• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

QBI Quickbooks Import aims to be the ultimate tool for tranferring you osC sales into Quickbooks.

Please add onto this thread for support issues and I will address them as soon as possible. - Adam Liberman

I will add the link to the contribution in the next post.

Features:

a) Imports new invoices and new customers in one iif file

B) Imports payments with invoices or as sales receipts

c) Can go back and reimport previous invoices

d) Can import all customers or products

e) Converts osC products to QB item groups

f) Converts osC products with attributes to separate QB items

g) Converts osC products with attributes to QB sub-items

h) Converts any osC product to a QB item with a different name

i) Converts osC shipping methods to QB shipping names

j) Configurable for QB with sales tax turned on or off

k) Creates unique QB customer names

l) Almost no alteration of osC files

m) Multilingual interface

n) Invoice description language options

o) Converts essential data to default store language

p) No file editing needed -- all settings done in a graphical interface

q) Configuration saved in a database table making upgrades easy

r) Table creation is automatic after installation

s) Table updates are automatic when new versions are installed

t) Sanitizes data to avoid iif file errors

u) Strips blank lines and line feeds in addresses for proper importing to different QB versions

v) Shows country name only for foreign orders (option)

w) Changes state/province names to postal codes (option)

x) Adds customer comments to invoices (option)

y) Updates status and sends emails to customers (option)

z) Deletes credit card numbers (option)

Hi Adam and others...

I was previously following the other thread, and am glad to see this contibution released. However I have a couple questions. If this is not a good place to post this, feel free to IM or e-mail me through the forum to keep the thread on track. However some answers may help me as well as others looking at this as well.

Let me start by saying I am NOT YET a quickbooks user. I am opening a new store (have been doing ecommerce since '96) and am configuring a new osCommerce store, but am going to be required by some of my vendors to have an actual storefront... which will be a whole new animal. (I have been working in a retail for 12+ years)

I found the original quickbooks contrib as I was researching different financial software, seeing what will work with osCommerce. Since Quickbooks is affordable, and also seems to work with osCommerce thanks to contibutions like this, I am going to go that route. However.... I will also be using some quickbooks add-ons like POS.

Hence, my questions are more quickbooks related than contibution related. So....

If I create my inventory within osC, and get the ecommerce part running, THEN install quickbooks, will the inventory get imported correctly into quickbooks?

OR... vice/versa. Can I create the inventory in quickbooks, then be able to upload inventory status to osC. ?(possibly using a different contibution)

Since I will also be running a storefront, and inventory will be taken from the same place, I'll need to make sure the the store AND osC inventories are in sync a few times a day, which is my biggest concern.

If anyone has input or suggestions about quickbooks and/or their POS add-on, or ANY helpful quickbooks tips I'll be glad to hear any input.

Thanks in advance. Again if this is not the appropriate place to post... Adam please request that Mods move it accordingly.

Thanks again.

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

Adam , theres one problem

After importing the Item List from Quickbooks to QBI.

I go to " Match products " and select the products to from teh Drop Down Box to match it with the quickbooks items.

Now the problem is that the product names in the Drop Down Box is not complete, its getting cut since

For e.g.

This is what I am getting in the Drop Down

Perfumes Oils:Arabian Perfume Oils:Tola: Mukhal

Whereas it needs to be complete as below:

Perfumes Oils:Arabian Perfume Oils:Tola: Mukhallat Noor Al Ain

how can I increase the number of characters it shows.

I cant make up the products name since the Categories/ Sub Categories is taking up sapce.

Now the problem is that the product names in the Drop Down Box is not complete, its getting cut since...

how can I increase the number of characters it shows.

I limited the size so that the dropdowns would not be hugely long. But you can increase the size by doing the following:

File: qbi_functions.php

Line: 231, 233

Change "48" to a larger number of characters.

Maybe I will make this user configurable in a future release.

Also note that you can choose to list the product name or description first in the config area.

Thanks,

Adam

Another thing is that in " Match Shipping"

its displaying

United Parcel Services whereas I ship through DHL

You will need to add DHL manually by adding it to the qbi_shiposc table as noted in the instructions. The text must exactly match what appears in osC. If you are not sure, do a test order and copy the text from the shipping options as you check out.

Because of the many shipping modules, QBI does not (yet) pull the shipping types automatically. It come with UPS, FedEX, and USPS already in the table.

In a future release I will add DHL and a utility for easily adding shipping types.

Thanks,

Adam

One more problem is that it did not Import Items which were from NON-INVENTORY in quickbooks since oscommerce does not have this option.

Can Non-Inventory items be imported ?

Currently it only works with inventory items, since it is assumed that a store would sell inventory and not non-inventory items.

I will consider adding an option for non-inventory items in a future release.

Thanks,

Adam

If I create my inventory within osC, and get the ecommerce part running, THEN install quickbooks, will the inventory get imported correctly into quickbooks?

OR... vice/versa.  Can I create the inventory in quickbooks, then be able to upload inventory status to osC. ?(possibly using a different contibution)

QBI allows you to export all your osC products into Quickbooks.

It does not let you add Quickooks products directly to osC, but does let you match your QB products to those that are already in osC.

Since I will also be running a storefront, and inventory will be taken from the same place, I'll need to make sure the the store AND osC inventories are in sync a few times a day, which is my biggest concern.

QBI does not deal with the inventory count, and does not export the current osC inventory count into Quickbooks. Inventory may be added in a future version of QBI.

If all your sales are through your online store, you can set the inventories in QB and osC to match, and then they should both stay in sync as each system will deduct inventory for each sale.

- Adam

Thanks for the reply Adam...

So let me clarify. When QBI "Imports payments with invoices or as sales receipts" or "Imports new invoices and new customers in one iif file" does not Quickbooks alter the inventory from these invoices or receipts?

Sorry if these seem dumb, but since I don't have actual hands-on Quickbooks time, I'm trying to determine the "flow".

Thanks again.

QBI allows you to export all your osC products into Quickbooks.

It does not let you add Quickooks products directly to osC, but does let you match your QB products to those that are already in osC.

QBI does not deal with the inventory count, and does not export the current osC inventory count into Quickbooks. Inventory may be added in a future version of QBI.

If all your sales are through your online store, you can set the inventories in QB and osC to match, and then they should both stay in sync as each system will deduct inventory for each sale.

- Adam

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

Thanks for the reply Adam...

So let me clarify.  When QBI "Imports payments with invoices or as sales receipts" or "Imports new invoices and new customers in one iif file" does not Quickbooks alter the inventory from these invoices or receipts?

Yes. Inventory is tracked normally in Quickbooks for sales of Inventory items. It doesn't matter if the invoice is paid or not.

If you have inventory turned on in osC, you'll need to set the stock level to match what's in Quickbooks. So, if stock is 50 units in osC and QB, when you make a sale of two pieces and import it with QBI, then both will show 48 pieces. But if the count starts with 40 in osC and 50 in Quickbooks, then you'll end up with 38 and 48. So, the number of units sold stays on track, but you need to make sure that the starting inventory count is the same in both osC and QBI, because QBI does not do any transfer of the total inventory information.

Just to clarify the payments options (I will explain all the options in a future revision of the manual, but a lot of people were clamouring for me to get version 1.00 released, so I didn't get this part explained fully yet).

Import payments with Invoice: If you do credit card sales with an online gateway, like Authorize.net, turn this on. If you do credit card sales, but process the credit card manually later, then turn it off and record your payments in Quickbooks later when you process the card or use the QB Merchant account.

Import CC payments as Sales Receipt: If you use a gateway, check this and any paid CC sales will import as sales receipts instead of invoices and payments. This is better, because you don't have to manually check off which invoice is paid. Note, if you choose this feature, then "Import Payments with Invoice" is over-ridden.

Sorry if these seem dumb

No questions are dumb.

Thanks,

Adam

On my site, the Shipping name is

"WorldWide Express Shipping "

Now do I add this to

qbi_shiposc_carrier

or

qbi_shiposc_service

I have not named my shipping as DHL on my site. It just shows " WorldWide Express Shipping"

Try in service and leave carrier blank if it does not show on the osC invoice.

- Adam

Ahhhh...

Thanks for the explaination. That clears things up for me. ( at least for now! :thumbsup: ) Great job, I know you've made many people happy with this contribution!

Yes. Inventory is tracked normally in Quickbooks for sales of Inventory items. It doesn't matter if the invoice is paid or not.

If you have inventory turned on in osC, you'll need to set the stock level to match what's in Quickbooks. So, if stock is 50 units in osC and QB, when you make a sale of two pieces and import it with QBI, then both will show 48 pieces. But if the count starts with 40 in osC and 50 in Quickbooks, then you'll end up with 38 and 48. So, the number of units sold stays on track, but you need to make sure that the starting inventory count is the same in both osC and QBI, because QBI does not do any transfer of the total inventory information.

Just to clarify the payments options (I will explain all the options in a future revision of the manual, but a lot of people were clamouring for me to get version 1.00 released, so I didn't get this part explained fully yet).

Import payments with Invoice: If you do credit card sales with an online gateway, like Authorize.net, turn this on. If you do credit card sales, but process the credit card manually later, then turn it off and record your payments in Quickbooks later when you process the card or use the QB Merchant account.

Import CC payments as Sales Receipt: If you use a gateway, check this and any paid CC sales will import as sales receipts instead of invoices and payments. This is better, because you don't have to manually check off which invoice is paid. Note, if you choose this feature, then "Import Payments with Invoice" is over-ridden.

No questions are dumb.

Thanks,

Adam

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

Am I missing something obvious? My orders do not seem tto be chnging the QBI status, by default they are setting to 2 and showing in previous orders. If I manually set it to 1 in DB then it shows in Previous but does not update - I must be missing something????

C-

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

Am I missing something obvious?  My orders do not seem tto be chnging the QBI status, by default they are setting to 2 and showing in previous orders.  If I manually set it to 1 in DB then it shows in Previous but does not update - I must be missing something????

C-

Ok, slight bug discovered!

After running the database installer qbi_install_db.php, go into your database manager (such as phpMyAdmin), go to the table "orders," and change the default for the field "qbi_imported" from 2 to 0 (zero),

This will be corrected in the next revision.

Thanks,

Adam

Alos,

Is anyone else having problems save the iif file w/ Firefox?

I've tested it with both IE 6.0 and Firefox 1.0. In fact, I'm using Firefox now as my default browser. I haven't had problems myself, but let me know what kind of problem you are having.

Thanks,

Adam