• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI Quickbooks Import

adam5532

Then you probably don't have permissions set correctly for the qbi_output and qbi_input directories. They should be set to 777. Certain control panels do not allow you to use 777 and may need 775.

Thanks,

Adam

Unfortunately setting the directories to 755 or 777 didn't work. If it were a chmod problem with perms my other "download IIF file" buttons wouldn't work either. Any other suggestions? Sorry to be such a pain. Would it matter that I'm chrooting my Apache on OpenBSD?

TIA

Unfortunately setting the directories to 755 or 777 didn't work. If it were a chmod problem with perms my other "download IIF file" buttons wouldn't work either. Any other suggestions? Sorry to be such a pain. Would it matter that I'm chrooting my Apache on OpenBSD?

TIA

Check your server logs for any errors.

Do these customers have accounts? If you have the contrib to make orders without accounts that could be an issue.

Customers are always included with the qbi_orders.iif file. There really isn't much reason to use the customer download. It is only for those who want to transfer their old customers without their orders into QB for the first time. If you have no old customers, as in your case, there is no reson to use this function.

Thanks,

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Hopefully I am not repeating a previous question but I am getting the following error when I try to import orders in QB:

"You cannot record a blank transaction. Fill in the appropriate fields and try again."

When I press OK I get the next error message:

"Error in Line 7. Can't record invalid transaction"

When I select OK, I get the following Warning:

Quickbooks has detected that one of your items does not have an account associated with it. Go to the item list to make sure all items are associated with accounts.

So it appears that when I imported the products in QB they were not imported correctly.

When I looked at the products the product ID in OSC was not carried through but instead the complete product description became the Item Code, w/out description and w/out pricing.

Any assistance on this will be highly appreciated.

Best Rgds.

Hi there,

Hopefully I am not repeating a previous question but I am getting the following error when I try to import orders in QB:

"You cannot record a blank transaction. Fill in the appropriate fields and try again."

When I press OK I get the next error message:

"Error in Line 7. Can't record invalid transaction"

When I select OK, I get the following Warning:

Quickbooks has detected that one of your items does not have an account associated with it. Go to the item list to make sure all items are associated with accounts.

So it appears that when I imported the products in QB they were not imported correctly.

When I looked at the products the product ID in OSC was not carried through but instead the complete product description became the Item Code, w/out description and w/out pricing.

Any assistance on this will be highly appreciated.

Best Rgds.

It sounds like the Item Income Account is missing from the QBI configuration. Make sure that you have gone completely through the QBI setup, and that all the proper accounts are filled in on the configuration page before trying to do any imports.

Thanks,

Adam

Hey Adam,

Great job on this attribute.

I am trying to set up the QBI to work properly with my QB, one problem:

Until today i had an item number and inventory control for each attribute as it is an additional item on to the order.

Right now it creates a sub item for my existing one.

How do I set the QBI iif file not to import the attributes if possible at all?

Any idea?

Thanks,

Nir

Hot Buckles Inc.

Belt Buckles

Hey Adam,

Great job on this attribute.

I am trying to set up the QBI to work properly with my QB, one problem:

Until today i had an item number and inventory control for each attribute as it is an additional item on to the order.

Right now it creates a sub item for my existing one.

How do I set the QBI iif file not to import the attributes if possible at all?

This is a feature in QBI 3.x and is not available in 2.10. However, with 2.10 you can use the matching system to match each entry of a product with a different attribute to the same QB item. If you wish the attribute to import as a separate item, you can use the matching system to match the product to a QB group. There is also an osC contribution that allows attributes to be separate products.

Thanks,

Adam

This is a feature in QBI 3.x and is not available in 2.10. However, with 2.10 you can use the matching system to match each entry of a product with a different attribute to the same QB item. If you wish the attribute to import as a separate item, you can use the matching system to match the product to a QB group. There is also an osC contribution that allows attributes to be separate products.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

Imported and tried matching, the problem is that with the attributes it makes me have over 10k products on the list, which as you know will make the matching process over a month..... :-)

Any possibility to modify the code not to export and match the attributes, only the products until the new version comes out?

Thanks,

Nir

Belt Buckles

Hi,

I am having a small problem. I have a number of products that are measured in inches, so I have product names like 2" Silicone Coupler or 4" Exhaust etc..

When importing the products in to QB, it imports without error, but then when you look at the list of products in QB, there is no price, and the Account is wrong..

Does QB's importer treat a " like a tab, or ignore any tabs until the " is closed.

Hi,

I am having a small problem. I have a number of products that are measured in inches, so I have product names like 2" Silicone Coupler or 4" Exhaust etc..

When importing the products in to QB, it imports without error, but then when you look at the list of products in QB, there is no price, and the Account is wrong..

Does QB's importer treat a " like a tab, or ignore any tabs until the " is closed.

QB doesn't like double quotes. They are converted to single quotes in QBI 3.x. - with QBI 2.x you'll need to change them manually or not use them. QBI 4.x will bypass this problem by using qbXML.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

Imported and tried matching, the problem is that with the attributes it makes me have over 10k products on the list, which as you know will make the matching process over a month..... :-)

Any possibility to modify the code not to export and match the attributes, only the products until the new version comes out?

Thanks,

Nir

Nir,

I will consider adding that ability to QBI version 4.x.

Thanks,

Adam

Dear Adam,

Thank you again for this MOST EXCELLENT contribution! I have been using it for over a year now!

Today I tried to Import the orders and nothing loaded. I found the that file was actually empty. Where would I start troubleshooting this? (When I created the iif file, it said there was 25 orders for the file.)

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Craig

Hi, I'm trying to install v2.10c.

All seems ok, I've checked ALL files are installed.

HOWEVER, when i click on QB import in 'catalog' it says succesfull but the link just bounces me back instead to admin.

I've looked at the databas and NO qbi fields have been added.

Gettin desperate... CAn you help ?? I've looked at ALL previous posts, tried everything..

Incidentally, the URL displayed when i click on the config link changes and says i have dbver=00, i assume it means my database version....

i.e the Db check is working as it HASNT added any fields.

Dear Adam,

Thank you again for this MOST EXCELLENT contribution! I have been using it for over a year now!

Today I tried to Import the orders and nothing loaded. I found the that file was actually empty. Where would I start troubleshooting this? (When I created the iif file, it said there was 25 orders for the file.)

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Craig

Maybe you clicked twice by mistake? If you refresh the page, do they now appear under "Previous Batch of Orders?"

Thanks,

Adam

Is there a way to specify the starting and ending invoice # in the create iif routine so we can re-download a specific range of invoices?

If you know SQL, you can change the qbi_imported field in the Orders table for those orders you want to re-import. Note that you also have to make sure that the QBI configuration option "Import orders with status:" is set appropriately. 0=new, 1=last batch, 2=previous, 3 or more=exclude.

Alternately, you can add "where clauses" on the qbi_create.php page in the orders section, as in the following example:

$iif_form->where_clause("orders_id>=101");

$iif_form->where_clause("orders_id<=200");

Thanks,

Adam

Hi, I'm trying to install v2.10c.

All seems ok, I've checked ALL files are installed.

HOWEVER, when i click on QB import in 'catalog' it says succesfull but the link just bounces me back instead to admin.

I've looked at the databas and NO qbi fields have been added.

Gettin desperate... CAn you help ?? I've looked at ALL previous posts, tried everything..

Incidentally, the URL displayed when i click on the config link changes and says i have dbver=00, i assume it means my database version....

i.e the Db check is working as it HASNT added any fields.

Make sure that you have added the database table definitions in the installation instructions. If you have a permissions contribution for your osC control panel, make sure that you have told it to allow QBI to be accessed. QBI 3.x has a much improved installation routine. In a few months I hope to release QBI 4.x Basic here.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi All,

I'm in the middle of moving, so please excuse any lapses in support during this period. As soon as possible, I will continue work on QBI 4.x, and plan to release QBI 4.x Basic as an osC contribution in a few months.

Thanks,

Adam

Maybe you clicked twice by mistake? If you refresh the page, do they now appear under "Previous Batch of Orders?"

Thanks,

Adam

It turns out the server had updated the version of PHP... they had to then revert back to the older version so things would work again...

It turns out the server had updated the version of PHP... they had to then revert back to the older version so things would work again...

Yes, QBI 2.x is not tested with PHP 5.x, and does not work with Register Globals turned off. QBI 3.x works with Register Globals off and any version of PHP.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello!

First I would like to thank the creators of QBI. It has become an invaluable tool in our office and appreciate any and all efforts made to improve this software! We use QBI here and it works fine except for one issue we have that may actually be a feature we need disabled. Currently, when importing any amounts for SHIPPING from OSCommerce. QBI is set to import the values as payments and either subtract of create a negative value, depending on which account we end up associating it with. I have come to the conclusion that QBI does this perhaps assuming that the shipping costs on the website will be the shipping costs that end up getting subtracted from our accounts. While this is understandable, we do not want this. We want the shipping to be added revenue into quickbooks and we will then subtract it as we pay our UPS account. If anyone can point me to the right direction either in the configuration, code or Quickbooks itself where I can turn this feature off, I would greatly appreciate it! I am proficient in PHP, mySQL and the like so if it's something that is hard coded just tell me the line and what needs to be changed. Thanks!

just went through the order engine, it's pretty straight forward. The shipping method is between lines lines 302 and 308, but i dont see anything or anywhere other than the (-) in front of the value that would determine a negative amount.. and that's not the correct one cause the product's price also has it.

Hi Adam-

Thanks for this amazing contribution. It makes my life sooo much easier on a daily basis.

I have one problem. When any kind of discount or coupon is used (with ccgv), QBI won't import the order. I get the error message:

The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form.

Then: Error on line x.:

Can't record invalid transaction.

Help! Thanks.

When using QBI in a store that doesn't do online credit card processing (this is done in Quickbooks), will the new orders be easily accessible in Quickbooks (able to be distinguished quickly) in order to process them after being imported?

Hi Adam-

Thanks for this amazing contribution. It makes my life sooo much easier on a daily basis.

I have one problem. When any kind of discount or coupon is used (with ccgv), QBI won't import the order. I get the error message:

The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equal the amount at the top of the form.

Then: Error on line x.:

Can't record invalid transaction.

Help! Thanks.

1) You may not have completed Set-up and Match for discounts.

2) Some discount modules set the sign differently. This can be identified by looking at the iif file. If you can send it to me I will check this and tell you how to fix it.

Thanks,

Adam