• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

php.ini doesnt exist

Hi All, I'm trying to install osc on a win server, have uploaded it with ftp, when I go to the catalog or catalog /install or catalog/instal/install.php I always get:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

Thing is I cant find a php.ini file anywhere to change this option.

Please Help

you have to go to your control panel or ask your web provider

are you on a shared server? If so, then they may not give you permission to change such values. In this case, you will have to use the contributions to get oscommerce to work with register globals = off

Hi All, I'm trying to install osc on a win server, have uploaded it with ftp, when I go to the catalog or catalog /install or catalog/instal/install.php I always get:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

Thing is I cant find a php.ini file anywhere to change this option.

Please Help

You may be able to turn globals on via an htaccess file depending on the server set up. Don't count on it though.

Here's a link.

http://snipe.net/content/view/10/33/

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

are you on a shared server? If so, then they may not give you permission to change such values.  In this case, you will have to use the contributions to get oscommerce to work with register globals = off

Well, would you believe it, :o I just get my store all looking dandy after a nearly a year of trials and tribulations when get the same error and find that the register globals have been switched off. So, I zipped off an e-mail to my hosts who, by the way I chose due to the fact that they offered osCommerce as part of their service, and find that I get this reply :-

register_globals have been disabled as they are a security risk. Please amend your code to work without them. We cannot have anything allowing our servers security to be breached

So, looks like there is no chance of me getting my store working without a work-around. If any of you guys know of any contributions on this matter then I will really appreciate it. :angry:

I had this problem too. I added my own php.ini in the public_html and the admin directories with the following contents:

register_globals = On

zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15

zend_extension="/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendOptimizer.so"

Give it a try and see what gives.

AndrewM

This is the patch you must apply to your OSC installation that Vger was talking about http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,globals.

conno

-----------------------------------------------------

Contribs I am using

1. register_globals_v1.2.1. Richard Bentley

2. Template for fixed width site. Rhea Anthony

3. OsPlayer v2.0b. ManMachine

What it will do (most likely) is to have your host suspend your website if they find you have endangered the server by overriding their register_globals restriction, via a .htaccess fix.

If a hacker can get into one insecure website on a shared server then, from that point, they can migrate their activities to other sites on the same server.

However, it would be legitimate, if your site is set to run in High Security, to make use of an existing local php.ini file. Take a look through your ftp folders to see if there is one, maybe a pathway like etc/php. If it does exist you are entitled to use it, and if your hosting company doesn't want this then they should remove the facility.

The only problem with this is that this local php.ini file will probably get overwritten every time the server is upgraded.

Vger

You may be able to turn globals on via an htaccess file depending on the server set up.

The only problem with this is that this local php.ini file will probably get overwritten every time the server is upgraded.

Vger

One solution to this is to get yourself a clean production server(with IP and ssh) and build from scratch exactly what you need. Thats what I did and i have since never looked back - it was a hard slog for the first day or so though. But I learnt more then than I did at kindergarten and I went to kindy for a whole year :blink:

conno

-----------------------------------------------------

Contribs I am using

1. register_globals_v1.2.1. Richard Bentley

2. Template for fixed width site. Rhea Anthony

3. OsPlayer v2.0b. ManMachine

Archived