• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Order Emails

kittidid

When a customer places an order. Our store gets an email and so does the customer. They have ordered for instance 6 products with attibute choices.

Example:

Products Ordered:

1 x Stylist Wear Pants (SW110) = $23.00

Size Medium

Fabric/Color Crinkle Nylon-Blue

Pant Ankles Elastic Ankles

1 x Stylist Wear V-Neck Shirt (SW112) = $23.00

Size Medium

1 x Stylist Wear Tank Top (SW115) = $23.00

Size Medium

This order is hard to read and frustrating trying to separate the 3 items. They all seem to run together. How can I add a space in between each item ordered. Also I would like to indent the attributes chosen. That would aide in separating the items ordered.

I would also like to rid of the x (1 x Stylist Wear Pants). I would just like to have (1 Stylist Wear Pants) or just use a dash or something (1 - Stylist Wear Pants).

Any help appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Kitti

Modify catalog/checkout_process.php

Around line 211 to add a few spaces after the tab character

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

change it to

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t    " . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

Around line 219 to wax the "x" and add a newline between products.

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . '  ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') = ' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n\n";

change it to

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') = ' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";

Make a back up your copy of code before making these changes. I have not tested them, but they should work.

HTH

Tom

That worked great. However, the x is still there. But that's ok. At least the attributes are indented and now there is a line space between products ordered. So, so much easier to read and understand.

Thanks a bunch Tom!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kitti

Archived