Sales Tax Payable IRS  -12.29  N  6.50% PALM BEACH, FL Sales Tax: N  AUTOSTAX           

ENDTRNS

Thanks,

Gheorghe.

Hello all,

I am new to this thread and I have ran into an error. I had already ran into the tax round up error and made the mod, but after that I get this error.

This is a US quickbooks version 2005.

Below is the LOG:

And here is the Order:

Thanks,

Gheorghe.

Items

Item income account: Inventory Asset

Item asset account: Inventory Asset

You have both item accounts set for Inventory Asset, which is not correct. The "Item Income Account" needs to be an income account.

Open one of your items and look what you have set for the Income Account. You'll also notice that Quickbooks will not let you set it to "Inventory Asset."

If you use different income accounts, QBI will use these for items that are matched. But for items that are not matched, it needs to know what income account to use.

Thanks,

Adam

Hey Adam,

I chaged Item income account: Sales Income

and in quickbooks the Item is Sales Income.

I still though get the same error.

I created a new QB company file, and i didnt insert any items or tax etc. and when I imported the orders.iif it went with no problem, and inserted the Tax the item, the order etc...

The problem is that the QB company file (original one) it has a lot of information in there so I cannot start from scratch. Can it be other settings that I might have missed?

Also, I did not match the items(1500 roughly), but in my quickbooks the items are:

WP:ItemName

So i didnt want to go through 1500 roughly products and match each one. the workaround was, I edited the:

\admin\includes\qbi_engine_orders.php

and around line 182

$prod_model=$myrowop["products_model"];

I replaced with:

$prod_model="WP:" . $myrowop["products_model"];

as I will never have any options to my shopping cart items.

This works fine when I import the orders.iif file to my new company QB, and it creates the item part of the WP category..

Is there anything else that i might need to try or

Did i confuse you? :)

Thanks,

Gheorghe

Part of the install process requires that you modify the orders table.  You should make sure that you ran the update script that came with QBI.  If you did, the column should be there.

Type

desc orders

and see if the qbi_imported column is in that table.  If not, you should be able to add it with.

Alter table orders add qbi_imported int

I also think that it has a default value of 0, but at the moment, I can't remeber the exact syntax to set a default when adding a column.

Thank you for your reply.

Just 1 question. where do i have to go to change these settings=)?

cannot find qbi_imported

Thank you

Thank you for your reply.

Just 1 question. where do i have to go to change these settings=)?

cannot find qbi_imported

Thank you

Those are commands that you need to enter into a mySQL command prompt. If your site is hosted and you don't have access to your mySQL command prompt, then they probably gave you a PHPMyAdmin tool that you can enter the command in.

Let me know if you can't figure it out.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Hello,

One quick question, when I import a previous batch of orders, if the orders exists already it creates another invoice with the same order number... SO the client would have 2 invoices exactly identical, and now the customers ballance just doubled.

EG:

INV 1003 $200.34

INV 1003 $200.34

Is there any way we can stop double invoicing?

Thanks,

Gheorghe.

Hello,

One quick question, when I import a previous batch of orders, if the orders exists already it creates another invoice with the same order number... SO the client would have 2 invoices exactly identical, and now the customers ballance just doubled.

EG:

INV 1003  $200.34

INV 1003  $200.34

Is there any way we can stop double invoicing?

Thanks,

Gheorghe.

The iif import system in Quickbooks does not check for existing orders -- if the order exists and you import it again, it will create a duplicate.

There is normally though no reason to import the previous batch of orders. That feature of QBI is provided only to use in special cases, such as where the Internet connection fails during download, or you need to change a configuration setting of QBI and create the import file again. In normal use you should never need to import previous orders. If you are experimenting with setting up QBI, it may be a good idea for you to create a copy of your QB company file to experiment with until you get everything working properly.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello,

Thanks for that clarification.

There are a couple of issues that i would like to bring up, if there are any settings that I need to change or any code that i need to change.

1. When importing an order in QB, it imports another Line on the invocie with the quantity "1" and no Item code or description ; Price "0.00" ; ammount "0.00" and tax "non".

2. The shipping method is set to Method Not Set, even tough I matched the shipping (flat rate) with the one in QB; and when click ship, The whole address is imported in the Address line, and the state, zip are left empty.

Thanks,

Gheorghe.

Hello,

There are a couple of issues that i would like to bring up, if there are any settings that I need to change or any code that i need to change.

1. When importing an order in QB, it imports another Line on the invocie with the quantity "1" and no Item code or description ; Price "0.00" ; ammount "0.00" and tax "non".

Don't know why that is happening. Please email me the iif file and I will take a look at it.

2. The shipping method is set to Method Not Set, even tough I matched the shipping (flat rate) with the one in QB;

Please email me screen shots of your Setup: Shipping and Match: Shipping screens. Also, go into your database with phpMyAdmin or such, look at the order_total table, find one of the last listings that says ot_shipping in the class field, and tell me what it says in the title field. I suspect that the text is not exactly the same.

and when click ship, The whole address is imported in the Address line, and the state, zip are left empty.

Thanks,

Gheorghe.

Make sure that the QBI config is set for the correct version of QB. Also, please email me your iif file and I will check that it is correct.

Thanks,

Adam

Don't know why that is happening. Please email me the iif file and I will take a look at it.

I emailed you the file.

Please email me screen shots of your Setup: Shipping and Match: Shipping screens. Also, go into your database with phpMyAdmin or such, look at the order_total table, find one of the last listings that says ot_shipping in the class field, and tell me what it says in the title field. I suspect that the text is not exactly the same.

ot_total.gif

qbi_shipmatch.gif

qbi_ship.gif

In the text field i have pretty much same thing as the value?

Make sure that the QBI config is set for the correct version of QB. Also, please email me your iif file and I will check that it is correct.

Let me know if the qbi_orders.iif file that I emailed you is enough to go on.

Thanks,

Gheorghe.

Edited by codemedia

Hello,

This would normally be the shipping line, and I see that you are not charging anything for shipping. Do you have shipping set up properly in the QBI configuration screen? This sets up the shipping charge on the invoice. The Setup and Match shipping are to display the correct shipping method in the Ship Via field on the invoice. They are completely separate things and both need to be set up.

The fact that the shipping charge is zero may be part ofthe problem. On orders where you charge shipping, does it import properly?

... and when click ship, The whole address is imported in the Address line, and the state, zip are left empty.

Thanks,

Gheorghe.

Everything looks fine in the iif as far as the address goes. The city, state, and zip are on separate on address line 3. In QB, click on "Address Details" under the billing and shipping addresses to check that the fields have populated correctly.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello,

Open the file catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php

Check that you have a line in the file as follows:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE', 'Flat Rate');

Yes i have the line in as shown above.

In QB we set up items for shipping (other charge) so that extra line fills in properly with the new Shipping Item we inserted, problem solved.

The "via" shipping method is still set as "Method not set".

The address details shows properly, but I think the issue comes up when click on shipping manager it imports all the customer address in one line. So this might be something in QB as the address does get imported properly as we can see in "Address Details".

Thanks,

Gheorghe.

Hello all,

I tried to search in this forum for my problem but could not find it.

I am a newbie on QBI and Quickbooks. I installed QBI in my OSC store. I set up a new empty company in QB and changed most of the settings to my needs. There are still no items(products) in QB. When i try to import all my 1500 OSC products to QB items with a qbi_products.iif file the import runs OK but the prices are wrong in QB.

e.g.: a price of 24.99 in OSC is imported as 2499,00 in QB, a price of 295.5 in OSC is imported as 2955,00 in QB.

It seems QB has problems with the decimal seperator in OSC

Anyone can help me with this?

I am using QB enterprise 2005 and QBI version 2.10